PDA

View Full Version : OK! How About We Meet In Person!!

mtbbrian
01-08-2006, 07:55 PM
There seems to be enough of us in the SLC/Ogden area that we could do this in person. What do you say! Get together once a month and talk about photography and critique one anthers work. Talk about the challenges we face as a photographers/artists.

Discuss!

Brian

Quinn
01-08-2006, 07:58 PM
There seems to be enough of us in the SLC/Ogden area that we could do this in person. What do you say! Get together once a month and talk about photography and critique one anthers work. Talk about the challenges we face as a photographers/artists.

Discuss!

Brian

I'm game. Let's arrange a time and place - first question is where?

David Brown
01-08-2006, 10:29 PM

Absolutely! There are groups of apuggers in several locations like this.

Here in North Texas, there are about 7 (or so) of us that are regular participants and contributors to the site. We don’t get together on a set basis, but we have gotten together several times in various combinations, almost always to shoot pictures, plus the usual high level of BS. :p A couple of times we’ve met up with one another to go to an exhibition.

The most we’ve ever had in one outing was 5, actually 6 with one other member from Austin (3 hours away). We all live as much as an hour apart from each other, so just meeting for social things has not happened. But, it can be done.

The interesting thing is that there must be 2 dozen or more APUG members in the area, but many are not that active, or used to be and aren’t anymore. :(

Anyway, SLC/Ogden is a great area and by all means, take the initiative and get the group together. It is really worthwhile to get together with “like minded individuals” and talk shop. Down here, we all learn from each other every time.

Cheers, and good luck!

David

MenacingTourist
01-08-2006, 11:15 PM
I love the idea as well. So far I've met Michael Slade, Robert Hall and Tanya. The Salt Lake area would probably be a good place to meet and makes a nice middle ground between Utah county and Ogden.

Hopefully we get more to this thread on Monday.

mtbbrian
01-09-2006, 12:15 PM
I hope we get more response to this!
Come On Utah APUGers!!
I know you are out there!
Brian

MenacingTourist
01-09-2006, 12:28 PM
The regional forums are really burried. Maybe this thread should be moved to the main part of the site.

mtbbrian
01-09-2006, 12:50 PM
The regional forums are really burried. Maybe this thread should be moved to the main part of the site.

How do we do that?

Curtis Nelson
02-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Count me in. Let me know when something is organized.