PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Ilford Mobberley factory on 2nd June 06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

CarlRadford
12-17-2005, 05:30 PM
no probs Carl ... BTW when I said "dome" earlier, I of course meant "done" --- DOH!

dome, done, dope..... I need therapy :)

Leon
02-12-2006, 09:13 AM
BUMP .......

there are a few more uk members here now who may be interested in this - have a look back through the thread for details.

Thomassauerwein
02-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Man am I Jealous!!! Would do anything (almost) to get to meet the people at Ilford.
Leon can you ask them if they will send me a "pity" ticket?.

Ben Taylor
02-15-2006, 04:05 AM
BUMP .......

there are a few more uk members here now who may be interested in this - have a look back through the thread for details.

Thanks, Leon, for organising this. It looks like I will be able to get the time off. Is the planned date still Friday 2nd June?

It's a bit of a drive for me, so I was thinking of finding a hotel for the Thursday night - could anyone who knows the area recommend somewhere?

Matt5791
02-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Definitely Definitely Definitely - only just saw this thread - please count me in if you can!

Birmingham is only a short trip from Manchester too!

Thanks,
Matt

LAMitchell
02-19-2006, 02:49 PM
I may well be interested in this, put me down if thats okay?

hka
02-19-2006, 04:20 PM
BUMP .......

Sorry, I delete this message because I have overlooked an appointment at that date.

Leon
02-20-2006, 04:53 PM
To confirm - as said earlier in this thread, the date Simon has given us is 2nd June, 0930 start. Maximum attendence = 35, although 30 would be ideal. Simon has kindly said he will run the tour with about 15 - 20, we need to put on a good show really to make it worth his while.

PLease can people register their interest in this thread - I'm just keeping tab of names etc but am not organising anything as such - there is no need for people to PM me with their personal phone numbers or other such information. Once we get closer to the date, hopefully someone will be able to give us some travel directions etc. I'll PM everyone on the list in May to ask people to confirm numbers and I'll forward the list on to Simon so he knows who to expect. We currently only have 22 people who have registered via the thread - so if you know others who could possibly come, give them a push in this direction.

-
Current list as follows

leon,
frankb,
dave miller,
bobf,
brac,
ole,
phill dresser,
barry wilkinson,
carl radford,
pentax user,
ben taylor,
kraker,
markbb,
lee turner,
Struan Gray
Schlapp
AndyBax
Bogeyes
Donald Stewart
Matt5791
LAMitchell

CHeers (exciting, isnt it)!

Leon

Alan Johnson
02-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi Leon,
Put me on the list please I booked accommodation in Knutsford.

Leon
02-21-2006, 03:10 AM
To confirm - as said earlier in this thread, the date Simon has given us is 2nd June, 0930 start. Maximum attendence = 35, although 30 would be ideal. Simon has kindly said he will run the tour with about 15 - 20, we need to put on a good show really to make it worth his while.

PLease can people register their interest in this thread - I'm just keeping tab of names etc but am not organising anything as such - there is no need for people to PM me with their personal phone numbers or other such information. Once we get closer to the date, hopefully someone will be able to give us some travel directions etc. I'll PM everyone on the list in May to ask people to confirm numbers and I'll forward the list on to Simon so he knows who to expect. We currently only have 22 people who have registered via the thread - so if you know others who could possibly come, give them a push in this direction.

updated list as follows

leon,
frankb,
dave miller,
bobf,
brac,
ole,
phill dresser,
barry wilkinson,
carl radford,
pentax user,
ben taylor,
kraker,
markbb,
lee turner,
Struan Gray
Schlapp
AndyBax
Bogeyes
Donald Stewart
Matt5791
LAMitchell
Alan Johnson

Matt5791
02-21-2006, 06:38 AM
I have another name to add to the list - Luke Smith.

He is a keen user of HP5 and works as a camera technician and unit stills photographer on the Wallace and Grommit production studios in Bristol. He has indicated he will be delighted to come and I have offered the opportunity to him on the basis that we are still only at 23 in number.

Matt

Leon
02-21-2006, 12:20 PM
I have another name to add to the list - Luke Smith.

Matt

that sounds fine Matt - as long as there isnt a mad rush of APUG members I dont see there would be a problem with that - what do others think?

leon,
frankb,
dave miller,
bobf,
brac,
ole,
phill dresser,
barry wilkinson,
carl radford,
pentax user,
ben taylor,
kraker,
markbb,
lee turner,
Struan Gray
Schlapp
AndyBax
Bogeyes
Donald Stewart
Matt5791
LAMitchell
Alan Johnson
Luke Smith

Dave Miller
02-21-2006, 12:41 PM
that sounds fine Matt - as long as there isnt a mad rush of APUG members I dont see there would be a problem with that - what do others think?

If he registers will that fix the problem?

Leon, a reminder as to the date would not go amiss, the heading is a bit misleading.

Matt5791
02-21-2006, 04:33 PM
I dont think he was aware of the apug website until I raised this trip. I'm sure he will be registering very soon!

Matt

Leon
02-21-2006, 06:06 PM
If he registers will that fix the problem?

Leon, a reminder as to the date would not go amiss, the heading is a bit misleading.

good point dave - I posted a date reminder in my "list so far" post yesterday for that reason, but again, it is the 2nd June 2006

Bob F.
02-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Perhaps a passing moderator could change the title?

Pretty please....

Cheers, Bob.

Dave Miller
02-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Perhaps a passing moderator could change the title?

Pretty please....

Cheers, Bob.
I think we have to start a firefight to attract a moderator. What shall be fight over; any ideas?

Bob F.
02-22-2006, 02:55 PM
I think we have to start a firefight to attract a moderator. What shall be fight over; any ideas?Sounds like we need Andy - leave it to the professionals... ;)

Dave Miller
02-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Sounds like we need Andy - leave it to the professionals... ;)
You’re not wrong; maybe he’s having a nap?

FrankB
02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Have PM'd the mod team requesting the name change.

<EDIT> Hell's teeth, and that's really quick service for you! :o :cool:

Just out of curiosity, how long were you wusses planning on sitting and whinging about the title before actually directly mentioning it to our super-proactive and generally excellent moderation team?! :D