PDA

View Full Version : Chicago area gathering

Pages : [1] 2

Mike A
02-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Well someone motioned to move this subject to the regional forum and here we are. Does anyone have any suggestions on a common place to meet?

Markauf
02-10-2006, 10:18 PM
A couple suggestions, The Arboritum or Botanic Gardens for flora or the Brookfield or Lincoln Park zoos for fauna.
Mark

Richard Wasserman
02-10-2006, 10:29 PM
How about my house to meet, talk, and share photos?

Richard Wasserman

Chazzy
02-10-2006, 10:53 PM
The Bahai Temple is nearby and visually interesting too. Although it would be more interesting with a couple of nude models in front of it. :)

fwp
02-11-2006, 02:09 AM
The Bahai Temple is nearby and visually interesting too. Although it would be more interesting with a couple of nude models in front of it. :)

Are you volunteering to be the model??

ChuckP
02-11-2006, 07:08 AM
Do people want to meet and look at prints or meet to go photographing together? Where to go to look at prints would depend on how large a group? Maybe if the size is right we can take Richard (who I've met a couple times and definitely has prints worth seeing) up on his offer and get things started. I'm in Prospect Heights.
Chuck Pere

Mark Fisher
02-11-2006, 07:54 AM
I'd be game to simply share photos some evening. At least for me, a weeknight evening get together is better. I work in Evanston and live in Highland Park so Willmette could not be a whole lot more convenient. Shooting some film is good too, though!
I would not recommend the Botanic Garden right now as it is seriously torn up. They are doing major construction everywhere from the greenhouses to the ponds.

Richard Wasserman
02-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I thought it would be nice if we (however many that might be) got together to meet each other and see what people are doing photographically and otherwise. This could be a good opportunity to organize something for a later date. Plus it's always fun to see pictures! Maybe I'll have my 7x17 by then for show and tell.

I am also happy to do anything else if that is what the group prefers, I just hope it involves food...

Richard Wasserman

Markauf
02-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Let's target a date and time.

Richard Wasserman
02-11-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm tied up for the next 2 weeks, but after that anything works for me. It seems like a weekend would probably be the easiest for most people so how about Saturday 2-25. Hey, you could come for lunch! Free food, that should bring everyone out of the woodwork. Come one, come all!!!

Richard Wasserman

Mike A
02-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm tied up for the next 2 weeks, but after that anything works for me. It seems like a weekend would probably be the easiest for most people so how about Saturday 2-25. Hey, you could come for lunch! Free food, that should bring everyone out of the woodwork. Come one, come all!!!

Richard Wasserman
I'm interested and suprisling free for that Saturday. I think if at all possible everyone should try and bring an informal sample of there work, and I'd like to see richards new toy, who was the builder?

I could bring some of my equiptment as well, it travels with me usually anyways.

Mike A

Mark Fisher
02-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Count me in. Let me know where and when. I recently started back in the darkroom (I spent a couple of years on the darkside of digital printing) so it will be nice to have others look at my prints. This would give us a chance to talk about interests and plan potential outings.

Markauf
02-12-2006, 11:15 AM
The 25th will work for me.
Looking forward to the opportunity to meet and view everyones work.
Mark

Richard Wasserman
02-12-2006, 05:49 PM
How about 12:30 on the 25th? I'm:

Richard Wasserman
1240 Maple Av
Wilmette, IL 60091
847-251-6649

Mike, my 7x17 is being built by Richard Ritter. He is basically splicing a 7x17 back from one of his new cameras onto an 8x10 Sinar. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see if I can hurry him up a bit.

I hope more people come too, I have lots of room.

mikeb_z5
02-12-2006, 06:51 PM
I thought it would be nice if we (however many that might be) got together to meet each other and see what people are doing photographically and otherwise. This could be a good opportunity to organize something for a later date. Plus it's always fun to see pictures! Maybe I'll have my 7x17 by then for show and tell.

I am also happy to do anything else if that is what the group prefers, I just hope it involves food...

Richard Wasserman

2/25 works for me so far. If anyone from Crystal LAke/Algonquin wants to carpool, I'll drive :)

KEK
02-12-2006, 07:40 PM
mikeb_z5 I'm in Algonquin. At this point I'm free and would be interested in a lift.

Kevin

John Koehrer
02-12-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm in. Since I'm so far west, 40+mi. I could pick up a rider or two on the way up. But I can only stay 'til around 3.

ChuckP
02-13-2006, 07:50 AM
The 25th sounds Ok for me. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Chuck Pere

Mike A
02-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I contacted Richard regarding my interest in a 16x20, he said he would put me on his list although I looked at the current price of this film and am having some reservations now and leaning toward 7x17. I read over on the camera building forum about people using "donor cameras" for this purpose, it seems the Sinar is a popular one. I'll bring my 11x14 Phillips to keep things interesting.

Do you have holders yet? I looked for used ones when I first purchased my ULF and always got sniped or the price was just as much as I would have paid new for S&S holders like I have now.

Do you have a head count yet? See everyone Saturday.

Mike A
How about 12:30 on the 25th? I'm:

Richard Wasserman
1240 Maple Av
Wilmette, IL 60091
847-251-6649

Mike, my 7x17 is being built by Richard Ritter. He is basically splicing a 7x17 back from one of his new cameras onto an 8x10 Sinar. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see if I can hurry him up a bit.

I hope more people come too, I have lots of room.

Richard Wasserman
02-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Mike thanks for bringing your 11x14 Phillips. I've never seen one in person, and ahve heard wonderful things about them. I bought some S&S holders for the 7x17 and they are very nice. Now all I need is a camera...

We are up to 8 people, I'm hoping more will join us. I'm looking forward to the 25th, this should be fun.

Richard Wasserman