PDA

View Full Version : Chicago area gathering

Pages : 1 [2]

dlin
02-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Hello All,

I will be up in the Chicago area on the 25th, and would love to meet up. Will this be an outting, print-sharing, or beer drinking? All of the above would be great.

All the best,
Daniel

Richard Wasserman
02-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Daniel,
It's going to be more of a print sharing, beer drinking kind of thing to get to know each other a bit. Hey, two out of three isn't bad. It might be good to plan an outing for next time. Glad you can make it!

Richard Wasserman

Nancy Gutrich
02-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi Richard,
I'm going to make a concerted effort to make your gathering...I lived on Oak Circle for some time. I'll give you a "definite" later in the week, if that's OK.
Generous of you to make this offer.
Nancy

Richard Wasserman
02-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Nancy,
I hope you can make it. Oak Circle is a project I hope to do in the near future. I want to document the houses and the people who live in them.

Richard Wasserman

Richard Wasserman
02-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Just a reminder that we are getting together Saturday at my house for a photo gala well, really lunch, talk, and photos. If there is anyone who has been thinking about joining us, I hope you will. It really doesn't matter if you have work you want to share or not-everyone is welcome.

Richard Wasserman

mikeb_z5
02-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Kevin(KEK) and I are carpooling it. Looking forward to meeting everyone ;)

Mike

Mike A
02-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Is the gathering still on, I managed to escape from work for a whole weekend so I'll be there. Thank you Richard for hosting this little get together, maybe this will be the start of a regular type of thing at different locations.

Mike A

Nancy Gutrich
02-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately, I'll be unable to attend...another time hopefully
Nancy

fwp
02-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Alas I won't be able to make it. Any chance that there'll be more in the future?

dlin
02-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks to Richard for hosting a nice get-together at his home. I enjoyed meeting fellow photographers and APUGers [Mike(2), Mark(2), Kevin, and Chuck], and the sharing of prints. I look forward to future opportunities to see your work.
All the best,
Daniel

Markauf
02-26-2006, 09:07 PM
I also wanted to say that it was great to meet all the local Chicagoland photogs and view some really terrific images.
Thanks to Mike A. for bringing out his 11 x 14 "monster -cam" (although I walked away with a case of film size envy, and as the only one in attendance that hasn't shot LF, I think I may have caught the bug to shoot bigger....now, where is that piggy bank....).
Thanks to Richard Wasserman for hosting and providing a great spread for lunch.

Mark

Mike A
02-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Yes,
Thank you Richard for having us, and to everyone who brought prints for showing, myself excluded. What a nice experience to see work that you admire here on APUG and then to be able to see the actual print. I look forward to another in the near future.

Mike A

Richard Wasserman
02-27-2006, 07:38 PM
I want to thank everyone for coming over on Saturday. I would have written this earlier, but my computer was down with a cold. It was great to meet everyone and look at a lot of interesting photos, to say nothing of Mike's giant camera. I hope we can do this again and maybe keep it going on a somewhat regular schedule. I always find it energizing to see what other photographers are up to, and to be able to bounce ideas off other people. Lets do it again!

Richard Wasserman

Mark Fisher
02-27-2006, 09:43 PM
It was great to see so many well done prints in person. In fact I was so inspired by Daniel's toning that I mixed up some thiocarbimide toner tonight! And, of course, thanks to Richard for hosting everything. Let's figure out a way to do this again. Maybe in the spring?

ChuckP
02-28-2006, 08:37 AM
I also want to thank Richard for hosting the meeting and providing a great lunch. It's always nice to see what people are doing with real prints. No computer screen to view. I agree we should try to have some regular meetings.
Chuck Pere

Chan Tran
05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
I hope there will be another get together soon.

Mike A
05-22-2006, 04:13 PM
I hope there will be another get together soon.
If I had the room I'd host, we are buying a home this fall and are in transition along with being packed like sardines.

Richard Wasserman
05-23-2006, 09:31 AM
I would be happy to host another gathering. My schedule is a bit up in the air at the moment, but I should know fairly soon when I would have time. I think probably around the middle of July will work. I'll let you all know as soon as I can.

Richard Wasserman

coriana6jp
06-15-2006, 04:36 AM
Would love to join next time I am back home for a visit. Not sure when that will be though.

Gary