PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Kevin Caulfield
02-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Mine are out TODAY!!! YAY!!! Looking forward to Round 6, I've got a head start on my printing on that one already - you'll be happy to know. :)

Nicole, I didn't receive yours. It shouldn't take eight days to get from Perth to Melbourne, so it must have got lost in the system.

Kevin Caulfield
02-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Just a quick question to the 6x6 shooters. Do you ever print square (no I don't mean wearing a cardigan and listening to Val Doonican) or just choose a shot to crop for the paper size?

Yes, just print square and centre it. I think it looks good with all the space around it. I have cropped one 6X6 card though.

Nige
02-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Nicole, I didn't receive yours. It shouldn't take eight days to get from Perth to Melbourne, so it must have got lost in the system.

I haven't got it either :(

Nicole
02-22-2006, 12:58 AM
They are all in the post, I hope you enjoy it. :) Give it another day or two.

blackmelas
02-22-2006, 01:17 AM
Is there still room to join in this round Nige?
James

BWKate
02-22-2006, 03:08 AM
James,

That would be great if you joined! I've looked at your images posted and it would so nice to receive any of your images.

BWKate

Nige
02-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Is there still room to join in this round Nige?
James

Hi James,

Certainly is! I have your address but also need an email addy.

Anyone else thinking of joining... you have until the end of the month to send me your snail mail addy, an email address and your APUG name

Cheers, Nige

Buster6X6
02-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi Nige
I would like to join in for the #7( still waiting for my postcard paper) are you organizing next one or someone else?

Thanks in advance Greg

Aggie
02-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Nige add Sharon/shmoo to the list. I'm taking the necessary quipment and paper and making her do a round.

SteveH
02-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Hrmm...My sphincter is beginning to tighten...The first of the month is around the corner, and my camera shop still doesn't have the postcard stock...

Nicole
02-27-2006, 08:32 PM
I couldn't get any postcard stock and had to try and switch papers from Agfa to Ilford which I haven't enjoyed so far and ended up printing on some of my last standard RC Agfa paper and sent those as my postcards. I hope they arrive in good nick.

Bob F.
02-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Hrmm...My sphincter is beginning to tighten...The first of the month is around the corner, and my camera shop still doesn't have the postcard stock...It is available in the UK (I bought some last week) so it should make it to the US any time now if it hasn't already. Anyway, you don't have to use the special postcard stock.

Don't forget folks, it's just a bit of fun - your print may well get bashed about by the various post offices involved: bar-codes printed on it, mechanized sorting machines will get their teeth marks on it etc... All part of the process ;)

Cheers, Bob.

Nige
02-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Greg, they'll be an announcement for round 7 so watch out for that. It's 2mths away and your circumstances might change so probably best to 'sign up' then.

Aggie, get her to PM/Email her address through to me (and an email addy). I'm adding her so she has to participate now.. no backing out!

Steve, you don't have to use that paper (it it convienient though)

I'll post a list in this thread tonight for one last chance to join or back out before we lock it away for the round.

SteveH
02-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Bob,
Thanks for the info. Hopefully it should be here soon (I was jumping the gun abit, as my supplier said the first week of March...but...well...you know....)

Thanks !

Nige
02-28-2006, 05:34 AM
If your (APUG) name appears and it shouldn't, let me know straight away. If it should be here, and doesn't, let me know straightaway. I'll send out the final lists and addresses tomorrow night!

Round 6 Participants
Aggie
Bastiaan
Ben Taylor
Bill Bresler
blackmelas
Bob F.
BWGirl
BWKate
Dave Miller
David A. Goldfarb
Derek Lofgreen
glbeas
gr82bart
Helen B
Jersey Vic
Jim Moore
jimgalli
Kevin Caulfield
komet
kwmullet
leeturner
Luis
Mick Fagan
mikeg
Nicole Boenig McGrade
Nige
Paul Sorensen
Ray Heath
reellis67
Rob Skeoch
shmoo
simulatordan
SteveH
toddstew
troy

reellis67
02-28-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't have any postcard paper either, but cutting down 8x10 sheets or using 5x7 sheets is always an option. I used 5x7 last time, but the postage was more due to the size restrictions of the US Post Office so if you choose this method, know that the cost may be more in some countries. I was planning on cutting down 8x10 sheets this time to save on postal costs...

- Randy

reellis67
02-28-2006, 10:31 AM
One more thing. I used fiber paper the last round and it survived the trip as far as I know. No one contacted me saying theirs was too tattered... I'll be using RC this time though, just because I've got a pile of it sitting around...

- Randy

kwmullet
02-28-2006, 10:52 AM
It might bear being said explicitly that this is a postcard exchange not necessarily a Ilford Postcard Paper exchange. Although several folks might elect to use the Ilford postcard paper, many, many different types of postcards have been sent and appreciated in the exchange.

The last time I participated, I made 4x6 prints using Ilford Multigrade IV fiber-base paper, then used a clothes iron to dry mount each one to hemp art paper. They each appear to have weathered their trips quite well.

IMO, part of the appeal of the postcard exchange is to see what kind of creative solutions each person comes up with to the challenge of producing postcards robust enough to send apug greetings 'round the world.

-KwM-

gr82bart
02-28-2006, 02:17 PM
It might bear being said explicitly that this is a postcard exchange not necessarily a Ilford Postcard Paper exchange.Well said.

In the last round, I sent out greeting cards instead of postcards. This round, I'm not sure what I'll do, but I will think of something different. The bottom line is that we all get something 'neat' from each other that 'kinda' resembles a postcard. I'm not too finicky.

Regards, Art. :D

Nige
02-28-2006, 06:09 PM
The bottom line is that we all get something 'neat' from each other that 'kinda' resembles a postcard. I'm not too finicky.

Regards, Art. :D

Well said. :)

Last month round I had intended to send cyanotypes but never got the chance to do them (will take all day to expose them since I only have on suitable neg and will have to do them sequentially) In fact now we've got
more participants, I might need two days! arrggh! Don't be surpised if you get another Ilford postcard from me! After all, now that they are making it again, we have to use some! :)

The real purpose of this post is to say I have really enjoyed the varied work I've received. Such a range of photography and processes (most I've never seen before), presented in so many unique ways. I treasure them so, that I don't let people handle them which is ironic since they get stamped, barcoded and manhandled by machines. Most are far from pristine, but I don't want people with grubby hands touching them :)

So 'thanks' to all that participate.