PDA

View Full Version : Northern Michigan Gathering - June?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Dan Henderson
06-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Bill: It is we who attended that owe you the thanks for hosting this gathering. I am sure that I speak for everyone in saying that the time and energy that you put into making us all feel welcome, guiding us around to some interesting spots that we would likely have not found ourselves, and unselfishly sharing your knowledge was way above what anyone could have expected. It was also great to meet and talk face to face with others from our online community. I'm already looking forward to next year, and heartily recommend to the rest of the Michigan Apuggers that you do not miss it!

I for one cannot wait to get into the darkroom and start processing film from the trip.

Thanks again,
Dan

jd callow
06-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Sh*t, I was hoping to spring over at the last minute, but missed it. I am already begining to miss this beautiful state...

mjs
06-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks, Bill, for hosting this event. I greatly appreciate your generosity with your time and all the effort you put into this event: it was obvious that you spent considerable time and thought into making things as pleasant, interesting, and productive as possible for us and you succeeded superbly. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone, seeing all of the wonderful portfolios, and spending time in beautful northern Michigan. The platinum "mini-workshop" was a perfect introduction to this particularly beautiful medium and those members of my family who have seen the prints I made are very impressed with the unique qualities of platinum/palladium prints. Great, just what I need: something else to spend money on! :)

One of the folding chairs was mine (the purple one); a $5 end of season K-mart special. I forgot it but I have plenty more of them. Please keep it; I'm sure that it will come in handy in the future.

I look forward to future meetings with you and any or all of the other participants: everyone was very generous with sharing their knowledge, time, rides, and supplies. It was truely a great experience and I hope that you will repeat it in the future. Thanks, again!

Mike Sherck

Gim
06-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Thanks Bill for putting this gathering on. One of the best weekends I have had in a long time. What a great bunch of people.
Jim

Jerry Basierbe
06-26-2006, 06:55 AM
Bill,
I can only repeat what everybody else has said. It was great weekend. Alot of fun, great people, great host. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Thanks.

Jerry

P.S. Watch out for the Cranes.

markos
06-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Bill, thanks for organizing this. It was a wonderful weekend, both for the photography and for the conversation. I enjoyed meeting everyone, it was a great time. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Mark Severson

dlin
06-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Bill,
I had a wonderful time with you and fellow APUGgers this past weekend. You were a fantastic host/guide and a fount of information. Thank you for your generosity and great humor. I look forward to seeing all the work coming from this get-together, and to future meetings.
All the best,
Daniel

p.s. One of the folding chairs left behind was mine- I was just reserving a spot for our next meeting ;)

billschwab
06-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks all... you're too kind. I had a BLAST. I've uploaded the group shot we did to the "Workshops and Gatherings" gallery. If you missed it, it is here (http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16175&nocache=1). Anyone that wants me to email a full sized one for printing, send a PM with an email address and I will send it along. Look for more uploads of the festivities there soon. Thanks again!

Bill

PS. Mike and Daniel... Your chairs will be waiting by the fire for you next time.

smieglitz
06-26-2006, 09:20 PM
... I've uploaded the group shot we did to the "Workshops and Gatherings" gallery. If you missed it, it is here (http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16175&nocache=1). ...

Wow. What a handsome group!

Bill it was just a great time. Thanks for hosting the event. Great location, great group, Great Lakes, great food and great conversation around the fire. Who coud ask for more?

Having Tom Halsted there to show those marvelous Michael Kenna portfolios and the the Ruth Bernard'S and Harry Callahan prints was also super.

Looking forward to the next one.

Joe