PDA

View Full Version : Xpan Negative Carriers

Pages : 1 [2]

ksmattfish
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I use an Omega DII and a Beseler 23C. The DII actually came with a 35mm pano carrier someone had custom cut from a regular 35mm carrier, but I like to print the entire frame, so I made neg carriers for my widelux negs out of black matboard. Been using them for years and they work great in either enlarger.

Bandicoot
04-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Just knocked my schedule out of whack the last two days printing till 8 am , when the sun comes my printing is done. Ah, but the darkness and music are great! Who needs sleep anyway?

Ahh - I can hardly think of the darkroom I had in my teens without also thinking of listning to the Friday Rock Show on the radio in there...

Peter

Colin Corneau
11-20-2007, 08:40 PM
This is my first post after joining APUG, and I'm happy it can help someone else.

I have a Widelux F7, and custom-made my own carrier from an Omega 35mm one I picked up cheap on eBay.

I measured out a Widelux neg, carefully marked it out on the carrier, and then took it to my local high school where the metal working teacher was happy to use his plasma torch to cut it out perfectly.
I then filed it smooth, and used heavy sandpaper (for metal) to make it perfect.

The nice part is I get a nice black border when I print full-frame (which I do on all negs).

Hope this helps - it was ridiculously easy.