PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 4

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

gr82bart
02-08-2006, 07:07 AM
So if you want to be part of the blind print exchange - round 4, sign up here.

This time, also post if you are going to the APUG Conference. If you are, I will try to set you up to exchnage prints with others who are also going. This way, you can exchange the print in person at the APUG Conference.

If you're not, no worries, sign up and I'll take care of that too.

For those that don't know what the Blind Exchange is, here's a brief explanation:
People sign up - particpants. Organizer (me) arranges so that every particpant sends one print to another particpant. It's 'blind' because the particpants do not know who will be sending them a print. One day a print just shows up! Like having a Secret Santa.Again as in the previous round for every particpant in this round, I will donate another $1 to the American Red Cross for Katrina Relief.

I hate to belabour this point, but if you haven't honoured your committments in any other exchange, please don't sign up here. The 'deadbeat' rate has increased from 7% to 20% in the last exchange rounds which disappoints me.

I will PM you who to send your print to on or about March 16.
Deadline to send your print will be May 31. <--Plenty of time to make and send ONE print.
In fact, as you sign up, just make the print, ready to mail, so you won't be tardy!

Regards, Art.

David A. Goldfarb
02-08-2006, 07:30 AM
I'm in. I will probably be at the APUG conference, but can't say for sure yet.

Ole
02-08-2006, 07:33 AM
I'm in again.

No, I won't be at the conference.

argus
02-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I love this exchange.

I'm in for another round! I won't be at the conference

Maybe you can make Ole send me a salt print :D
(oops, whishfull thinking...)

Art,
I'll PM you my adress, I noticed that the one you distribute contains an error (or two).

G

dschneller
02-08-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm in and will be at the APUG Conference. I am taking a couple of the Friday workshops.

Dave

Peter Rockstroh
02-08-2006, 07:48 AM
I´m in. Won´t be attending the conference.

Peter

photobum
02-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Art; Sign me in for the exchange but no conference. My new most favorite print is mounted and ready.

Jim Rhoades

NikoSperi
02-08-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm in... please?! Getting darkroom time this weekend for the first time in two months... lots to print! :D
Forgot, no conference for me.

reellis67
02-08-2006, 08:19 AM
Please count me in again. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the conference though...

Thanks!

- Randy (Randall Ellis)

dylder
02-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Count me in, not attending the conference.

Thanks

Dennis Wilder

bobfowler
02-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Count me in as well. As of now, I won't be at the conference (though I wish I could).

TheFlyingCamera
02-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Count me in as well. Don't know yet about the conference.

BWKate
02-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I want to participate in this round. I will not be attending the conference. Will PM you my address.

BWKate

Michel Hardy-Vallée
02-08-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm in too, but I am not yet sure if I could go to the conference.

Travis Nunn
02-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm in again. I will be at the conference.

magic823
02-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Sign me up and I probably won't be at the conference.

Steve

Bastiaan
02-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Art,

I would like to join as well. I won´t be attending the conference. I will PM you my address.

Bastiaan

BWGirl
02-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Count me in, Art & yep... I'm going to the conference! :D

Rlibersky
02-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm in. Not going to conference. I have only one critic of this and other exchanges. When sending a print it might be better to send unmounted. 2 out 4 prints, including the print exchange, have come on mat board that curled into a S-curve that was not retrievable. So basically the prints went to waste. Which was to bad they would have been worth keeping other wise.

As a side note if any of the prints I send come in damaged I am willing to replace them if the original is sent back to me.

Ole
02-08-2006, 12:06 PM
... When sending a print it might be better to send unmounted. 2 out 4 prints, including the print exchange, have come on mat board that curled into a S-curve that was not retrievable. ...

I agree. The stiff board easily gets crumpled, an unmounted print can survive incredible abuse even if the packaging is totally trashed.

Experiment: Take two pieces of cardboard. Put an unmounted print between. Then bend the "package" enough to crack the cardboard. Unpack; examine print.
Then try the same with a mounted print.

Which would you rather get in your mailbox?