PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 6

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Dave Miller
02-06-2006, 02:11 PM
A shoe box is fine; provided that you’ve big feet. :p

komet
02-06-2006, 04:39 PM
I can tell just from these digital snaps that some of those postcards are very well printed indeed, and I hope those advanced printers will offer me a few words of advice when they receive my mediocre attempt!

Nige
02-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Prior to putting them in the album (which I've only done Round 1) I stored them in a shoe box. I'll have to decide whether to leave the initial ones (before we change to the rounds system) in there or put them in the album as well. Might leave them there so I can fondle them for the complete postcard experience. :)

BWKate
02-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I've bought a special little box for my collection - and my prints/cards are on their way merry way shortly. :)

That's awesome, Nicole,

Looking forward to receiving yours in the mail. Appreciate the effort. This is lots of fun, eh?

BWKate

glbeas
02-12-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm game for a round. I've already got a bunch printed on some Kodabromide postcard stock. I'm curious though, if you have an international paticipant how do you figure the postage to go on it? And whats the going rate for domestic postcards, been a long time since I've seen one in the mail.

BWKate
02-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Gary,

Check the previous postcard thread. (Round # 5) I think there is something about postage prices and a link to a U.S. postal site with prices, etc.

BWKate

kwmullet
02-12-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm game for a round. I've already got a bunch printed on some Kodabromide postcard stock. I'm curious though, if you have an international paticipant how do you figure the postage to go on it? And whats the going rate for domestic postcards, been a long time since I've seen one in the mail.

For postcards sent US to US, a book of postcard stamps should reflect current postage. Some of the rates have recently gone up in the US -- don't know if that includes domestic postcards. When I sent my international postcards, there seemed to be one rate for NAFTA countries (ie Canada and Mexico) and a different rate for each other country. I don't think there's any sane way to stay ahead of the curve on this information except to just take your international postcards in to the post office to mail them when the time comes. This photo geek's opinion.

Of course, many days, my biggest kick is a trip to the post office.

-KwM-

Nige
02-13-2006, 02:14 AM
move to Oz, then your international postcards are all the one price no matter where it's going...

Ailsa
02-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Just a quick note to say that my postcards for Round 5 went into the post today - finally! Do I win the booby prize for being last by a country mile...?
:(

gr82bart
02-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Do I win the booby prize for being last by a country mile...?
:(No, I think Nicole gets that honour! :p

Art.

Ailsa
02-13-2006, 11:36 AM
No, I think Nicole gets that honour! :p

Art.

Good point! I feel better now. :)

gr82bart
02-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Good point! I feel better now. :)I'm sure she she'll send out a stupendously amazing pic that'll stop us dead in our tracks with awe to make up for the tardiness.....no pressure Nicole! ;)

Regards, Art.

Nicole
02-13-2006, 08:33 PM
lol Ailsa you're definitely not the last - I was saving you from the embarrassment. :D
Mine are out TODAY!!! YAY!!! Looking forward to Round 6, I've got a head start on my printing on that one already - you'll be happy to know. :)

Bastiaan
02-14-2006, 09:47 AM
I like to join for this round of the postcard exchange. Nigel, I will PM you my address.

Bastiaan

kwmullet
02-14-2006, 10:16 AM
[...]
Looking forward to Round 6, I've got a head start on my printing on that one already - you'll be happy to know. :)

Hey guys,

Just for planning purposes, how many are you thinking would be a good print run for round six? 15? 20?

-KwM-

BWKate
02-14-2006, 04:44 PM
KwM,

The last round I think there was 21 or 23 and we won't know the definitive number until February is over because that's the sign up month. I think you would be safe to make 25 for right now. ( or 20 )
We have had almost 100% participation from Round #5 with the exception of one member who was not able to fulfill his responsiblities for his own personal reasons.
(we'll leave it at that).

What's great about the exchange is you do get ample time to complete and mail your cards out. So... make some now and be ready to mail them out when you get the mailing list.
BWKate

Nige
02-14-2006, 06:28 PM
we've got a few more this month.... it just may hit 30! I think it's at 26 at the moment with 1 in the wings.

We have had a discussion in the past that once it hits 30 that maybe we should split into two groups. Maybe we should revisit that topic again as we might hit that number next round.

Personally, I'm happy to print as many as join... I just like receiving them too much! :)

Never really thought about it, but at 30 participants, thats 870 cards (assuming all get sent off course) flying around the world!

BWKate
02-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Wow Nige!

We are already at 30! I still want to be in, even at 30 cards. I'm going to start printing soon! I like receiving them too much to stop.

Kate

Nige
02-14-2006, 08:25 PM
not quite 30, but another couple of weeks to go to recruit!

BWKate
02-14-2006, 09:16 PM
There I go again! Jumping the gun. I shall read before I post.
Whatever number it ends up being I will still print lots for any last minute participants.

Thanks for setting me straight , Nige.

BWKate