PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Ilford Mobberley factory on 2nd June 06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

FrankB
03-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Ole - ignore Mr Miller. He disdains alcohol preferring instead to mainline cheesecake (although it's hell to get through the syringe).

The rest of us are happy to follow the Scandinavian custom of putting antifreeze in our bloodstream to ward off the cold. (In the summer months we have to think up other excuses, but the custom remains remarkably similar!)

Ole
03-18-2006, 01:52 AM
All right - Flight Bergen - Manchester - Bergen will cost me the staggering sum of 80. I'm in. :)

I could pick up a few boxes of film (Ilford, of course) and save enough to finance the trip!

FrankB
03-20-2006, 02:24 AM
Excellent news!

Remember though, because of new guidelines on in-flight safety, you'll need to pack your axe in your hold baggage...

;)

Brac
03-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Excellent news!

Remember though, because of new guidelines on in-flight safety, you'll need to pack your axe in your hold baggage...

;)

and the horned helmet is probably best left at home...

Ole
03-21-2006, 11:40 AM
We've never had horned helmets, and the axe is simply a photographic monopod with a wedge-shaped head for greater versatility. :)

Tickets are bought. :D

Dave Miller
03-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Leon,
Are you able to tell us at what time proceedings will commence? I have to decide whether to travel up the night before, and lodge, or make an early start on the day.

Petzi
03-21-2006, 01:58 PM
I would like to join this event, but my family responsibilities might get in the way. I am not sure at this time.

kraker
03-22-2006, 08:46 AM
I would like to join this event, but my family responsibilities might get in the way. I am not sure at this time.

Same for me. As long as there's still room on the list, leave me on. Still not sure if I can make it, though.

Leon
03-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Leon,
Are you able to tell us at what time proceedings will commence? I have to decide whether to travel up the night before, and lodge, or make an early start on the day.

Dave - AFAIK Simon said a 9:30 start. I'm going to drive up that morning (make an early start).

I'll PM Simon to confirm then post an official proceedings note here once I know.

getting close now

Dave Miller
03-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks for that Leon, it's an over nighter for me.

Struan Gray
03-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Leon, I'm sorry but I am going to have to drop out. Family commitments have been piling up since the turn of the year and I can't squeeze in another trip away in June. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, and for what it's worth, I'm sick as a proverbial.

Leon
03-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Leon, I'm sorry but I am going to have to drop out. Family commitments have been piling up since the turn of the year and I can't squeeze in another trip away in June. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, and for what it's worth, I'm sick as a proverbial.

Sorry to hear that Struan. I'll take you off the list

Ben Taylor
03-24-2006, 02:43 AM
...AFAIK Simon said a 9:30 start...

It's a longish drive for me, I work a bit closer, so I'm going to drive up after work on the Thursday evening.

I'll probably stay in the Travelodge on the M6 (http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel.php?hotel_id=141) (yeah, I know... but it's cheep and I can turn up at what ever time I feel like...). Apparently it's only about a 15 minute drive from Mobberley and booking now gets a room for 26.

Petzi
03-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Is there a decent bed & breakfast in Mobberley or nearby?

Brac
03-27-2006, 09:16 AM
We've never had horned helmets, and the axe is simply a photographic monopod with a wedge-shaped head for greater versatility. :)

Tickets are bought. :D

Sorry about that, I must be thinking of Denmark or maybe Wagner...

Brook Hill
03-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi Leon,
Can you add my name to the list for the visit to Ilford on 2nd June.

Tony Marlow

Dave Miller
03-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Ben, Tony and I have also booked into the Travelodge on the M6. Maybe you can join us for breakfast in the adjacent Little Chef.

kraker
03-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Hi,

I believe some information was already posted in this thread, but it would be good if somebody could give some information:

- Which airport is the closest (or the best to travel to from mainland Europe)?
- How to travel from there? Which modes of transportation (no, I'm not taking the car on the plane...), where to stay for the night, etc.

I am still not sure if I can join, but some information on the above issues would be much appreciated. If not for me, then certainly others will benefit from it.

mikeg
03-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Manchester airport is very close to Mobberley. Just a short taxi ride away. But I'm sure that some of us can pick people up from the airport if we know flight times.

Cheers

Mike

FrankB
03-29-2006, 04:55 AM
Manchester Airport is the closest. There are lots of hotels close to the airport and even more in Manchester itself.

If you can't find someone to give you a lift and a taxi doesn't appeal, then from Manchester Airport take a train to Manchester Piccadilly (central Manchester). Change there to a train to Mobberley. The trip (including the change) should take about an hour.

You may find the following site useful - http://www.transportdirect.info/

All the best,

Frank