PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

simulatordan
03-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Hello Dave,

Received your postcard today, really nice - stopped my in my tracks.

Regards Daniel

mikeg
03-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Received 4 cards today and yesterday, thanks to Dave, Aggie, Derek and a mystery person who never wrote their name on the card. It's from the USA -- a coil of rope on a beach.

Cheers

Mike

Shmoo
03-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Whew...I got Aggie's finally (LA post office is sometimes a little weird), Dave's (we must talk about IR...I love shooting IR), and one from (I'm guessing) Kate/BWKate of the Vancouver Public Library. It never fails to amaze me how differently everyone shoots!

S

komet
03-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I received 3 more postcards, a fun scene from Helen with very nice toning (what toner did you use?), Aggie's lovely tree (sadly the post office machine took a chunk of the emulsion off!) and an interesting scene from Simulatordan. This is great fun and beats getting bills!

I followed Kevin Caulfield's advice and strangely enough it does go faster that way! Managed to print a further 16 postcards. I now understand why minilabs don't print on FB!

Helen B
03-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Got home to a bunch of postcards, all excellent. I've received postcards from Shmoo, Daniel, Mick Fagan, Aggie, Dave and Gary. I'm feeling awfully guilty because I seem to be the only person taking advantage of the inkjet loophole. That's not toned - it's the natural warm colour of the 'black' carbon ink.

Best,
Helen

glbeas
03-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Received 4 cards today and yesterday, thanks to Dave, Aggie, Derek and a mystery person who never wrote their name on the card. It's from the USA -- a coil of rope on a beach.

Cheers

Mike

Thats mine, I thought I signed em all!

komet
03-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Helen,
that's inkjet? I'm impressed. It never occurred to me it could be anything other than toned FB. No need to feel guilty, for sure. Now I know, I still can't see the pixels.

BWKate
03-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Helen,

I was totally fooled! I also thought your postcard was a Fibre print! That's the beauty of the exchange, anything goes! I just have 8 cards to post before my photo trip to Las Vegas tomorrow.

simulatordan
03-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Hello BWKate,

Received your Postcard today - liked it very much.

Ben Taylor

Got yours as well, quite thought provoking and sad - good stuff.

Regards Daniel

BWKate
03-27-2006, 04:15 AM
Your welcome Daniel,

I think I sent you the library image. I sent three different images out and made sure I marked down who got what. Isn't this fun!

I will be away from apug for 5 whole days because I'm going to Vegas! That's some serious withdrawl I will go through.

Ben Taylor
03-27-2006, 05:00 AM
Got two more postcards, today. Dave's wonderful IR image, absolutely inspiring I'm going to have to get some IR film and try it my self! Also got Aggie's lovely tree, the post office decided to stamp it on the back and the front! Thank you both.

I finally got the last of my postcards sent out this weekend. I printed a few extras, so if anyone doesn't get one just let me know.

Ben.

glbeas
03-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Got Paul Sorensons and Dave Millers, both works of art!

glbeas
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
BWKate thats a right nice postcard. I'm surprised HIE can be so sharp and fast, you did a good job.

simulatordan
03-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Hello Nige and Komet,

Got your postcards today. Completely different images but both great.

Regards Daniel

Kevin Caulfield
03-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi all,
Just apologising in advance here. I will be overseas for ten days from tomorrow, so I will not be able to print my postcards until my return. Apologies for my tardiness, but I promise to get postcards to all of you.
Kevin

Peter Schrager
03-30-2006, 05:11 AM
Just got my materials from J+C yesterday evening. Now it's off to the darkroom.
Kinda feel like a kid doing my very first postcards....should be in the mail this week. I think this is the BEST exchange. Thanks to everyone so far who has shipped.
Best,Peter

glbeas
03-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Anthonys card made it in, nice work!

Dave Miller
03-31-2006, 12:40 AM
Ben, Anthony, Derek, and Nige. Your cards have arrived during the week. Thanks very much.

leeturner
03-31-2006, 02:37 AM
Some wonderful cards from Dave, Ben, Anthony, Gary, Sharon, Mick, Nige and Bastiaan (that one made us all smile). Finally mine have gone out today. It's my achilles heel, give me six weeks to do something and I'll start on the 5th week, 6th day :)

gr82bart
03-31-2006, 02:44 AM
So far, I have received 13 wonderful postcards so far over the past few weeks. Thanks to Sharon, Mick, Gary, Helen, Derek, Aggie, Daniel, Ben, Bastiaan, Nige, Kate, Paul, and Dave for a very interesting set of images. Looking forward to more.

Mine will be made this weekend and sent out next week.

Regards, Art.