PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

photobum
03-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Mine's been mailed and should have arrived by now. Unless he has a very small P.O. Box. That is a worry. Masonite won't fold very well. Let's see the U.S.P.O. fold this stiffner.

simulatordan
04-03-2006, 07:43 AM
hello,

I've posted my package to you today. hope you like it.

Regards Daniel

[gr82bart's note: Daniel, I edited your post to keep it a surprise (blind) for the recipient.]

simulatordan
04-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Hello gr82bart,

Thanks for that. I should have thought before I sent it.

Regards Daniel

jeffneedham
04-03-2006, 10:37 AM
sent mine out last week. couldn't decide on a print, so i sent two. i'm disappointed that i made the prints on a holga enlarger, when, the next day i was given an omega b22xl. i wanted the prints to be matted, but that was going to break the bank with the int'l postage.

gr82bart
04-03-2006, 11:07 AM
i'm disappointed that i made the prints on a holga enlarger, when, the next day i was given an omega b22xl. i wanted the prints to be matted, but that was going to break the bank with the int'l postage.Jeff,

I'm certain that whoever gets your prints will appreciate them. I know that I love the variety of formats, processes and materials I get - in addition to the subject matter. One of the many positive reasons for particpating in these exchanges.

It will be a great surprise for that individual.

Regards, Art.

roteague
04-03-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm looking forward to being able to give my print in person at the APUG conference next month. And, I think I will get one there as well - this is cool!!

simulatordan
04-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Hello Jeffneedham,

Your prints arrived Monday morning. I glad you couldn't decide which to send they are great. Thank you.

Regards Daniel

jeffneedham
04-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Hello Jeffneedham,

Your prints arrived Monday morning. I glad you couldn't decide which to send they are great. Thank you.

Regards Daniel

You're quite welcome, I'm glad you like them.

Mick Fagan
04-09-2006, 10:40 PM
To my blind exchange partner, your print has been posted today in a tube, I hope your PO box is long enough?

Mick.

[Edited by Art: I replaced the person's name to keep the exchange 'blind'.]

NikoSperi
04-11-2006, 05:34 AM
aAAAAAAARrrrghhhh!!!
Yesterday was the perfect day. I have had my stack of prints ready and flat from my latest printing session. Enough time has passed since then to regain a little objectivity when looking at them for the selection/editing.
I pick a few for spotting, and (this is a first) don't screw them up too badly!
I cut the foam core mounting board - no problems there either.
I actually bang off three mattes in rapid succession with no blood loss (also a first).
Moral of the story, I have spotted, mounted and matted my prints for the exchange! I'm really proud... I go to bed feeling content.

This morning, the usual routine: shower, make coffee, drink coffee while geting dressed. I stop by the table and admire the matted prints. I pick up the centerpiece print to view it in better light. I put the print back down to realize that I have now placed a big fat coffee stained thumb-print right on the matte! :mad:

I could have cried. Of course, I have finished the foam core board. I don't know if I can replace the matte... I'm not happy and content.

All this to say... the prints almost made it to the mail. Now, well... slight delay. I apologise to my designated recipient while I remedy! Any ideas how to get a coffee stain out of a white matte? :rolleyes:

Christopher Colley
04-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I have used regular household bleech to remove a stain from a white 100% rag mat before, worked amazing! I could believe the stain was never there..... but, if the surface of the mat is any kind of shiney/glossy type surface this method will leave a little matte spot, if its all flat/matte then this could work great.. You might need to 'rub' a little bit to rub off a little of the paper, it will come up in little fuzzy lumps to get it out..

bobfowler
04-12-2006, 12:32 AM
My neighbor dropped off a piece of mail that was mistakenly delivered to him one day last week (while he was away for a few days, of course) - a stunning seascape by Randy Libersky. Randy - did that paper REALLY expire in 1914?????

Great work, it's a hanger!

BWKate
04-12-2006, 03:49 PM
My blind print is going in the post today!

Dave Miller
04-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Still searching for that special negative :(

Rlibersky
04-13-2006, 10:38 PM
My neighbor dropped off a piece of mail that was mistakenly delivered to him one day last week (while he was away for a few days, of course) - a stunning seascape by Randy Libersky. Randy - did that paper REALLY expire in 1914?????

Great work, it's a hanger!

Yes it did. Suprised me when it worked as well as it did. I got 8 out of 12 prints, to work.

bobfowler
04-14-2006, 10:10 AM
WOW!!!!!!!

jeffneedham
04-17-2006, 07:16 PM
To my blind exchange partner, your print has been posted today in a tube, I hope your PO box is long enough?

Mick.

[Edited by Art: I replaced the person's name to keep the exchange 'blind'.]

Mick,

Thanks for the print. It arrived today, and it is great work. It didn't fit in my PO box, but that's ok. They leave a note, and I exchange that for the package. In my case, it involves at least a dozen questions about why I would receive anything from Australia. The lady who works at the post office must think that I'm a security threat. :)

Thanks again.

Jeff Needham

gwatson
04-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Just received an absolute stunner from BWKate. Added postcard, as well!

See PM Kate. Many thanks.

Geoff

BWKate
04-19-2006, 02:25 AM
My pleasure and thanks for your kind words!

gr82bart
04-19-2006, 06:16 AM
My pleasure and thanks for your kind words!Kate,

A little 'birdie' told me, you'll be getting yours soon!

Art.