PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 2 May 2006

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

magic823
12-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Sign me up. My round 1 Kallitypes go out this afternoon.

Steve Allen

CarlRadford
12-08-2005, 12:52 PM
When we get to 3 or 4 hopefully we'll've improved - or at least some of us - or even trying different processess:)

All the best, Carl

Carl,
that will work right now, but from experience with the generic group print exchange, once you hit rounds 3 & 4 it is just not possible anymore.

Aggie
12-08-2005, 12:52 PM
I found a stack of old fabriano paper. I want to reprint my VDB on it and see if I can get a better image resolution. the talk of acid paper made me wonder if that is my main problem. I did post the image last night in the experimental gallery that I am working on. With me being the only schlocky one in a group of all experts, the pressure is really on me to do better.

David A. Goldfarb
12-08-2005, 12:55 PM
My single ply Strathmore 500 plate arrived. I'll probably print round 1 and round 2 at the same time, like I did the last two rounds of postcards.

Kerik
12-08-2005, 01:04 PM
I found a stack of old fabriano paper. Which Fabriano is it? If it's Uno, it's likely to be quite alkaline and needs to be acid treated to work well. (At least that's true for pt/pd printing.)

MenacingTourist
12-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I'd like to join again. This is great motivation to complete goals and I'm learning a ton!

CarlRadford
12-08-2005, 01:37 PM
I am sure he just forgot to say...

Package on its way Kerik!

Which Fabriano is it? If it's Uno, it's likely to be quite alkaline and needs to be acid treated to work well. (At least that's true for pt/pd printing.)

CarlRadford
12-08-2005, 01:40 PM
thanks for that - I don't have all the inside info as to who qualifies as an expert!

colrehogan
12-08-2005, 01:44 PM
I would like to do this again too. I hope to be getting my round 1 prints done between now and the end of this year.

CarlRadford
12-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Do people never learn - or are they always learning...

Aggie
12-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Which Fabriano is it? If it's Uno, it's likely to be quite alkaline and needs to be acid treated to work well. (At least that's true for pt/pd printing.)

Its the hot press stuff that Frabriano discontinued a few years back. I know it worked very well orginally for my vandykes. What I'm using now is the stuff from Bostick and Sullivan that Mateo uses. So I have no idea about the acid content. It comes in 22x29 inch sheets.

Nige
12-08-2005, 04:26 PM
what's the entry requirements? Are people willing to accept a 4x5 cyanotype in exchange for their masterpieces?

Jim Moore
12-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Count me it too ;)

Thanks,
Jim

photomc
12-08-2005, 06:00 PM
what's the entry requirements? Are people willing to accept a 4x5 cyanotype in exchange for their masterpieces?

AFAIK they are fine Nige...would love to see some of your work in alt. process. Can not speak for anyone else, but find the 4x5 - 5x7 size perfect for this, last one I sent out was 5x7 ziatype, the next may be plt or pld toned VDB in either 4x5 or 5x7.

Aggie, I have some of the Fabriano Artistico that I picked up (it was labeled as Fabriano Uno but the watermark shows artistico, sigh) and had very little luck with it with VDB....then talked with Jeremy and he said it probably needed an acid bath. So will treat some and give it another try.

Nige
12-08-2005, 06:04 PM
AFAIK they are fine Nige...would love to see some of your work in alt. process. Can not speak for anyone else, but find the 4x5 - 5x7 size perfect for this, last one I sent out was 5x7 ziatype, the next may be plt or pld toned VDB in either 4x5 or 5x7.

Ok, I'm in!

CarlRadford
12-09-2005, 02:49 AM
To date:

Carl Radford
John Brewer
Art
Ole
Joe Lipka
Mike C
David A. Goldfarb
Christian Nze
Don Bryant
Randy
Jim Gali
Aggie
Jeremy Moore
Mark
Matt Miller
Gerhard
Steve Allen
Menacing Tourist
Diane
Jim Moore
Nige
Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager
12-09-2005, 03:10 AM
I'm in also please-BUT-I have recieved ZIP from my last group. Anyone listening?
Peter

CarlRadford
12-09-2005, 03:26 AM
Peter, I have recieved 3 prints but was in two groups! We did Say into mid-Decemeber so we've a while to go and people are talking about when they will have prints out in the round one thread. I hope we get a 100% exchanges but appreciate there may be reasons why people are late - especially at this time of year - in hindsight one to avoid in the future maybe. The only sanction for any that do not exchange is to preclude them from participation in the future but I am not sure what the APUG guidelines are - one of the moderators might be able to answer that - but as I've said there is time yet and I believe we are a good lot :)

All the best, Carl

I'm in also please-BUT-I have recieved ZIP from my last group. Anyone listening?
Peter

David A. Goldfarb
12-09-2005, 07:55 AM
The APUG guidelines are pretty silent on the issue of non-exchangers. It's up to the organizers to pay attention and to weed out the repeat offenders.

Personally, I don't keep track of who didn't send me a print. I send mine out (not always on schedule, but eventually they do make it out), and I seem to get a good number back, but I don't take it personally or get too bent out of shape if someone doesn't reciprocate. Such is life.

nze
12-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Hello Peter

I ship your print today with the 2 others for Ole and John. I also receive the John's gum print ,and you may receive your soon.

Peter