PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 2 May 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

CarlRadford
12-08-2005, 03:11 AM
So folks - are there any takers for round 2 of an alt print exchange? Many have sent there images for round 1 - some are still working away - but I have recieved some great prints and hope to have improved by the next round. Same format as round 1!

All the best, Carl

John_Brewer
12-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Count me in Carl :)

gr82bart
12-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Hey Carl? I have an idea...how about making the exchange deadline in May? That way, those tat are attending the APUG Conference in May can exchange prints face to face!

Just a thought...

Regards, Art (Either way, I'm in again)

Ole
12-08-2005, 07:24 AM
I'm in again.

Oh - and I've "stickified" the thread.

Joe Lipka
12-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Add my name to the list. May is also a better time, too.

photomc
12-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Sure count me in...

Oh - and I've "stickified" the thread.

So that's what was on my screen... :)

David A. Goldfarb
12-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Hey, I'm not done with round 1 yet! Well, if I can get my round 1 prints out in the next 2 weeks, I'll jump in on round 2.

nze
12-08-2005, 09:19 AM
I will finally print my rounf 1 this evening and I am in for the round 2

donbga
12-08-2005, 09:54 AM
So folks - are there any takers for round 2 of an alt print exchange? Many have sent there images for round 1 - some are still working away - but I have recieved some great prints and hope to have improved by the next round. Same format as round 1!

All the best, Carl
Okay I'm on for round two. I do suggest that we try to distribute the expert printers more evenly, for example I didn't unsderstand why Gerhard Bock and Joe Lipka were lumped into the same group. Part of the purpose of this exchange was to expose the neophytes to output from good alt printers.

May will be fine with me. I think I'll be doing gum over palladium or kallitype for the next round.

Don Bryant

reellis67
12-08-2005, 10:06 AM
My round 1 prints are done, I just haven't gotten them to the post office yet. I would be interested in round two.

- Randy

photomc
12-08-2005, 10:21 AM
.... Part of the purpose of this exchange was to expose the neophytes to output from good alt printers.

May will be fine with me. I think I'll be doing gum over palladium or kallitype for the next round.

Don Bryant

Agree with Don, thought we were very fortunate to have so many excellent printers participate (in other words I was blown away). Just a thought, set up x number of groups by the expert printers that elect round 2, then put the rest of our names in a hat and draw the groups. Who would determine who is an expert? My guess is that Don, Gerhard, Joe, Mateo, and others could help with that.

jimgalli
12-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Count me in. Hurry, before the folks see what I sent in R1!

mark
12-08-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm in. Finally got a neg for round one and will be printing soon.

Aggie
12-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Count me in, I'm having as much fun as the postcard exchange. Some here know how addicted I became to that.

matt miller
12-08-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm in for round 2.

Jeremy
12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
My prints are done for round 1, but a freak snow/ice/sleet/hail storm here in D/FW kept me from heading to the post office yesterday. Will mail out today! So definitely keep me in for round 2.

CarlRadford
12-08-2005, 12:30 PM
To date:

Carl Radford
John Brewer
Art
Ole
Joe Lipka
Mike C
David A. Goldfarb
Christian Nze
Don Bryant
Randy
Jim Gali
Aggie
Jeremy Moore
Mark
Matt Miller
Gerhard
Steve Allen
Menacing Tourist
Diane

CarlRadford
12-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Agreed it is a good idea to spread the "experts" and hopefully someone will take on that role when it comes time to make up groups. Please don't shy away from the task - as I am sure some will say that it is hard to judge who the experts are without seeing the work - but I am sure someone will stand up and be counted? The other suggestion I have is to try and ensure that, as far as possible, we try and ensure that no-one in round two is in the same group as anyone they were in round one with?

Ole - thanks for making me sticky - I think......

Carl

gbock
12-08-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm in as well. It was great to see the work produced by other APUGers. This may be the nudge I need to try another process...

Gerhard

Jeremy
12-08-2005, 01:18 PM
The other suggestion I have is to try and ensure that, as far as possible, we try and ensure that no-one in round two is in the same group as anyone they were in round one with?l

Carl,
that will work right now, but from experience with the generic group print exchange, once you hit rounds 3 & 4 it is just not possible anymore.