PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

BWKate
04-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Went to the mailbox again today because it was yesterday's post I picked up earlier. 4 more great postcards! Thanks to mikeg: nice shot of old Georgian architecture, Jim: an amazing LARGE print of the new series you are working on (great!),Lee Turner: lovely image of a large knot on a canal barge,great texture, and Bill Bresler's great image of a trombone player! Thanks!

simulatordan
04-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Hello All

There coming in thick and fast now. Thanks to Jim, Rob, And Bill for three great and very different images. Every single postcard received so far has been tremendous. Still a stack to look forward to.

Regards Daniel

gr82bart
04-08-2006, 06:54 PM
4 more fantastic postcards from Bob, Lee, Ray and Mike.

Even though there's not nearly the level of variety and diversity of formats as the last round, I am enjoying the images very much this round. Very beautifully captured. Much thanks to everyone so far.

Regards, Art.

mikeg
04-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Even though there's not nearly the level of variety and diversity of formats as the last round, I am enjoying the images very much this round. Very beautifully captured. Much thanks to everyone so far.

Regards, Art.

Hi Art,

I must admit I've been very busy at home and work this month, so I've kept it simple with 35 cards to produce. I managed to do all 35 in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours by using a short exposure of about 6 seconds followed by 1/3rd stop burning in of the bottom half of the print. I printed them all in one go and then developed them in batches of 4. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to tone them.

Was anyone daunted by the large number of prints to produce this time? I suspect that's one of the main reasons why we haven't seen the variety of types. I can't imagine how difficult and time consuming it would be to produce 35 Van Dykes or that Polaroid transfer that you did for us at Christmas Art?

Cheers

Mike

gr82bart
04-09-2006, 06:16 AM
I can't imagine how difficult and time consuming it would be to produce 35 Van Dykes or that Polaroid transfer that you did for us at Christmas Art?Yeah, 35 postcards is a lot! My saturation level was around 20 for the transfers. It was definitely a production line the last time. I went a little easy on myself this time - you'll see soon hopefully!

I think the popularity of this exchange will only make the list grow and grow. Which is great.

Regards, Art.

Aggie
04-09-2006, 11:30 AM
I think we should seriously think about splitting it into two groups. I know some (me) would like to be in both groups so it will still be a larger sampling. The 35+ we did this time was a bit much.

simulatordan
04-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Hello All,

Thank you to Art - interesting mix of colour and "black and white", blackmelas - I had to really look to see what was going on, and Troy for the late blooms. I've got quite a collection now.

If the group was split into two I'd want to be in both, if possible.

Regards Daniel

BWKate
04-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I received a lovely postcard of late tulip blooms. I'm not sure who's that one is. Someone named Troy perhaps?

gr82bart
04-10-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm always intrigued who gets my postcards first, since I sent them all at the same time.

Regards, Art

BWGirl
04-10-2006, 10:09 PM
I got yours today, Art! :D Very cool perspective!

Derek Lofgreen
04-10-2006, 10:11 PM
I love the tulip one too.

leeturner
04-11-2006, 02:52 AM
Some really lovely cards have arrived in the past week. Louise, my wife, is enjoying this exchange as much as I am.

If the group is split I would also see myself wanting to be in both groups as the time spent producing the prints seems quite insignificant compared to the enjoyment of receiving these little gems.

gr82bart
04-11-2006, 05:02 AM
Despite the fact the next round could hit 50+ particpants, I'd like to be in all groups too.

Regards, Art.

Troy
04-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Yup, Troy shot the tulips. That's me.

Brought them inside and they just kinda flopped that way. I rolled out a sheet of paper on the kitchen table and put a light over them. I made the shot with my Hasselblad and an 80mm lens.

Glad you like 'em. I've REALLY enjoyed going to the post office these last few weeks. Making all the prints is a small price for getting everyone elses.

BWKate
04-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks for clearing up that mystery Troy! Yes, I have to agree with everyone despite the $40.00 for the postage I had to pay for mailing the postcards it was worth it to get all these great little works of art in the mail! And of course I get to share them with anyone who is interested.

Bob F.
04-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Mine finally went in the post box today (I think they dented the bottom when they hit as one clump). Overseas colonies should get them in about a week, UK should get them in about 2 weeks (knowing the Post Office as I do ;) )...

Many thanks for all the excellent work I've received and any still to come.

Cheers, Bob.

P.S. Ever noticed what is missing from UK postage stamps?...

Mick Fagan
04-11-2006, 09:38 PM
I noticed that the UK stamps appear to have no costing on them!

Mick.

Bob F.
04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I noticed that the UK stamps appear to have no costing on them!

Mick.Nope: that's not it... ;)

Mick Fagan
04-12-2006, 12:55 AM
The name, of the issuing country!

Mick.

Bob F.
04-12-2006, 05:12 AM
The name, of the issuing country!

Mick.Give that man a cigar! For reasons lost in the mists of time, the UK is the only country not required to put the country of origin on its stamps intended for overseas use.

Cheers, Bob.