PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Ilford Mobberley factory on 2nd June 06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

BarryWilkinson
05-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Very sorry to hear this Dave, wish him well from me.

Barry

Leon
05-10-2006, 04:16 PM
that's dreadful news Dave - wish him well from me too.

The list is now:-

leon,
frankb,
dave miller,
bobf,
brac,
ole,
phill dresser,
carl radford,
pentax user,
ben taylor,
markbb,
lee turner,
Schlapp
AndyBax
Donald Stewart
Matt5791
LAMitchell
Alan Johnson
Luke Smith
gr82bart
mikeg
Simon E
Petzi
Blighty

That makes our number 25. After a brief pm exchange with Simon Galley I think it's best that we close the list from now. Simon feels that 25 is the optimum number for the day he has planned for us so unless other people drop out, then we are full to capacity.

I'll let you know an official itinery once Simon sends it to me later this week.

cheers and I look forward to meeting you all.

markbb
05-11-2006, 06:28 AM
As you are limiting the numbers to 25, I think I had better drop out and let someone else go, i'm not 100% confident I'll be able to make it.

Leon
05-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Mark - there arent a list of people queueing up to come so I wont take your name off for now. If someone suggests they really want to come between now and the 2nd, then I'll check with you if you still want to drop out. I suspect that not quite everyone will manage to get there anyway.

Les McLean
05-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Dave, please give Tony my best wishes when you next see him. I'm sorry that I'm missing the event but I'm sure I'll be at any subsequent gathering.

Dave Miller
05-11-2006, 09:10 AM
I will pass on your comments to Tony this evening, thank you all.

Petzi
05-11-2006, 11:29 AM
I suspect that not quite everyone will manage to get there anyway.

Yeah, perhaps you'll have a flat tire or something. Run out of gas. No money for cab fare. Your tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole your car. An earthquake. Locusts! A horrible flood!!

Leon
05-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah, perhaps you'll have a flat tire or something. Run out of gas. No money for cab fare. Your tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole your car. An earthquake. Locusts! A horrible flood!!

Well Petzi, now you come to mention it, my sock drawer does need rearranging, and I was planning to take my annual bath on that day ......

Dave Miller
05-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I was planning to take my annual bath on that day ......

Just make sure you bring it forward then. :p

FrankB
05-11-2006, 01:56 PM
...and I was planning to take my annual bath on that day ......

OH, THANK GOD!!!

:D

Dave Miller
05-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Just to let you know that Tony is back home, and no doubt will be connecting here when he's rested.

gr82bart
05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Leon,

My trip to Sandwich has been postponed, so I won't be able to make this trip.

Sorry, Art.

Leon
05-17-2006, 03:48 AM
Good to hear that dave ...

sorry you wont be making it now Bart ... maybe next time;)

Matt5791
05-19-2006, 05:08 AM
Just wondering if we have the finer details finalised yet such as timing of when to arrive at Ilford etc.

Matt.

FrankB
05-19-2006, 05:24 AM
Hi Matt,

I believe the official start time is 09:30 on Friday 2 June at Ilford's site (address - ILFORD Photo, Town Lane, Mobberley, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 7JL, England).

An itinerary of the day's events will be posted when it's available.

All the best,

Frank

Leon
05-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Here is the official itinery as sent to me by Simon

9.30am Meet at ILFORD Photo main reception : You will need to check in at the gatehouse and get a visitors badge and a car pass. I will be present to meet you. PLEASE NOTE : We have construction going on at the top of the site, you will need to travel by this as ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology is 'set back' from the main road ( Town Lane )

9.45am Coffee in conference room (A)

SITE SAFETY BRIEFING :

10.00am We will have an official welcome and brief history of the company from Howard Hopwood, Marketing Director and Deputy Managing Director.

10.45am You will be given lab coats and safety glasses and our tour will commence :

we will visit the following :

Factory scale model : To understand the process :
Research and Development :
Emulsion Making
No14 ( The main coating machine )

Buffet Lunch ( courtesy of ILFORD Photo )
Film Finishing
Paper Finishing
Warehouse

4.15 Tea / Coffee in conference room A : Question and Answer session :

5.00pm : Site visit concludes

If people can email me on leon[at]leontaylor-photo[dot]co[dot]uk I'll fwd them a map on how to get to the factory (once simon has sent this to me). I'm particularly looking forward to the lab coats and safety glasses

see you all there ...

Brook Hill
05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi Barry, Frank, Leon, Les and Phil,

Thanks for all your good wishes, I am back home now with my drains unblocked and blood in full flow. Should be back better than ever in 3 months so should see you in the autumn meet, you can tell me all about the Ilford trip.
Regards , Tony

eubielicious
05-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi - is it too late to get involved? Sounds wonderful and I'd like to be a part of the trip... Euan

Leon
05-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi - is it too late to get involved? Sounds wonderful and I'd like to be a part of the trip... Euan

no probs Euan ... final list is:

leon,
frankb,
dave miller,
bobf,
brac,
ole,
phill dresser,
carl radford,
pentax user,
ben taylor,
markbb,
lee turner,
Schlapp
AndyBax
Donald Stewart
Matt5791
LAMitchell
Alan Johnson
Luke Smith
gr82bart
mikeg
Simon E
Petzi
Blighty
eubielicious

oh, by the way, in the itinery post I made yesterday, where it says "... I will be present to meet you ...." that's simon galley, not me!

cheers!

FrankB
05-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks Leon, sounds really good! Seriously looking forward to it.

Tony - Look after yourself, mate. I want to see you fit and well at the Autumn meet! All the very best.