PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Ilford Mobberley factory on 2nd June 06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Dave Miller
02-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Have PM'd the mod team requesting the name change.

<EDIT> Hell's teeth, and that's really quick service for you! :o :cool:

Just out of curiosity, how long were you wusses planning on sitting and whinging about the title before actually directly mentioning it to our super-proactive and generally excellent moderation team?! :D

I just knew if I winged long enough some goodygoody would leap up and do something about it :D As a matter of fact Frank it never occured to me to actually contact the moderator; much too obvious. by the way, how's the cheesecake budget? Do you think Ilford will have any?

FrankB
02-22-2006, 03:38 PM
by the way, how's the cheesecake budget?

I reckon you owe me a slice after that! :)

Dave Miller
02-22-2006, 03:44 PM
I reckon you owe me a slice after that! :)
That's not the deal I recollect. The arrangement was you buy; I eat - wasn't it?
Signed Worried of Wellingborough.

Andy K
02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
LOL! This couldn't be more British if you tried! :D

Sorry I was too late guys, couldn't find my matches. ;)

FrankB
02-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Well, it's a moving set of goal posts, Dave. After that enormous, timeconsuming and laborious favour I just did you, I reckon they've slid about half a pitch-length! :)

Add in your "goodygoody" remark, and it's starting to look like whoever buys, you wear! :D

However, I don't think we should hijack Leon's thread any more, though. Let's take our insider-trading to PM!

The topic is Simon R Galley's extremely kind offer of a trip round Ilford's Mobberley plant for APUG members on 2 June '06 commencing at 09:30. First come first served and a limited number of places left.

Step right up!

Bob F.
02-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Have PM'd the mod team requesting the name change. Tsk - now that was just cheating... I was hoping there would be enough posts of no interest to anyone else that the mods would have to step in after an avalance of other members PM-ing them to shut those bl**dy Brits up... ;)

Cheers, Bob.

gr82bart
03-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Can you put me down as tentative. I have a trip planned to our facilities in Sandwich, UK around that time and I will extend my stay just for this if the planets align and the Gods get their proper dues.

Regards, Art.

mikeg
03-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Can you add me as a tentative as well please?

Cheers

Mike

Leon
03-12-2006, 04:07 PM
No probs guys ...... list is now:-

leon,
frankb,
dave miller,
bobf,
brac,
ole,
phill dresser,
barry wilkinson,
carl radford,
pentax user,
ben taylor,
kraker,
markbb,
lee turner,
Struan Gray
Schlapp
AndyBax
Bogeyes
Donald Stewart
Matt5791
LAMitchell
Alan Johnson
Luke Smith
gr82bart
mikeg

art - I take it you must work for Pfizers then? that's pretty much all there is at Sandwich these days, apart from the closed power station? anyway, that's about 10 mins form where I work. Small world.

Dave Miller
03-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Pfizers, that that little chemist's place isn't it? Last time I was in Sandwich it cost a penny for the Toll bridge. :rolleyes:
What's this got to do with Ilford ; nothing, nothing at all.

Leon
03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
What's this got to do with Ilford ; nothing, nothing at all.

Dunno really. Just making light conversation/ small talk. It's good to talk Dave.

Dave Miller
03-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Dunno really. Just making light conversation/ small talk. It's good to talk Dave.
That's true. And it gets the message bumped, so can't be bad.

Ole
03-15-2006, 12:20 PM
I've rechecked my calendar, and it seems as if I can make it!

Since my wife got her trip to New Zealand, I think it's only fair that I get to go to Mobberley :p

I may need a lift from somewhere, no definite plans are made yet. I may have to go back quickly to go to work. I may bring a camera or three, and / or a print or three...

Leon
03-15-2006, 04:55 PM
that's great news Ole

FrankB
03-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Nice one, Ole! I look forward to meeting you in person!

Dave Miller
03-16-2006, 11:48 AM
How could you meet him "out of person" Frank?

FrankB
03-17-2006, 02:18 AM
Ah, but we are kindred spirits lifted by our photographic muse above the mundane physical world to share our artistic vision on a true ethereal plane.

(I can't half talk some crap when I put my mind to it! :D )

Bob F.
03-17-2006, 10:18 AM
(I can't half talk some crap when I put my mind to it! :D )You're lucky - I don't usually have to try very hard at all...

Cheers, Bob.

Ole
03-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Cheers, Bob.

Cheers - I find that a pint of beer or five often helps. Or half a bottle of "falling-down-water"...

Dave Miller
03-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Ole, didn't they tell you; we are all tea-total here.