PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 2 May 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

CarlRadford
12-11-2005, 04:40 AM
you've been added to the list - plenty of time for experimenting:)

If there is any space left I would like to join in round 2 .

If accepted I will submit some of my cyanotypes that I have just started with (Thanks to John_Brewer)

Status = NOVICE

Phill

MenacingTourist
12-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Novice but willing to change.

CarlRadford
12-12-2005, 04:20 PM
To date:

N - Novice I - Intermediate E - Expert

Carl Radford - N
John Brewer - N
Art - N
Ole - N
Joe Lipka - E
Mike C - N
David A. Goldfarb - N
Christian Nze - E
Don Bryant - E
Randy - N
Jim Gali
Aggie - I
Jeremy Moore - N
Mark
Matt Miller - N
Gerhard - E (sometimes )
Steve Allen - I
Menacing Tourist - N
Diane
Jim Moore - N
Nige - N
Peter Schrager
Phil Dresser - N
Allen Friday - I to E
Michael Slade - N

donbga
12-12-2005, 06:12 PM
To date:

N - Novice I - Intermediate E - Expert

Carl Radford - N
John Brewer - N
Art - N
Ole - N
Joe Lipka - E
Mike C - N
David A. Goldfarb - N
Christian Nze - E
Don Bryant
Randy - N
Jim Gali
Aggie - I
Jeremy Moore - N
Mark
Matt Miller - N
Gerhard - E (sometimes )
Steve Allen - I
Menacing Tourist - N
Diane
Jim Moore - N
Nige
Peter Schrager
Phil Dresser - N

Sorry, I didn't realize I needed to make a response but I consider myself an expert since I've been doing alt processes for a good while and feel compotent in several processes.

Don

mark
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
What is the deal with the rankings?

David A. Goldfarb
12-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Some people have asked that each group have a mix of beginners and advanced alt-process printers, so individuals are ranking themselves to aid the organizers in forming the groups, so the beginners can learn from the advanced printers, and the advanced printers won't accidentally all get clumped in the same group.

Nige
12-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Nige

NOVICE!!!

Allen Friday
12-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I am back from my travels and just found this thread.

Count me in for round two.

As for status, I am probalbly Intermediate, possibly "E". You'll have to ask the people who received images to find out for certain.

Love to do another exchange.

Allen Friday

Michael Slade
12-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm a novice too.

I'm calling BULL on Matt! :D His print is beautiful. I showed it to my wife and we're going to mat and frame it.

I'm printing my VDB's today and will mail them out hopefully before Friday. Hopefully they'll suffice...the two examples I recieved, from Matt and Steve are very nice.

Count me in for round two. I'm a novice.

Aggie
12-13-2005, 01:58 PM

As for status, I am probalbly Intermediate, possibly "E". You'll have to ask the people who received images to find out for certain.

Allen Friday

Definately an expert! wow

Joe Lipka
12-13-2005, 02:44 PM

Allen Friday

Give the man an "E". A very fine image and printing too.

gbock
12-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Give the man an "E". A very fine image and printing too.

My sentiments exactly. A stunning image. Allen just told me in a PM how he did it. Wow...

Gerhard

mark
12-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Some people have asked that each group have a mix of beginners and advanced alt-process printers, so individuals are ranking themselves to aid the organizers in forming the groups, so the beginners can learn from the advanced printers, and the advanced printers won't accidentally all get clumped in the same group.

Oh, Okay
Definately Novice

Allen Friday
12-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Gerhard contacted me regarding the photgraph I sent fro round one of the exchange. He convinced me to overcome my reluctance to scan my platinum work.

I posted 5 images from my series "Sculptural Bodies" in the gallery. #4 was the one I sent out to group 5 of the exchange.

Allen

gbock
12-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Allen,

Thank you for posting these. I find your "Sculptural Bodies" series endlessly fascinating - it's a body of work unlike anything I've seen. Maybe you should describe how you achieve this look. There's quite a bit of work involved manipulating the negative.

Gerhard

Aggie
12-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Allen,

Thank you for posting these. I find your "Sculptural Bodies" series endlessly fascinating - it's a body of work unlike anything I've seen. Maybe you should describe how you achieve this look. There's quite a bit of work involved manipulating the negative.

Gerhard

Sometimes you get so busy you need a Gerhardt to shake you out of your stupor. PM incoming Allen.

Travis Nunn
12-17-2005, 03:21 PM
May should give me enough time to get some bromoils together. Count me in as a novice.

Ray Bidegain
12-17-2005, 04:04 PM
If it is not too late I would like to be a part of the next round. My good friend Gerhard Bock mentioned it to me and it sounds like fun.

Ray Bidegain

donbga
12-17-2005, 04:10 PM
If it is not too late I would like to be a part of the next round. My good friend Gerhard Bock mentioned it to me and it sounds like fun.

Ray Bidegain
Ray is definitely in the expert category, I've seen his work first hand and it is very good.

Don Bryant

wbryant
12-17-2005, 04:17 PM
do 4x5 AZO contact prints count in this exchange??