PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 2 May 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

CarlRadford
03-01-2006, 01:04 PM
If I'm not too late I'd like to get in on this...my category would be novice.

You're in Buggy - over to Don for the groups!

Carl

buggy
03-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks Carl, I thought I was 2 minutes too late. :)

CarlRadford
03-01-2006, 01:42 PM
N - Novice I - Intermediate E - Expert ? - Undeclared (or nominated)

Carl Radford - N -
John Brewer - N - x2
Art - N
Ole - N
Joe Lipka - E
David A. Goldfarb - N
Christian Nze - E
Don Bryant - E
Randy - N
Jim Gali - ?
Aggie - I
Jeremy Moore - N x2
Mark - N
Matt Miller - N
Gerhard - E (sometimes )
Steve Allen - I
Menacing Tourist - N
Diane - I
Jim Moore - N
Nige - N
Peter Schrager - I
Phil Dresser - N
Allen Friday - I to E
Michael Slade - N
Travis Nunn - N
Ray Bidegain - E
Wbryant - N
Shinnya (Tsuyosh) - I
Eric Jones - N
Gary Samson - ?
Mark Fisher - N
Toddstew - ?
Gustavo Castilla - ?
TheFlyingCameraMan - N
Royre - I
marko_trebusak - N
Jim Collum - E
Buggy - N

Don will sort out the groups - thanks to all for joining in!

All the best, Carl

donbga
03-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Okay here are the names and the groups. 10 groups with 4 members each. Happy printing everyone.

Don Bryant

Group 1
Joe Lipka
Art
Jeremy Moore
Wbryant

Group 2
Allen Friday
Gary Samson
Menacing Tourist
Steve Allen

Group 3
Christian Nze
Gustavo Castilla
Carl Radford
Aggie

Group 4
Gerhard
Eric Jones
Toddstew
Phil Dresser

Group 5
Jim Collum
John Brewer
TheFlyingCameraMan
Carl Radford

Group 6
Ray Bidegain
David A. Goldfarb
Randy
John Brewer

Group 7
Diane
buggy
Ole
Mark Fisher

Group 8
Peter Schrager
Mark
Michael Slade
marko_trebusak

Group 9
Royre
Jim Gali
Nige
Travis Nunn

Group 10
Don Bryant
Matt Miller
Shinnya
Jim Moore

CarlRadford
03-03-2006, 02:46 AM
Hi All

Just trawled through this and can't find a target date for prints to be delivered. Can we way the end of April or would people prefer the end of May? Everyone has known for a while so I think the end of April is reasonable but appreciate people are busy!

All the best, Carl

nze
03-03-2006, 03:01 AM
End of April is ok for me.

colrehogan
03-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Can you put the apug username along with the person's name (have one of them in parentheses) above now and in the future? It would make it easier for people to send pm's when the list comes out.

gr82bart
03-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Just trawled through this and can't find a target date for prints to be delivered.The idea was to set the set the date in May so that people were going to the APUG Conference can exchange in person. I don't think the groups were put together with this in mind. Oh well, next time. I just thought it would have made for a neat way to see prints in person and talk about them too in person. Plus it promotes the conference, which will be a good one!

Here's the original thought in the very first page of threads:

Hey Carl? I have an idea...how about making the exchange deadline in May? That way, those that are attending the APUG Conference in May can exchange prints face to face!That's what we have incorporated in the blind exchange.

Regards, Art.

Shinnya
03-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Hi,

So the rule is to make 3 identical prints and send them to people in the group? Do they have to be identical print (within reason) or three different prints?

I am fine with April or May either way.

Thanks.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

donbga
03-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Can you put the apug username along with the person's name (have one of them in parentheses) above now and in the future? It would make it easier for people to send pm's when the list comes out.

Diane,

AFAIK, the names listed are the APUG user names, although after reviewing the list I do see that there may be some that are not. In your group's case I know that ole and buggy are the APUG user names. If you review the exchange message thread you should be able to verify Mark Fisher's APUG id.

If you can't determine what is then post a message in this thread asking Mark Fisher to let you know what it is.

Don Bryant

donbga
03-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi,

So the rule is to make 3 identical prints and send them to people in the group? Do they have to be identical print (within reason) or three different prints?

Thanks.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

Tsuyoshi,

Generally people make three prints of the same image of the same process but that's not written in stone. It's really your choice. In my case it's more efficient to do this.

Don Bryant

donbga
03-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi All

Just trawled through this and can't find a target date for prints to be delivered. Can we way the end of April or would people prefer the end of May? Everyone has known for a while so I think the end of April is reasonable but appreciate people are busty!

All the best, Carl
Carl,

Busty and busy :). Can we start a new thread for this round? This one is getting very long and somewhat difficult to follow.

Don Bryant

Shinnya
03-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Don,

Is there a size limitation? Or it is up to me agian.

Thanks.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

donbga
03-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Don,

Is there a size limitation? Or it is up to me agian.

Thanks.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

Since you are paying the freight, size is up to you.

Don

CarlRadford
03-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Carl,

Busty and busy :). Can we start a new thread for this round? This one is getting very long and somewhat difficult to follow.

Don Bryant

Made a t*t of myself with that slip! Not sure where the confusion is? People might get more confused and start posting to two threads if we're not careful. Whats the rationale for the new thread Don?

I'd suggest we make it the end of May then to allow people to take images to the conference. If you are not exchanging at the conference could we try to make it as early as possible?!

All the best, Carl

CarlRadford
03-03-2006, 12:28 PM
For the 3rd round - when it happens we'll make the 1st post the one with the guidlines of whats included and how it happens and set the cut-off date and exchange by date - that should tighten things up. People might've had enough by then but we seem to have doubled in number for this round :)

CarlRadford
03-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Hi,

Thanks.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

Hi Tsuyoshi,

I think it would help to make identical prints so that it may allow discussion between groups and all from the exchange if people would try and post a copy of the images they exchanged. That said, it is up to you!

All the best, Carl

Michael Slade
03-10-2006, 12:42 PM
My prints are already made...much earlier this time (apologies to the group I was in before...).

gr82bart
03-18-2006, 06:07 AM
Group 1
Joe Lipka
Art
Jeremy Moore
WbryantI just saw this! Sorry. I will PMingyou guys my mail addy. Look forward to seeing your prints.

Regards, Art.

ErinHilburn
03-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Darn I missed it let me know when the next one comes around Its something I would be interested in doing :) Maybe by then I'll know more techniques.