PDA

View Full Version : Mid Atlantic APUG Group

Christopher Walrath
03-17-2006, 08:22 PM
We need one. NY and NE are to far north. What about getting a group set up for Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore, Richmond, Wilmington, De.?

Flauvius
03-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Why not have "rotating" meeting points; South Jersey, Wilmington, & Baltimore would be reasonable locations for us to periodically get together.

Flauvius / Drexel Hill, PA

Christopher Walrath
03-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Very good idea. But I was refering to the community area of the website and having a regional group here on the site.

Flauvius
03-17-2006, 08:53 PM
The area from Mount Holly, New Jersey through Baltimore pretty much covers the Mid-Atlantic section of the country.

Flauvius

wfe
03-18-2006, 06:59 AM
A Mid Atlantic group on the site would be wonderful. I'm in.

Andy K
03-18-2006, 07:00 AM
I would imagine it would be a tad damp... ;)

SteveH
03-18-2006, 08:45 AM
You Brits love the 'mid-atlantic' don't ya :D

That would be great. I also favor the idea of having rotating meeting points. Trenton, Philly, Wilmington, B-more are all in the area, and all have some great shooting areas and architecture.

Flauvius
03-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Founders Meeting Place:

Given that the area from Trenton through Baltimore is proposed for the Mid-Atlantic regional group, and all these areas are readily accessible from interstates I-95 & I-295, I suggest that we have a founders' meeting off of I-295 in Woodbury, NJ. Woodbury is right off of I-295 and about half way between Trenton and Wilmington.

The location of the founders' meeting would be a dinner, either on Route 130 just north of Woodbury or in Woodbury. At such a meeting, people from all the areas from which our group would be composed would suggest appropriate dinners - or other locations - where we could periodically meet.

Lastly, I hope some thought will be given to include Lancaster and Harrisburg to our group as these areas through I-81 and Route 41 are readily accessible for meetings in the Wilmington and Baltimore areas.

Flauvius

Sean
03-18-2006, 02:49 PM
I have created the regional group, can you guys supply a final description for it and I will update that for example "Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore, Richmond, Wilmington, De."

Christopher Walrath
03-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Thank you, Sean. I would say southern New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsyvania, Maryland, Delaware and Eastern Virginia. (Trenton, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Lancaster, PA; Baltimore, MD; Washington, D. C., Richmond, VA; Wilmington, DE; and the Delmarva Peninsula.) Just hit the highlights. Pretty much anything within 120 miles (190km) of Wilmington, DE. Thanks again, Sean.

dharris22
05-23-2006, 01:57 PM
We need one. NY and NE are to far north. What about getting a group set up for Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore, Richmond, Wilmington, De.?
Hello all.
A Metro DC area group would be great.
I'm Dick Harris, new to APUG, but in photography for many years.
And while I teach b&w & digital photography at the College of So MD, I was surprised to learn after all these years that I'm "Analog"!
I am shooting & preparing a black-and-white exhibit for the College and a Museum entitled "Black and White Renaissance,
My grear consists of two 4x5 Graphic & a Crown. Plus two Hasselblad outfits which have been shooting for many years. My latest toy is the Kiev 66 which I got on Ebay.
I'm in Hollywood MD, one hour SE of Wash DC & 1.5 hrs from Baltimore. Phila is about two hours.
So MD has a number of really great large format sites to photograph.
IDEA....If there is interest I'll host a one day workshop meeting at the Naval Air Musem here..the only one in the world.
There is a meeting room to show samples of APUG photos and after a.m. coffee and rolls we could visit a Civil War mansion..Sotterly. Then shoot fishing boats at Solomon's harbor, etc. Should make a fun weekend...maybe late August or Labor Day?
Everything in St Mary's County...MD's mother County is compact & photographable.
There is a charming new B&B called Victoria's Candle nearby.
Food for thought?
When? Ideas?
Dick Harris jon-r@tqci.net 301--373-8622

TheFlyingCamera
05-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Hey Dick-

welcome to APUG, and Mid-Atlantic APUG at that. There's a loose and growing confederation of us in the DC metro area, not to mention other parts of Maryland, PA, VA and Delaware. We had a great outing to Baltimore back at the beginning of May, and we're looking at doing another outing in June. Your Southern Maryland jaunt sounds like a great idea. Want to organize it for late August or early September? It might be a bit rough doing it Labor Day weekend itself, since lots of people may already have travel plans or family obligations.

Travis Nunn
05-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Dick, Welcome to APUG. The Southern Maryland outing does sound like a good idea. Labor Day weekend would not be an option for me, however.

Christopher Walrath
05-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Welcome among us Middy APUGers, Dick. I'm interested in an outing. All depends on my wife and my work. But set something in motion. PUGers always turn out.