PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 4

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Dave Miller
02-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Art, Please add me to the list, and thanks for organising this exchange.

darkroom
02-08-2006, 02:16 PM
include me in again

jd callow
02-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Include me -- I'll be at the conference...

SuzanneR
02-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Include me... planning to go to the conference, though I have a potential conflict that I'll need to somehow weasel out of! Thanks for organizing.

mikeg
02-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm in, but I won't be going to the conference.

Thanks

Mike

Marc Leest
02-08-2006, 05:03 PM
I 'm in again. And helaas no conference in Canada.

M.

vet173
02-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Count me in, not attending the conference.

David H. Bebbington
02-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Would like to participate (having both sent and received a print in round #3). Thanks to organizer for all his efforts!

Mick Fagan
02-09-2006, 01:28 AM
I'm for this round.

I send my prints in tubes, they may get a curl, but at least they survive unscathed.

Many thanks for organising this event.

I won't be going to the conference.

Mick.

joeyk49
02-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Please include me. Alas, I won't be attending the conference.

I hope the others don't mind getting prints from a novice like myself. It may seem selfish, but the last (and the first) exchange that I entered caused me to spend some qualtity time in the darkroom, working on skills/technique. As a result my prints improved noticably. Not to the point where I'm ready to have a gallery exposition...but I'm starting to smile a little (just a little) when I turn on the light, in stead of flinging stuff across the room in the direction of the trash can. So I use the exchange as a source of motivation and as a way to get feedback on my finished work.

If there's an expectation of a particular skill level (whatever that is), please let me know. I'd really hate to disappoint someone because my print medium is still rather basic.

photobum
02-09-2006, 02:07 PM
joeyk49, The difference between you and Adams, Weston, Strand etc. is that they had a bigger garbage can. I try to always remember to keep my darkroom garbage can filled.

reellis67
02-10-2006, 08:22 AM
If there's an expectation of a particular skill level (whatever that is), please let me know. I'd really hate to disappoint someone because my print medium is still rather basic.

As a fellow novice, I can say that everyone that I have exchanged with has shown a great level of professionalism when viewing my work. In my first exchange I sent an unmounted RC print and was very worried that the recipient would bin it straight away. I felt the same thing for the alt. print exchange because I sent some of my first attempts at cyanoytype, and in comparison to what I got, my stuff deserved the bin. But I never heard a single word of complaint from anyone, only words of encouragement came my way.

I think that you will find that by participating in these exchanges you will continue to grow in skill and understanding. I know I have.

- Randy

reellis67
02-10-2006, 08:24 AM
I send my prints in tubes, they may get a curl, but at least they survive unscathed.

That's a great idea! Are any other people doing this? I always worry about damged corners and this seem to be a great solution.

- Randy

Travis Nunn
02-10-2006, 08:50 AM
That's a great idea! Are any other people doing this? I always worry about damged corners and this seem to be a great solution.

- Randy

I find that placing the print in an archival bag, taping the bag to a piece of oversized foamcore, and sandwiching it with another piece of foamcore and then placing the "sandwich" in a bubble envelope makes for a very sturdy way to send prints. It can absorb a large amount of abuse and the print will still arrive in good shape.

reellis67
02-10-2006, 09:10 AM
I find that placing the print in an archival bag, taping the bag to a piece of oversized foamcore, and sandwiching it with another piece of foamcore and then placing the "sandwich" in a bubble envelope makes for a very sturdy way to send prints. It can absorb a large amount of abuse and the print will still arrive in good shape.

Interestingly enough, I was considering doing something similar. I am ordering a couple sizes of "Crystal Clear" bags from Light Impressions anyway and was thinking of using some 2 ply board as a wide protector for shipping, but I think your method sounds more reliable than what I was planning on doing. Thanks!

- Randy

jd callow
02-10-2006, 10:03 AM
I use tubes, I have seen major galleries use tubes as well. not to say the connection is any more than the tubes.

Claire Senft
02-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Count me in. Since my spouse is very community minded and is not angry at Canada I will not be allowed to get a pass to leave the yard. I hope that the rest of you have a very nice conference. Sorry am I not to be there to spoil it for you.

Travis Nunn
02-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Interestingly enough, I was considering doing something similar. I am ordering a couple sizes of "Crystal Clear" bags from Light Impressions anyway and was thinking of using some 2 ply board as a wide protector for shipping, but I think your method sounds more reliable than what I was planning on doing. Thanks!

- Randy

The prints I've been sent by other apug members have been packaged in the following ways:

rolled in a tube
the "sandwich" method I use
Print placed between 2 pieces of 2-ply board sent in a standard manilla envelope (board and envelope roughly the same size as the print)

The tube method works very well, the sandwich method works very well, the print being placed between 2 pieces of 2-ply board in a manilla envelope doesn't work very well.

hankins27
02-10-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm in...not sure if I will be at the conference or not but will like to participate in the print exchange.

gr82bart
02-11-2006, 09:19 AM
In all the excitement, I forgot to mention that if you haven't already PMed me your real name and mailing address from a previous round, another exchange, or if your addy info has changed, please PM me.

Good turnout so far. Gearing up to be a great exchange round. Particpants so far...

David A Goldfarb - conference maybe
Ole
argus <--got your new addy thanks
dschneller - conference
Peter Rosckstroh
photobum
NikoSperi
reellis67
dylder <---I need you to PM me your name and mail addy
bobfowler
TheFlyingCamera - conference maybe <--I need you to PM me your name and mail addy
BWKate
mhv - conference maybe <--It's just one Via train ride away!
t_nunn - conference
magic823
Bastiann <--got your addy thanks
BWGirl - conference
Rlibersky
Dave Miller
darkroom
MrCallow - conference
Suzanne Revy - conference
mikeg
Marc Leest
vet123