PDA

View Full Version : NYC APUG Get Together--Traveling Portfolio--19 Feb. 2006

Pages : [1] 2

David A. Goldfarb
02-07-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm still sorting through the list and getting the portfolio ready for the next round, and I'm hoping to send it on its way in about a week or two. Sorry it's taking so long, but the day job has had to take precedence lately.

For those in the New York area who would like to take a look at the portfolio, I'd like to have a gathering at my place Sunday, Feb 19, 2006. We can also look through my collection of APUG postcards and prints from the exchanges, and if anyone else wants to bring some prints to pass around or prints that they've gotten through the APUG exchanges, that would be cool too. Art Liem and I have tossed around the idea of trying out some big Polaroid transfers, so if Art can make it, maybe we can do that too.

If you're interested, PM me, and I'll give you directions. I live uptown in Manhattan near Columbia University.

highpeak
02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Fantastic! I can't wait to see it. I'll bring some wine.

Bruce Osgood
02-07-2006, 03:23 PM
I'll be there, can I bring anything?

David A. Goldfarb
02-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Bring your print for the next round of the Portfolio, Bruce!

David A. Goldfarb
02-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Just another reminder for New York area types who didn't catch this thread the first time around.

It looks like Art can't make it, so maybe we'll hold off on the Polaroids until next time around, but there will still be lots of prints to see, from the Traveling Portfolio and other abovementioned exchanges, and I also just received a fine print from Kevin Saitta, so that will be here too.

David A. Goldfarb
02-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Seems I left the time out of the original post. I've been telling people we could meet around 12:00 noon.

David A. Goldfarb
02-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Okay, looks like we're on for tomorrow. There should be around 6-8 people dropping by as of this morning. If anyone else would like to jump in, send me a PM, and I'll give you directions.

Sunny weather predicted, if anyone wants to do some shooting in the neighborhood after looking at prints. We've got Grant's Tomb, Riverside Church, Riverside Park, and the Riverside Dr. Viaduct all in the immediate vicinity. I'm a fan of area under the Viaduct myself.

Sanjay Sen
02-18-2006, 09:37 AM
I am open to going out shooting in the neighborhood if the weather holds up - the viaduct sounds especially interesting!

David A. Goldfarb
02-18-2006, 09:55 AM
A few Viaduct shots--

http://www.echonyc.com/~goldfarb/photo/viaduct.jpg

For a 4 Mb version of the above image with lots of detail of the area go to--

http://www.echonyc.com/~goldfarb/photo/imviaductxl.htm

http://www.echonyc.com/~goldfarb/photo/cclub.jpg

http://www.echonyc.com/~goldfarb/photo/pigs2.jpg

Fairway Uptown market and Columbia University are renovating this area in a major way, so document it while you can.

highpeak
02-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Let's go out shooting something after viewing the prints! Time to let my new camera fly!

Sanjay Sen
02-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Let's go out shooting something after viewing the prints! Time to let my new camera fly!Are you bringing your 8x10? This should be fun... except that it's started snowing here :(, something that was not in the forecast.:mad: Hope it stops soon.

David A. Goldfarb
02-18-2006, 01:24 PM
It snowed briefly here, but the sun is out, and the weather report is promising for tomorrow.

gr82bart
02-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Wish I was there. It's freezing here in Toronto. Plus I just watched Patsy Quinn and Wayne Betsky take our Canadian men's hockey team to a loss - against the Swiss of all teams! :-(

Art.

Sanjay Sen
02-18-2006, 04:48 PM
David, I saw those images in your website and I liked the first one (posted here) the most.

Yes, thankfully the weather has changed for the better now.:)

highpeak
02-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Sanjay,

I hate to disappoint you, but mine is a 4X5. I am sure there will be some 8X10 there.

Alex

Sanjay Sen
02-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Sanjay,

I hate to disappoint you, but mine is a 4X5. I am sure there will be some 8X10 there.

AlexAlex, I was reading the comments here (http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7953&cat=500&ppuser=1750) yesterday and thought that your 'new' camera was an 8x10. Even 4x5 is way bigger than 35mm which is what I will be bringing.:p See you there.

David A. Goldfarb
02-18-2006, 08:35 PM
I was planning to shoot my new-to-me 6x9 Technika (still haven't had the lenses cammed yet, so I'll be shooting view camera style), if we head down to the viaduct, but I've got a few bigger ones around, if you want to experiment.

David A. Goldfarb
02-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks everyone for coming by.

Someone left an orange fleece vest at my place--maybe Sanjay or Alex, I think. PM me, and if it's too inconvenient to come by and pick it up, I can mail it to you.

Peter Schrager
02-19-2006, 06:23 PM
DAVID-you are a great host. Lots of good prints going around today; lots of sharing; and the wonderful food. Thanks for hosting us and hope to see everyone again in the spring so we can go out and photograph. It was just too
darn cold today...
Best, Peter

jovo
02-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Yes, thank you indeed! It was a great pleasure to share the excellent work of so many who contribute to the print and post card exchanges and see the fine photographs of those who showed up today as well. And the wine and nova and cheese and pistachios and bagels were wonderful. (The view aint half bad either!!). A wonderful day; thanks again, David.