PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

BWGirl
04-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I wonder if this would work if you drank the vodka first then licked the postcards????

:)
:D :D

blackmelas
04-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Mine are finally all mailed Thursday last. USA folks may have them today. I did 5X8's so they cost a little more to send but hope you all like. The ones that must cross borders will take a week or 10 days I suppose. AND the ones that others have sent are truly wonderful!! Thank you all!

I was hoping you'd send 8x72in contact printed postcards... next time...;)

komet
04-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Finally finished printing all my postcards, which you should all be getting very soon. I am now determined to get a print washer. Washing that many prints by hand (trays, 10 changes of water) got tedious in a hurry.

Just noticed that one of the stamps I got from the post office is by Magnum photographer René Burri, so at least you are guaranteed a decent photo on one side of the card!

Dave Miller
04-03-2006, 03:38 PM
I've had a few more cards turn up, so thanks to:
Jeanette, Kate, and Paul. More works of art gratefully received.

David A. Goldfarb
04-03-2006, 08:55 PM
I had five in my mailbox today, but as a trombone player, I particularly enjoyed Bill Bresler's.

BWKate
04-03-2006, 10:14 PM
I received Rob Skeoch's beautiful study of a fence post. Nicely done, Rob! How did you make an image from 8 x10 so small!

simulatordan
04-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Hello All,

Three postcards arrived yesterday; Bastian's, Paul's, and Jeanette's. All fantastic I looking forward to a lot more. Thanks everyone.

Regards Daniel

Shmoo
04-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I received Rob Skeoch's beautiful study of a fence post. Nicely done, Rob! How did you make an image from 8 x10 so small!

Must have used an "unlarger" lol

BWGirl
04-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Must have used an "unlarger" lol

OMG.... :rolleyes: hahahaha

gr82bart
04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks very much to Randy, Peter, Jeanette, Jim and James for their recent arrivals. Again, another great mix of pics.

Keep'em coming folks!

I have just licked my last stamp and will be mailing out my batch tomorrow. I'll be adding some colour to this duotone collection so far! LMAO

Regards, Art.

BWKate
04-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Just received Jeanette's gorgeous B&W still life of a coronet! I't's a big hit in my household. Thanks from one B&W to another!

Rob Skeoch
04-05-2006, 09:25 AM
I did use an unlarger. I replaced the 240mm enlarger lens with a 150 and the image just fit with max bellows extension. Because of the huge bellows length the 150 lens was able to cover the 8xi10 nag size.
-Rob Skeoch

Troy
04-05-2006, 12:20 PM
OK, I've got to come clean. I just mailed my cards today. I apologize to everyone who followed the rules. It's just that I've been so distracted by all the great cards that keep coming in the mail. I've been too mesmerized to get anything done! Some wonderful pictures have been appearing in my POB. Thanks everyone!

David A. Goldfarb
04-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Sorry I'm running late folks, but they'll get out eventually.

BWGirl
04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Just received Jeanette's gorgeous B&W still life of a coronet! I't's a big hit in my household. Thanks from one B&W to another!
Glad it hit such a happy 'note'! :D

SteveH
04-05-2006, 05:51 PM
All,
My postcard stock arrived yesterday (que Angels singing). I just completed a 6 hour run in the darkroom, but I have them all completed. I will mail them out tomorrow, so hopefully they should start to arrive by the end of next week.
Im really impressed with all of the ones I have gotten thus far. Its been like Christmas here for the last month or so. Even the mailman commented on how I was getting all of these excellent photos in the mail (so if one goes 'missing', I know where it went to :D ).
A question - how do you get a nice white border around the edges - I suppose with a contact frame made for this sort of thing ? I tried to make a mask with a piece of glass and gaffer's tape to contact print from a 4x5 neg - but it looked like crap....So I printed through the (un)enlarger instead.

Cheers !

simulatordan
04-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Hello All,

Another four great Postcards arrived today, Peter's, Randy's, leeturner's, and mikeg's. I's starting to amass quite a collection, keep them coming. Thanks to everyone.

Regards Daniel

Ben Taylor
04-06-2006, 03:51 PM
I've had a small stack of postcards in the last couple of weeks - there are some really fantastic prints here.

Not only did I enjoy having an excuse to get into my darkroom and get printing, but I'm loving winding down after a stressful day with the postcards others have sent me, thank you every one!

BWKate
04-06-2006, 05:42 PM
I agree with you Ben. This round has been stellar! Received 2 more today from Peter and Randy. Thanks a bunch!

toddstew
04-06-2006, 09:34 PM
I've received nothing but great postcards this round...but have yet to reciprocate. Here's my pledge: I've got them printed, and tomorrow they go out. I promise!
Todd