PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Ilford Mobberley factory on 2nd June 06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

leeturner
05-21-2006, 04:19 AM
Just a quick one on getting there and back. Friday mornings and afternoons are usually chaos on the M62, M60 and M6 so I'd factor in a bit more travelling time than usual. If you're coming from the North then take the M56 then the A34 and follow the directions for Knutsford.

If anyone wants a lift please send me a PM or alternatively we could meet up at Birch services and travel in together.

Dave Miller
05-21-2006, 05:27 AM
Given Lee's advice about travelling difficulties reminds me that Tony's hotel room is available at the Knutsford service for anyone that wants to travel to the area on the previous evening. If you want it then PM me to arrange.

Blighty
05-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Leon,
Really sorry about this, but it's looking increasingly unlikely I'll be able to make it. Work commitments are to blame and it's really p****d me off. There is a small chance I could make it but I reckon you're going to need a finalised list of who can definitely be there. I'm just hoping that there will be another opportunity in the future. Anyway, many apologies, and I hope everyone has a great day. Regards (a really, REALLY wazzed off) Blighty

eubielicious
05-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi Leon,

Still very much on for the trip, but I will be on the train - by the looks of things it's about a mile to the railway station, do you know how easy it is to get from one to the other? That's unless anyone's driving from Mytholmroyd/Hebden Bridge... :-)

Euan

Leon
05-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi Leon,

Still very much on for the trip, but I will be on the train - by the looks of things it's about a mile to the railway station, do you know how easy it is to get from one to the other? That's unless anyone's driving from Mytholmroyd/Hebden Bridge... :-)

Euan

I've no idea I'm afraid Euan - I'm from the opposite end of the country! Hopefully someone else will chip in. I've got an official ilford map to send out to anyone who wants it, but I'm afraid it doesnt help you anyway more than you already know Euan. It suggests a taxi ride .... I'm sure someone must be able to pick you up en route.

leeturner
05-24-2006, 05:55 AM
Hi Leon,

Euan

I looked up train times as I didn't fancy the drive. It's about two hours as you will have to change at Victoria & Altrincham. If you can get though to Tod or Rochdale I can pick you up at the station. I work in Sowerby Bridge but live in Lancs. so ideally Rochdale would be better for the motorway but Tod's only 15 minutes away. I would estimate we'll need to leave around 7:30 or so.

eubielicious
05-24-2006, 06:46 AM
I looked up train times as I didn't fancy the drive. It's about two hours as you will have to change at Victoria & Altrincham. If you can get though to Tod or Rochdale I can pick you up at the station. I work in Sowerby Bridge but live in Lancs. so ideally Rochdale would be better for the motorway but Tod's only 15 minutes away. I would estimate we'll need to leave around 7:30 or so.

Hi Lee - you tell me what suits you better - I can go to either Tod or Rochdale easily enough since it would be the same train anyway.

The train times would mean having to catch a train from Mytholmroyd at 5-something, so any improvement on that is most welcome!

Euan

leeturner
05-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Euan, I'll send you a PM later on this week then we can organise some times.

Dave Miller
05-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Given Lee's advice about travelling difficulties reminds me that Tony's hotel room is available at the Knutsford service for anyone that wants to travel to the area on the previous evening. If you want it then PM me to arrange.

Working on the first come basis Tony's room has been taken. Both Ole and Petzi have posted me and asked about hotels. I believe they are flying in to Manchester so can anyone recommend a hotel around the airport, and convenient to Ilford's? Contact details will be helpful.

Ole
05-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I'll be arriving the afternoon before and staying until Sunday morning. Any help and advice in finding a place to stay is very welcome!

PS: I promise to bring no more than 2 cameras. All right - no more than three! That will be far easier to accomodate than the six I brought to the Norwegian Gathering

Alan Johnson
05-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi Ole,
I found accommodation at
www.virtual-knutsford.co.uk
I hope to get a taxi from Knutsford station. Good luck.

Matt5791
05-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Leon,

I have to report that Luke Smith, who I asked to be put on the list some time back, is no longer able to make it unfortunately. Very sorry about this and the short notice.

I myself am getting very excited indeed about the trip and meeting everyone!

Many thanks,
Matt

05-27-2006, 11:54 AM
I just found out that work have scheduled a couple of the most important meetings of the year for the 1st and 2nd of June, so I'm gonna have to miss this.

Sorry guys. Hope you have a great time, and I REALLY WILL catch up with you for the next get together.

Ian

Leon
05-27-2006, 12:57 PM
oh my god, they're dropping like fleis! sorry you cant make it matt and ian.

current list:

Leon,
frankb,
dave miller,
bobf,
brac,
ole,
phill dresser,
pentax user,
ben taylor,
markbb,
lee turner,
Schlapp
AndyBax
Donald Stewart
LAMitchell
Alan Johnson
gr82bart
mikeg
Simon E
Petzi
Blighty
eubielicious

Ole
05-30-2006, 06:03 AM
That's settled, then - I'll be staying at "The Rose & Crown" in the middle of Knutsford. Arriving late Thursday, leaving Sunday afternoon. :D

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Leon
05-30-2006, 10:40 AM
whoops - spanner attack! I didnt mean you Matt. revised list ......

Leon,
frankb,
dave miller,
bobf,
brac,
ole,
phill dresser,
pentax user,
ben taylor,
markbb,
lee turner,
Schlapp
AndyBax
Donald Stewart
LAMitchell
Alan Johnson
gr82bart
mikeg
Simon E
Petzi
Blighty
eubielicious
Matt5791

Matt5791
05-30-2006, 10:50 AM
whoops - spanner attack! I didnt mean you Matt. revised list ......

Cheers Leon - got a bit worried there!

Many thanks,

Really looking forward to the day.

Matt

Petzi
05-30-2006, 01:25 PM
PS: I promise to bring no more than 2 cameras. All right - no more than three! That will be far easier to accomodate than the six I brought to the Norwegian Gathering

I assume those weren't Minoxes?

gr82bart
05-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey Leon,

Just a reminder that I am out. I had to reschedule my trip to the w/o June 19, so I can't make this Friday.

Regards, Art.

Dave Miller
05-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey Leon,

Just a reminder that I am out. I had to reschedule my trip to the w/o June 19, so I can't make this Friday.

Regards, Art.
That's a shame Art, I for one was looking forward to meeting you.