PDA

View Full Version : APUG South East Meet

dustym
11-07-2005, 12:09 PM
How does the Royal Naval College in Greenwich sound , plenty to see and do lots
of fine watering holes , go on a Sunday Greenwich market on as well so some photo oppurtunities there as well, please post thoughts etc and any suggestions.

Dusty

FrankB
11-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Quick suggestion - If you can you might want to put a "UK" in the thread title, or request a mod move it to the UK Regional area. Just a thought.

Would love to make the meet, but I'm afraid I don't think I'll be able to.

All the best

Frank

markbb
11-08-2005, 04:00 AM
How does the Royal Naval College in Greenwich sound , plenty to see and do lots
of fine watering holes , go on a Sunday Greenwich market on as well so some photo oppurtunities there as well, please post thoughts etc and any suggestions.

Dusty

Myself and 4 other LF shooters visited the Royal Naval College 3 weekends ago. A bossy, loud-mouthed & ignorant women ordered us off the 'private estate'. She informed us that we were professional photographers, on the basis that we were using tripods. Despite gently pointing out to her that one of the cameras was clearly home made and hardly the tool someone would choose to make a living, she was adamant (and very rude).

Earlier in the day we attracted the attention of Security guards at Canary Wharf. An interesting debate ensued, between one of the guards (who was sympathetic) and a foul-mouthed Scotish bloke at 'control'. We were able to listen to this exchange for sometime via the radios of the several guards who had arrived.

The upshot is I would recommend any group contacts a venue prior to arrival. anything that shows you are a group of amateurs will help, otherwise you may find yourself being charged a hefty location fee.

dustym
11-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Okay then , I will have to get some suggestions from some of the guys at the club, seems like people find a lense somewhat offensive nowadays.

rgds
Dusty