PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 6

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Nige
02-14-2006, 10:42 PM
There I go again! Jumping the gun. I shall read before I post.don't worry... we all do that!

Whatever number it ends up being I will still print lots for any last minute participants.Not going to be any of them this month... the cutoff date will be enforced this time! :)

Rob Skeoch
02-15-2006, 06:50 PM
What if we added Simon from Ilford to the list....
-Rob Skeoch

SteveH
02-15-2006, 07:51 PM
I think that's a hell of an idea. What's printing one more to send to the man who listened and delivered us the goods ?

Nige
02-15-2006, 10:07 PM
I'll include Simon's address. You can choose to send him one or not (remember some don't use the Ilford stock)

Ben Taylor
02-16-2006, 04:23 AM
I'd love to join in this round if it's not too late (and if you'll have me of course!).

I've been watching discussions or previous rounds and have finally plucked up the courage in my printing skills to think I may be able to join in ;)

I'll go and put in an order for a box of Ilford Postcard stock and I'll PM Nige my address...

Nige
02-16-2006, 07:12 AM
You're in Ben!

BTW everyone, we're up to 31... :)

Ben Taylor
02-16-2006, 07:29 AM
You're in Ben!

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this - this will be the first time I've shared my prints with anyone...

mikeg
02-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this - this will be the first time I've shared my prints with anyone...

You'll love it. It's great fun when the cards start falling through the letter box. In fact, out of all the exchanges this is my favourite. There's such a wide variety of styles and techniques on display. So far, I've seen my first Azo print, my first cyanotype (from a wet collodian plate no less!!), my first carbon print, my first polaroid transfer, my first van dyke and my first palladium print all sent as postcards.

Mike

BWKate
02-16-2006, 08:58 PM

Ben,
The last postcard exchange(#5) was my first time sharing prints with anyone at APUG and it was quite a satisfying and fun experience. You will become addicted to it as I have. Getting the postcards in the mail is delightful.

BWKate

komet
02-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Is it acceptable to put postcard-sized prints in an envelope? I might be printing on single-weight FB (not decided yet). I doubt that would hold up well in the post. There are no special postcard rates where I live, so no extra cost would be involved. Or does anyone feel very strongly about having stamps on the back of the print?

anthony

Nige
02-20-2006, 05:54 PM
that's fine Anthony. Variety is the spice of life!

David A. Goldfarb
02-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Some who print on light paper have drymounted them on 2-ply cardstock.

Ben Taylor
02-21-2006, 04:11 AM
Do people usually print with a border? I imagine a small border might help protect the image area from knocks and bashes in the post.

Post card size is quite a bit smaller than I usually print and I'm trying to make best use of the available space and choose my image to print accordingly...

Nige
02-21-2006, 04:53 AM
I generally print with a border just to make it simple (wack paper in easel, expose, grab another). I usually use a 80mm lens for 35mm negs (and 135mm for 645 negs) to get the enlarger head up out of the way a little bit more.

BTW, where sitting at 32 confirmed participants at the moment, which are...

Aggie
Bastiaan
Ben Taylor
Bill Bresler
Bob F.
BWGirl
BWKate
Dave Miller
David A. Goldfarb
Derek Lofgreen
glbeas
gr82bart
Helen B
Jersey Vic
Jim Moore
jimgalli
Kevin Caulfield
komet
kwmullet
Mick Fagan
mikeg
Nicole Boenig Aeroplane
Nige
Paul Sorensen
Ray Heath
reellis67
Rlibersky
Rob Skeoch
simulatordan
SteveH
toddstew
troy

Peter Schrager
02-21-2006, 05:26 AM
I'd like to join in this round. After seeing the amazing postcards at David Goldfarbs house on Sunday I'd like to do this. Please put me on the list. Is the postcard paper available here yet in the states? If not I'll improvise...
Best, Peter

leeturner
02-21-2006, 06:07 AM
In for a penny... If it's still open I'd like to give it a go.

leeturner
02-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Just a quick question to the 6x6 shooters. Do you ever print square (no I don't mean wearing a cardigan and listening to Val Doonican) or just choose a shot to crop for the paper size?

Nige
02-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Lee & Peter... send your snail mail addy & an email addy to me (nigel@apug.org)

Lee, some print them square and leave a big border at the appropiate ends. The ones that fill the frame by cropping, we'll probably never know :)

Rlibersky
02-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Although I've enjoyed this in the past I will have to decline this round. I'm starting a new job and will be quite busy for awhile. I'll see if I can jump back in next time.

Nige
02-21-2006, 04:16 PM
no probs Randy... maybe next time then!