PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Peter Rockstroh
05-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I just got a very fine print from José Martínez. Thank you very much.

Peter

Lachlan Young
05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Have just sent print - should arrive (hopefully) within a week.

Lachlan

Mick Fagan
05-04-2006, 03:35 AM
Received Gay Larson's print today, very nice and many thanks.

Mick.

Gay Larson
05-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Glad it got there Mick.

joeyk49
05-04-2006, 05:47 PM
This week I received at terrific print from John Berry of some very photogenic pile drivers. Yes...pile drivers...you know, the machines that drive posts or steel beams into the ground...who'd a thunk it! How did you know I'm a sucker for bw shots of machinery or metal work?

The print's amazing..;wonderfully exposed and full of juicy detail and tack sharp! I'm soooo jealous!

Thank you.

vet173
05-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Glad you liked the Azo print. My son works for the piledriver company here in town. It is the owner of the companys personal museum and collection. Now you can show the better half and say " Aren't you glad I only collect camera gear".

SuzanneR
05-08-2006, 08:02 AM
As I had to leave Toronto Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday morning, I didn't get a chnace to thank Roboert Teague for the print.

So Robert, thank you so much!! An image of a warm beach sunset will keep me going through cold New England winters!!

I hope you enjoyed the conference as much as I did, and that you had a good flight home.

Best,
Suzanne

gr82bart
05-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Except for MrCallow, everyone else had to leave early, so prints were exchanged throughout the Conference. I know for sure Mark Fisher, Suzanne Revy, T_Nunn, BW Girl, and myself all got their prints.

I have to say thanks to dschneller giving me two fantastic mounted and matted prints. My GF loved the skeleton on the beach pebbles one so much, I gave it to her and she’s putting it up on her wall.

Regards, Art.

dschneller
05-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey Art, you are most welcome. It was a pleasure to meet you and I'm glad you liked the prints. I missed out on meeting my exchange partner in person, whoever you are!

Dave

MattKing
05-14-2006, 07:09 PM
I received Eric Mac's print earlier this week. Thanks Eric, it's a very interesting scene - the repeating patterns of the tree branches are neat. I assume the shot was taken during winter!

My print was sent out today - hope Canada Post treats it well!

Matt

BWKate
05-15-2006, 11:07 AM
I received a gorgeous HUGE matted print from Magpie. Love the subject matter. I phoned my mom from the airport when I left for China and it had arrived that day but I did't get home for 3 weeks so I only opened it yesterday!
Thanks so much.

BWKate

Michel Hardy-Vallée
05-17-2006, 09:34 PM
I received today not just one but TWO prints from Mark Fisher, and one is a lovely cyanotype! It's the first time I can handhold one, and this is just making me very happy to meet such a venerable process (and great picture!) in person. You GO alt-process people!

Now it's my turn to kick myself and get mine ready for the mysterious recipient who must still wait for me.

jd callow
05-17-2006, 10:09 PM
FWIW my guy got his (I handed it to him) and have yet to recieve mine.

gr82bart
05-19-2006, 10:03 PM
I received a superb print on canvas from Steve Alan today.I just noticed this post. Sorry, but Steve isn't your Secret Santa. Are you part of the Group Excahnge as well? The print you got might be from that exchange.

Regards, Art.

magic823
05-19-2006, 11:39 PM
I just noticed this post. Sorry, but Steve isn't your Secret Santa. Are you part of the Group Excahnge as well? The print you got might be from that exchange.

Regards, Art.

It was for a group exchange, but I accept complements no matter which forum they show up in.

Steve

NikoSperi
05-23-2006, 05:14 PM
The print is in the mail! Don't hold your breath - it's the Italian mail. Hope it makes it.

jeroldharter
05-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Think I might do this in the future. How do you typically sent matted prints?

jeffneedham
05-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Think I might do this in the future. How do you typically sent matted prints?

In an envelope?

I send prints only, and received prints with no matting. I received a really cool print from Mick Fagan. He sent it in a tube. It arrived in great shape that way. There's a good chance that your partner will be international, so sendign a matted print isn't really finanically sensible. I sent my prints in a large envelope, and hopefully they survived the air mail process in tact.

jeroldharter
05-23-2006, 09:06 PM
In an envelope?

I send prints only, and received prints with no matting. I received a really cool print from Mick Fagan. He sent it in a tube. It arrived in great shape that way. There's a good chance that your partner will be international, so sendign a matted print isn't really finanically sensible. I sent my prints in a large envelope, and hopefully they survived the air mail process in tact.

Thanks. I guess the tube makes the most sense. I read that someone received a matted print so I thought that might be the standard.

David A. Goldfarb
05-23-2006, 09:09 PM
I usually ship prints mounted to 11x14" either with two or more layers of oversized corrugated cardboard on each side or in an 11x14x1" corrugated box, which comes in packs of 5 at Staples. Occasionally I've sent out unmounted prints, but if I have time, I mount.