PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Ilford Mobberley factory on 2nd June 06

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Leon
11-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Simon Galley from Ilford has very kindly offered to allow a group of APUG members a trip to the Ilford Factory at Mobberley sometime next year (?March?).

Dear Leon,

... it will have to be a special trip, I will arrange a date in March 2006 so as I can get 30 or so people together, they can tour the factory, meet our scientists, chemists and also meet our marketing people.

Simon.

I think this is an opportunity that is too good to miss.

A tentative sign-up of interest here would be good start, then Simon can set it up for a suitable date. I imagine that most able to attend will be people from our little island(s) but obviously it's open to all APUG members.

I'm down for no. 1 place ...... who's next?

FrankB
11-23-2005, 09:39 AM
You can put me down as Number 2.

(Um, okay... Maybe I could have expressed that better... :rolleyes: )

Bob F.
11-23-2005, 09:47 AM
'Tis a long trek up to Manchester from London, but I know I'll just get annoyed at myself and sulk if I didn't go, so count me in too.

Cheers, Bob.

Leon
11-23-2005, 11:42 AM
update from Simon ...

As to the factory tour, early March is difficult as I will be at the Focus on Imaging
exhibition, I hear what you say about being too close to the UK meeting in April so how about a date in late May early June...

Simon.

Robert Hall
11-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Please take any pictures you are allowed. I would sure like to be there.

Dave Miller
11-23-2005, 12:59 PM
"I hear what you say about being too close to the UK meeting in April so how about a date in late May early June..."
Or tomorrow; or next week; or Christmas Day - Now?
Better put me down - on the list I mean :p

philldresser
11-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Count me in Leon

Phill

BarryWilkinson
11-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Add me to your list Leon, thanks.

Barry

11-23-2005, 02:16 PM
definatly interested - it's a trek but hopefully worthwhile.

Ian

mikebarger
11-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Surprised they are able to book that far out in advance for a factory tour ;)

Also, is it really that far for one point to another, Didn't think any one place would be more than a day trip from any other location?

Wish I could go!

Mike

Bob F.
11-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Surprised they are able to book that far out in advance for a factory tour ;)

Also, is it really that far for one point to another, Didn't think any one place would be more than a day trip from any other location?

Wish I could go!

Mike Seven hours or so in the car in one day is a bit more than I find comfortable. I start to get bored after 1 hour...

Cheers, Bob.

mikebarger
11-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Guessing not many 80mph run for hours type of driving. I get on I-70, point it west, and the next stop sign is 550 miles on the off ramp in Denver.

Still wish I could make the tour.

Mike

CarlRadford
11-23-2005, 03:11 PM
I'll like to add my name too!

pentaxuser
11-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Simon Galley from Ilford has very kindly offered to allow a group of APUG members a trip to the Ilford Factory at Mobberley sometime next year (?March?).

I think this is an opportunity that is too good to miss.

A tentative sign-up of interest here would be good start, then Simon can set it up for a suitable date. I imagine that most able to attend will be people from our little island(s) but obviously it's open to all APUG members.

I'm down for no. 1 place ...... who's next?

Yes please

Pentaxuser

Struan Gray
11-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I have an image of you all stumbling along in the dark while a disembodied voice intones "..and on your left you can't see the coating line. And on your right you can't see the cutting machines. And in front of you....".

Yes, I'm jealous.

Leon
11-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Bob - if you're that concerned by the drive, I'm sure I could pick you up en-route, I'll have to go past your way to get there anyway. Lets see how it pans out, but the offer is there if you want it.

JHannon
11-23-2005, 05:20 PM
It looks like APUG is well represented! We all look forward to a report of the trip. I wish I could go.

Bob F.
11-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Bob - if you're that concerned by the drive, I'm sure I could pick you up en-route, I'll have to go past your way to get there anyway. Lets see how it pans out, but the offer is there if you want it.Not at all concerned - I just find driving long distances deadly boring... In practice, I'll probably take two or three days off and spend some time in N. Wales as well. Last time I was there the engine in my old Isuzu 4x4 blew up so I only had 4 days of the week I had planned... Time I had another go... ;)

Cheers, Bob.

markbb
11-24-2005, 01:46 AM
Please take any pictures you are allowed. I would sure like to be there.
I can just imaging it on the coating line, someone pulls out a Crown graphic with a number 5 flashbulb..........

Leon
11-24-2005, 02:52 AM
well bob, and anyone else en route to Manchester from the SE, I'll happily offer a lift.