PDA

View Full Version : I GOT IT..I GOT IT.. I..GOT..IT!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

gandolfi
11-22-2005, 09:26 AM
yeah!! :D

I GOT the GANDOLFI Stereo outfit in the link below..

I am SOOOO excited..

Can't wait for it to come! and try it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7563272572&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

any envy is appriciated!

bobfowler
11-22-2005, 09:28 AM
yeah!! :D

I GOT the GANDOLFI Stereo outfit in the link below..

I am SOOOO excited..

Can't wait for it to come! and try it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7563272572&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

any envy is appriciated!

SWEET! Looks to be in great shape. You will be posting stereo pairs, won't you? :)

David A. Goldfarb
11-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Nice one!

gandolfi
11-22-2005, 09:33 AM
SWEET! Looks to be in great shape. You will be posting stereo pairs, won't you? :)
it IS sweet, and yes I'll post stereos..
But the only thing missing is the "sept" (I was told that was the name of the gizmo that divides the camera in two at the inside..)
However it can be made in cardboard I was told (?)

JHannon
11-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Glad you got that camera. I can't think of anyone else more deserving! Nice to know it will be used and not just sit on a collector's shelf.

I look forward to seeing your work with this camera

bobfowler
11-22-2005, 09:40 AM
But the only thing missing is the "sept" (I was told that was the name of the gizmo that divides the camera in two at the inside..)

I have a stereo gizmo for 4X5 that I haven't played with yet. It consists of a lens attachment with some mirrors and a device that goes inside the body (in front of the film holder) to keep the images separate. I really should put it on (and in) a camera and try it out.

smieglitz
11-22-2005, 09:56 AM
OMG! Congratulations. Gandolphi in 3-D. I've been waiting for this!

Emil, how do you plan to pay for this? I suggest holding an immediate liquidation of your wonderful inventory of prints at deep discounts.

Joe

jimgalli
11-22-2005, 10:00 AM
The only thing better than a single Gandolfi print is the same print in STEREO! Congrats. But it'll be painful trying to mangle side by side identical images.....identically.

gandolfi
11-22-2005, 10:03 AM
OMG! Congratulations. Gandolphi in 3-D. I've been waiting for this!

Emil, how do you plan to pay for this? I suggest holding an immediate liquidation of your wonderful inventory of prints at deep discounts.

Joe
:D
joe... I allready paied it. this is fortunately an item from a pro shop, so I gave them some info, and they thanked me...

and I had phoned my bank, and asked for a possible draft beyond my current limit, and the guy just said: Go for it..

as I have mentioned before I had a small amount of money left from my late parents. And I purchased a painting and now this gem.
So I have the feeling that it actually was a gift from my parents..

I am currently trying to figure out some images to put for sale here on APUG.
I have some trouble as almost all my images are unique and I have trouble figuring out a decent price...

working on it..

thanks.

reellis67
11-22-2005, 10:04 AM

Septum is the English word for it, and you should have no problem using still cardstock or thin cardboard to replace it. All it does is keep the image from each lens from shining onto the film for the other lens. Can't wait to see the stereo image you make. Congratulations!

- Randy

argus
11-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Gandolfi,

Did you buy it for having a backup-negative in case you mess up during "killing your darlings"??? ;-)

G

gandolfi
11-22-2005, 10:06 AM
The only thing better than a single Gandolfi print is the same print in STEREO! Congrats. But it'll be painful trying to mangle side by side identical images.....identically.
:)

I actuall yalready have some stereo images, made with an old russian "Sputnik" camera.
I tryed to see, whether light could "behave" as a "thing" - as the background..
And it can..
the images are too erotic, I think, to post here...

A second try was to keep one of the negatives, and ruin the other one.
Looking at them together as a stereo gives fine possibillities..

Ole
11-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Congratulations, Emil!

That is one fine camera - in fact it's almost two fine cameras!

I it were someone else I would be envious - since it's you, I'll just get in line to buy a print ;)

BTW - is that a double Thornton-Pickard shutter behind the stereo lenses???

laz
11-22-2005, 10:27 AM
and I had phoned my bank, and asked for a possible draft beyond my current limit, and the guy just said: Go for it..
.Gee I want a bank like that!

And I'll just join the chorus asking you to get busy and start selling us some prints. I predict an immediate sell out and a Gandolfi seconday market soon after!

and just because I know all sorts of useless information, the missing "sept" is the septum. Named after the partition that divides two cavities in an organism. We have a nasal septum and the atrial septum of the heart.

-Bob

gandolfi
11-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Gee I want a bank like that!

And I'll just join the chorus asking you to get busy and start selling us some prints. I predict an immediate sell out and a Gandolfi seconday market soon after!

and just because I know all sorts of useless information, the missing "sept" is the septum. Named after the partition that divides two cavities in an organism. We have a nasal septum and the atrial septum of the heart.

-Bob
thanks Bob..

I'm a sucker for new knowlegde...

I have to upload some images soon...

(but if it is true, that people actually want to buy my prints.. then the price will increase..;))

gandolfi
11-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Congratulations, Emil!

That is one fine camera - in fact it's almost two fine cameras!

I it were someone else I would be envious - since it's you, I'll just get in line to buy a print ;)

BTW - is that a double Thornton-Pickard shutter behind the stereo lenses???
I don't know about the shutter yet, but I'll tell when it arrives..

and now you have a reason to visit! :D

laz
11-22-2005, 10:33 AM
(but if it is true, that people actually want to buy my prints.. then the price will increase..;))Personally I believe you could recoupe the price of this camera with less than half a dozen prints :) -Bob

Ole
11-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Personally I believe you could recoupe the price of this camera with less than half a dozen prints :) -Bob

AAARGH! You had to tell him, didn't you? You just ruined my chances of building up a nice collection of Emil Schildt pictures before they move out of my price range!

laz
11-22-2005, 10:43 AM
AAARGH! You had to tell him, didn't you? You just ruined my chances of building up a nice collection of Emil Schildt pictures before they move out of my price range!

:D I'm going to offer to be his agent, so I want to maximize my 10% cut! :)

roy
11-22-2005, 11:03 AM
I am pleased that you are pleased !