PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

kwmullet
03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
With apologies to shmoo (from whom I've already received a postcard) I'll have to leave the postcard exchange. It doesn't look like I'll be able to do what I need to do to get the postcards out, and it's already halfway through the "send" month.

I think what I'll have to do is just generate postcards next time before I even ask to be added to the list.

Apologies,

-kwmullet

blackmelas
03-13-2006, 06:19 AM
I wonder how long it'll take to get to the UK, Europe, Australia, and beyond?

It arrived in Ancient Corinth today. Thanks Sharon your photo is great!
James

Nicole
03-13-2006, 06:37 AM
Mick Fagan - today I received your postcard and it's a very beautiful portrait! I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before. Stunning! Thank you very much. Kind regards, Nicole

Ben Taylor
03-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Just got home from work to find my first post card waiting for me, thank you Sharon! You picture brought back a lot of memories. My Dad lived in San Diego for a few years, I went to Belboa park several times when I was visiting him - I seem to remember seeing the Welsh male voice choir at the Spreckels Organ...

I've (finally) selected my negative, and should have my postcards printed this coming weekend and sent out next week.

Ben.

leeturner
03-16-2006, 02:44 AM
Sharon, I received your postcard yesterday. Great picture and glad to see another Rolleicord user. I should be starting to print mine this weekend.

Mick Fagan
03-16-2006, 05:04 AM
Well Sharon, I received your postcard yesterday, very nice indeed.

I also received another postcard from California, but there is no indication of the sender, I'll have to use a process of elimination to figure out the author.

Mick.

simulatordan
03-16-2006, 05:20 AM
Hello Sharon,

Received your postcard yesterday; this it the first I've ever had and was well pleased with it. I am about to start posting the first of mine. Still very much at the beginning end of the printing learning curve. Hope you all like the results though.

regards Daniel

Derek Lofgreen
03-16-2006, 09:59 AM
I sent all but 4 of mine out yesterday. The neg was a little rough but the image was one of my favorites so far. I got Sharons too, very nice. My whole family is excited to get these in the mail. What fun.

D.

Shmoo
03-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed the postcard...Balboa Park holds many wonderful memories for me. As a child growing up in SD, we picnic'd every spring in the park, and would play there for hours on end. It's a wonderful place.

I'm looking forward to getting all of yours as well!!!!

S

BWKate
03-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Sharon,
Loved your postcard! I spent a very productive 6 hours in the darkroom and printed all my postcards and did 3 different images. Just have to address and send!

Daniel,

You might want to wait to post your image from the postcard exchange until you've sent them all out if that's what you meant. The whole idea of posting your postcard image was to show other members what they could get if they joined in! You just don't want to spoil the surprise of what people will be receiving in the exchange.

BWKate

BWKate
03-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Daniel,

I just reread your post and I think you meant you were about to MAIL your postcards out! I misunderstood, sorry..

BWKate

glbeas
03-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Got Mick Fagans card, nicely done! Came decorated with a barcode strip and a new beauty mark on the young ladys face.

komet
03-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I have received cards from Sharon, Mick Fagan and glbeas (rather worn, but nice paper - where did you find FB postcard paper?). You are all kicking my behind. I have printed 5 postcards to date and it took me 3 hours - I assume it will get easier with practice. This is the first time I have made prints for other people.

Kevin Caulfield
03-16-2006, 04:27 PM
I have printed 5 postcards to date and it took me 3 hours - I assume it will get easier with practice. This is the first time I have made prints for other people.

What I do is expose about four or five at a time, putting each one back into the paper box until I have my four or five exposed, and then put them all into the 8 x 10 tray together and shuffle them as they develop, stop and fix. That way, it only takes about five develop-stop-fix cycles usually. In this case, with 30 ish participants, it will still only take about seven cycles. Maybe this method will help you.

glbeas
03-16-2006, 04:28 PM
I have received cards from Sharon, Mick Fagan and glbeas (rather worn, but nice paper - where did you find FB postcard paper?).

That was an Ebay find, tucked away with several other papers. It turned out to be the only paper in that batch any good. I might be able to get one more round out of that box, then I'll have to search for some Ilford.

BWKate
03-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I print like you do Kevin! I'll get the exposure just right and then expose one at a time until I have 10 undeveloped postcards. (in a paper safe while I'm exposing) Then I'll process 2 at a time until I've processed all 10 and then wash them. Like I said before I got 40 done in one printing session. But that's a long night!!! I was very tired after that. I still have to spot them and print info on them.
I think it does get easier with practise.

BWKate

BWKate

Derek Lofgreen
03-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Wow BWkate, you spot postcards? After seeing what kind of abuse they take in the mail I figured why bother. Maybe I will next time.

D.

simulatordan
03-17-2006, 01:22 AM
Hello BWKate,

Sorry to confuse. What I meant to say was that I have now put my postcards in the mail. This is the first time I have ever done prints for others. I got a lot to learn and don't expect to be 'posting ' images for a while yet. Thanks for you interest.

Mike Fagan,

Got your Postcard yesterday. Really nice - I like it a lot.

Regards to both Daniel

BWKate
03-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Wow BWkate, you spot postcards? After seeing what kind of abuse they take in the mail I figured why bother. Maybe I will next time.

D.

Most people don't and I'm sure no one would notice if I didn't. It's just me. It's one of those things that maybe I only care about. Hey, it makes me feel better and I feel like I've finished it. No biggie.

Ben Taylor
03-17-2006, 02:58 AM
Received a card from Mick Fagan in the post today. Thank you! Beautifully printed, some very nice tones. Somewhere along the line the post office saw fit to decorate the print with a row of pink dots...