PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

mikeg
03-18-2006, 02:32 PM
This is the first time I have ever done prints for others. I got a lot to learn and don't expect to be 'posting ' images for a while yet.

Received yours yesterday Daniel. Very nice indeed, so I don't think you need to worry about your printing! Interesting to see the response of the postcard paper to Ilford Warmtone, I was thinking of using it for my cards as well.

Also got Helen's card today. Very good, you had the whole family laughing when we read the comments on the back!

Cheers

Mike

glbeas
03-18-2006, 06:30 PM
I got Helens card today too as well as Derek Lofgreens. Looks like Helen just cut some print paper to size and marked the back with a pen to make impromptu cards, cool! Seems the post office will take anything that has the right stamp on it. I've even heard of some folks successfully mailng stuff using an Easter Seal instead of a stamp.:p

Shmoo
03-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Boy, this sure beats getting bills! :)

I've received Gary, Mike, Helen and Daniel's. Somewhere along the line, someone put a barcode strip on Mike's...luckily it peeled of neatly...phew!

S

Nicole
03-19-2006, 12:37 AM
My postcards are going out next weekend. I have printed 1/2 so far. We need to do midnight sessions at the moment with our current very hot weather. MOO-MOO Shmoo I'm with you on that one. It's fantastic being part of the postcard exchange.

I've received a lovely waterfall print from Gary, Sharon the detail in your Pavillion photo is simply stunning and Mick's incredibly memorable portrait.

This is my second postcard exchange and I just love pouring over all the cards. The quality of work is inspiring and at times a little intimidating - the pressure is on to do better, much better.

Enough rambling for now. I hope you all enjoy your weekend.
Kindest regards, Nicole

leeturner
03-19-2006, 04:20 AM
Received Daniels card on Friday. Well done and don't be worried about your printing abilities. I'm in the same boat as regards the newbie stakes and after seeing your print I'm definitely going to have to work a bit harder.

Derek Lofgreen
03-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I got Aggies on Saturday, very nice. I love getting these things in the mail. We have a little coffee tray in the living room that I have been dropping these in and we had some dinner guest this weekend and they fell in love with them, and the whole idea of actualy mailing a photo instead of emailing it. It was a fun conversation. I can't wait to get more.

glbeas, I was worried about the shape mine would be in when it arrived. I had to put a card stock backing on mine to make it heavier than just photo paper. Did is survive?

Shmoo
03-20-2006, 12:03 PM
We have a little coffee tray in the living room that I have been dropping these in and we had some dinner guest this weekend and they fell in love with them, and the whole idea of actualy mailing a photo instead of emailing it. It was a fun conversation. I can't wait to get more.

Great idea...in fact, they make trays with glass inserts...these would be great arranged on trays like a frame!

S

simulatordan
03-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Hello mikeg and leeturner,

Thanks for your comments regarding my postcards. I wait in anticipation for your's to drop through my letterbox. The ones I've had so far are great and in good condition given the journey they have made.

regards Daniel

glbeas
03-20-2006, 04:22 PM
glbeas, I was worried about the shape mine would be in when it arrived. I had to put a card stock backing on mine to make it heavier than just photo paper. Did is survive?

It came through in fine condition Derek. Nice shot.

glbeas
03-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I got Aggies and Daniels today, nice work!

BWKate
03-20-2006, 09:30 PM
I received Helens, Daniels, Garys, Schmoos, and Micks all on one day! They are great. Keep them coming. I'm still writing on mine and then have to get some postage.

leeturner
03-21-2006, 04:05 AM
Received Derek's card yesterday in good condition. Also received Helen's card in a USPS envelope as it lookded as though it had been in a fight with an origami expert. Both great shots and, Helen, your comments made me chuckle.

SteveH
03-21-2006, 07:23 AM
I guess I am in for a wind-fall of postcards today :D.

Nicole
03-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Today I received "Reflections" from Daniel, thank you very nice - I might give warmtone dev a try. :) Derek, those clouds are immense and your photograph has a nice sense of proportion (if that makes sense). Helen, you're card gave me the giggles. I love looking at poor Edna looking for her pills. That's soooo real. My kinda photo. Would you mind sharing how you shot and made this beauty?
Kindest regards,
Nicole

Derek Lofgreen
03-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks Nicole, I'm glad you like it. I got Daniels and Helens too. My coffee tray is looking very nice with all those little works of art in it.

D.

simulatordan
03-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Hello lofgreen,

I received you postcard in the post this morning, great skyscape with land that has tonal gradations. It has given me food for thought and something to aim at.

Regards Daniel

Derek Lofgreen
03-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks Daniel, I'm glad you like it.

D.

Ben Taylor
03-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Received three postcards today:

Daniel's 'Reflections', thank you! I've been experimenting with the Ilford Warmtone dev too.

Gary's waterfall, I really like the fiber post card paper - seems to have held up really well in the post too.

Derek's landscape, love the light and tones you captured in the sky - for some reason the post office thought it'd be a good idea to stick a label right across the bottom of the print!

I've printed about half of mine, it's taking a little longer than I'd hoped - should have a bunch more finished this evening and mailed out as soon as I can.

Dave Miller
03-22-2006, 03:31 PM
I posted mine today, and put a copy in the postcard gallery here.
So far I've had cards from: Aggie, Sharon, Daniel, Derek, Gary, , and Helen. Miniture works of art, each and everyone.

simulatordan
03-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Helen.

Received your Postcard this morning. It made me laugh, great sense of humour; off the wall like mine. I'm sure one of the old ladies is my wife's aunt.

Aggie.

Your's arrived at the same time. The quality of light and space is amazing. I can see I must try harder.

Regards to you both. Daniel