http://www.theleonardo.org/salgado/index.php

Dinner afterwards. location TBD.

Post RSVP, Questions, or PM me.

MenacingTourist
12-02-2005, 11:14 AM
My wife and I will be there.

BradS
12-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Sounds like a good time. Wish I could join you but this is a little too short notice. Have fun!

Aggie
12-02-2005, 12:02 PM
I have other plans for that weekend. Like I said the next one would have been good for me. BTW I loved the Bombay House when Alan and his wife took me there, and my favorite place in Salt City was the Blue Iguana.

Tanya
12-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Alan and Robert,

Looks like so far it will just be the three of us (hopefully more too), I am sort of ...."involved" with the exhibit. Would you like a special tour by a Docent? Shall I see who is available? The tour can be as long or short as you please.

Tanya

MenacingTourist
12-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Special tours for "special" people :)

Robert Hall
12-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Of course!

Tanya
12-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Cool, I'll see if the Project Director is avail, he is a photog and technicaly savvy. Plus, just a gosh darn "Good Guy". If he's not avail we'll see who is.....
Tanya

Tanya
12-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Hi all,

We are all set for a very special tour by Kent Miles - Center for Documentary Photography Project Director (book- Streaked with Light and Shadow, among other projects).

He thought we may want to come on Thurs. the 8th INSTEAD because the ASMP will be at Leonardo (he wont be there for that). I told him I would ask but we would probably rather go Friday with him.
Tanya

If I don't hear back I'll see you:
FRi.Dec.9th 7 pm at Leonardo
Dinner TBD

Robert Hall
12-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Friday is the day, and thanks. Tell Kent we will look forward to it and thank him for his time.

Tanya
12-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Will do and bring anyone else you think might be interested!!
see you then,
Tanya
ps-snowed downtown

Michael Slade
12-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Don't tempt me...I just may have to show up!

Robert, I'm buying dinner this time. :)

Tanya
12-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Michael,

Yes, Please Come... "The more the merrier"-Alan

Tanya

Michael Slade
12-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Spouses invited? She's *definitely* an analog photographer. ;)

Tanya
12-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Spouses are okay with me. Interestingly enough, if it weren't for Salgado's wife lending him a camera AND continuing to be his Agent, preparator,PR person, who knows where he would be now.

MenacingTourist
12-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Glad spouses are invited because I already invited mine!
I'll try and put the pressure on Michael tomorrow when I go over to his place to burn Cyanotypes :)

Michael Slade
12-06-2005, 08:49 AM
I think I already have her convinced that she should go. I approached it with the idea of going on a 'date'. Ironically she accepted.

Then when I told her we'd be getting a personal guided tour by the curator of the exhibit she got very excited. THEN when I told her that there *JUST MIGHT* be a few other people there, I saw that look in her eyes that she realized she'd just been suckered a bit.

She's still excited to go though, and I'm sure she'd be glad to know she's not the only spouse.

Speaking of printing Cyanotypes tonight, anyone else local that wants to come over and have some pizza around dinner-ish time is welcome to come over.

Call first for directions: 254-6648

Oh, bring your own trays if you have them. The only trays I have out and cleaned up right now are 11x14 (2 of them) and 16x20 (2 of them also), for printing VDB's. I think I remember cyanotypes wanted to have their own trays.

Robert Hall
12-06-2005, 09:52 AM
I would like to come, I have a small thing this eveining, I just dont know how long it will take. I will call if I get out of it soon.

Glad you will come along Friday.

Anyone is invited!

Michael Slade
12-06-2005, 09:56 PM
I would like to come, I have a small thing this eveining, I just dont know how long it will take. I will call if I get out of it soon.

Glad you will come along Friday.

Anyone is invited!

Ok, it's 8:55...there's still a little pizza left...we're making Cyanotypes like mad!!!

Come on over if a little snow hasn't scared you off. Hehe.

Hope everything is alright there...we have about 2 inches here in Riverton.

:)