PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

Derek Lofgreen
03-31-2006, 11:50 AM
My wife say's I need to get one of these http://ww2.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=schi1%7Cp2%7Cwphoto&pkey=sa1s00photo&gids=p6894 for all these postcards I've been getting.

kwmullet
03-31-2006, 12:02 PM
My wife say's I need to get one of these http://ww2.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=schi1%7Cp2%7Cwphoto&pkey=sa1s00photo&gids=p6894 for all these postcards I've been getting.

Oh my gawd! THat's perfect! I'd be tempted to put a box of cotton gloves near it so people don't grub up the postcards, though.

-KwM-

reellis67
03-31-2006, 01:18 PM
I sent mine out over the last two days. I needed to get to the post office to get International postcard stamps or they would have gone out sooner. Thanks to all who have sent theirs already, there has been quite a nice variety of really interesting cards this time.

- Randy

reellis67
03-31-2006, 01:19 PM

Alright, now that is cool! Too bad it's so expensive...

- Randy

Rob Skeoch
03-31-2006, 03:52 PM
I've posted all of mine today... I hope you enjoy them..... and thanks for the great photos.
-Rob Skeoch
bigcameraworkshops.com

glbeas
03-31-2006, 07:37 PM
I got home from work and found four postcards in it! What a nice thing for my birthday! That and I got to bring my wife home from the hospital after her surgery. Thanks Randy, Ben, Nige, and Bastiaan.

BWGirl
03-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, I've finally got all mine off in the post yesterday! Phew!!! ;)

I love the postcards I've gotten so far! That sheep one is a hoot! :D Thanks all!

toddstew
03-31-2006, 10:02 PM
There's another thread going about being a deadbeat, and I don't want that label because I really enjoy this. I have been busy trying to get licensed as an elementary school teacher, but I have the cards done. I am going to send them out early next week. I have really enjoyed the cads I have received so far. Mine are on the way, and a thousand pardons for being late this round.
Todd

BWKate
04-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Just got back from my trip to Vegas and managed to come very close to missing my connecting flight out of L.A. Thank goodness I made it home. Came back to 5 more beautiful postcards!
I received from Bastiaan, Nige, Paul, Dave Miller, and Ben Taylor. All beautifully printed and what a variety! Simply fabulous.

Paul:Love your subject matter and the image. I have an Hie shot of a whole row of broken VW's.
All strong and stunning images. Thanks so much.

Nige
04-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Todd, I don't think your really late.. just a fraction I guess, but by keeping us informed, all is well :)

mikeg
04-01-2006, 06:42 AM
Mine are printed, addressed and labelled. I've just brought the stamps so I shall spend half an hour later today licking 35 stamps -- yuk! I'll post them first thing on Monday.

Cheers

Mike

Nige
04-01-2006, 07:00 AM
I wet my stamps and 'air mail' stickers by wetting a sponge and putting them on it.

mikeg
04-01-2006, 07:11 AM
I'm thinking of taking the dog out for a long walk and then when she's hot and panting like mad ... !!

So, if there's a few grey hairs sticking out from under the stamps you'll know why!!

komet
04-01-2006, 08:50 AM
I still have about 8 cards to print and send out; I should be able to finish them this weekend. Sorry for being so late.

Shmoo
04-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I think that stamp adhesives are the postal service's way of having a little fun with us. The self-adhesive ones always come off the paper backing and stick to everything. The gluey ones are meant to taste like cough syrup and rancid cooking oil!!!

I got Paul, Ben, and Nige's postcards this week. Sometimes it's better to receive...

:)

jimgalli
04-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Mine are finally all mailed Thursday last. USA folks may have them today. I did 5X8's so they cost a little more to send but hope you all like. The ones that must cross borders will take a week or 10 days I suppose. AND the ones that others have sent are truly wonderful!! Thank you all!

komet
04-01-2006, 06:22 PM
A few of the postcards arrived with an fluorescent orange bar code on the emulsion side which was annoying the hell out of me. I found that gently rubbing over the bar code with a Q-tip soaked in 40% vodka removes the orange dye with no damage to the emulsion. (Yes, I did first try it on my own test paper...) Just letting you all know, even though I don't recommend anyone do the same.

Haven't tried it on FB paper, only the RC postcard stock. And I'm unsure whether the barcode comes from the Swiss post office or the USPS.

anthony

BWGirl
04-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Seems kinda like a waste of vodka! ;) hahahaha :D

kwmullet
04-01-2006, 09:18 PM
A few of the postcards arrived with an fluorescent orange bar code on the emulsion side which was annoying the hell out of me. I found that gently rubbing over the bar code with a Q-tip soaked in 40% vodka removes the orange dye with no damage to the emulsion. (Yes, I did first try it on my own test paper...) Just letting you all know, even though I don't recommend anyone do the same.

Haven't tried it on FB paper, only the RC postcard stock. And I'm unsure whether the barcode comes from the Swiss post office or the USPS.

anthony

then again, some of us think one of the appeals of the postcard exchange is that we labor over these little gems, then send them off into the postal wilderness for the Forces That Be to do with as they will and add extra charm and physically interesting analog features to the cards, then we can get all neurotic over preserving the ones we receive, minimizing their contact with human hands, etc.

-KwM-

Shmoo
04-02-2006, 12:31 AM

anthony

I wonder if this would work if you drank the vodka first then licked the postcards????

:)