PDA

View Full Version : NJ APUG, including NY and PA

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

TheFlyingCamera
04-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Even though I'm in DC, I'd be interested perhaps for a June date, as long as there would be some way to connect up with y'all later in the day (ie not expecting me there at 9am).

JamesG
04-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Whatever I organize, it's going to be a 9 to 5 deal with optional dinner close by. So, it will be a "Come for as long as you can" deal. Easy, flexible, and fun...

James

Bruce Osgood
04-07-2006, 11:50 AM
My June is "open".

highpeak
04-07-2006, 12:06 PM
I have some time. Count me in.

jovo
04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I think so....the calendar is open at this point. Sounds like a good outing.

JJC
04-08-2006, 11:16 AM
May........ June........ I'm still interested.

JamesG
04-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I have contacted the Delaware River Mill Society again to see which of the two dates will be the best for us to assemble and take photos. I want to be able to restrict parking in front of the Mill itself so we can get photos without the cars.

I will keep everyone updated on what they tell me and the date we will get together.

James

JamesG
04-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Mark your calendars for Sunday, 21 May beginning at 10 a.m. at the Prallsville Mills complex in Stockton, NJ. It is three miles north of Lambertville, NJ/New Hope, PA and approximately 10 miles north of I-95 and not too far from I-78, I-295, I-195, US 1, NJ 31, NJ 12, and just a mile from US 202. We will most likely be able to photograph inside the Mill as well as the outside of the Mill and the various other buildings in the complex. The Delaware River Mill Society will not be charging us for the use of the complex, but we should plan on making a donation. I will pass the hat during the day for that purpose.

If there is interest, we can have some presentations or informal instruction on the use of large format cameras. This event is open to all APUG members and all film formats. If you have always wanted to learn more about medium and large formats, now is the time.

I can also have one or two models present if anyone wants to do portraiture. Any photograpjher who wants to use a model, should we decide to have one or more present, will be responsible for a financial renumeration to the model. Models would only be present if there is a definite interest. No interest... no models.

I will come up with other ideas for the day as we get closer. I will post those ideas here in the forum. Any questions??? please ask. Thanks.

James

trhull
04-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Count me in. My favorite landscape spot-that one I can't spell-Wickecheoke-is nearby !

TheFlyingCamera
04-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Drat. I'll be in NYC that day at CFAAHP (Center For Antique And Historic Processes) taking Carl Weese's Platinum printing class. Oh well... if you run it again later in the summer or sometime in the fall (sounds like it might be a neat place for some foliage shots), let me know and I'll try to make it.

David A. Goldfarb
04-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I'll put it in my calendar, and if I can make it, I'll try to come.

wilsonneal
04-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Scott:
Looking forward to taking that Platinum class as well.
Neal Wilson

Drat. I'll be in NYC that day at CFAAHP (Center For Antique And Historic Processes) taking Carl Weese's Platinum printing class. Oh well... if you run it again later in the summer or sometime in the fall (sounds like it might be a neat place for some foliage shots), let me know and I'll try to make it.

JJC
04-11-2006, 11:15 AM
"If there is interest, we can have some presentations or informal instruction on the use of large format cameras. This event is open to all APUG members and all film formats. If you have always wanted to learn more about medium and large formats, now is the time."

I like that idea. I was hoping to learn more about large format even if only
through casual conversation and observation.

highpeak
04-11-2006, 11:21 PM
I should be able to attend.

David, I can give you a ride if you decided to go.

gr82bart
04-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Mark your calendars for Sunday, 21 May beginning at 10 a.m. at the Prallsville Mills complex in Stockton, NJ.I'll try and make it too.

Regards, Art.

David A. Goldfarb
04-12-2006, 06:50 AM
I should be able to attend.

David, I can give you a ride if you decided to go.

Thanks! Let's try to coordinate closer to the date.

If I do go, I can bring a spare 4x5" camera if someone wants to experiment. Bob Fowler and I did this at the Asbury Park event, and I think we got two converts (gr82bart and highpeak).

George Losse
04-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Sunday, 21 May beginning at 10 a.m. at the Prallsville Mills complex in Stockton, NJ.

That is a wonderful location. I've worked there a couple of times. The street side of the mill complex will be lit up nice that early in the morning. If you come back later in the afternoon the mill race and creek side will be in the sun. There is a railroad bridge with a small water fall and then the mill is behind the bridge. It looks nice. Or you can work with just the mill from the railroad bridge.

There are a number of nice little towns near there. North of the Mills a few miles is Frenchtown, and a few miles south is Lambertville. And don't forget to check out Stockton. It has a nice old Hotel at the main road in town (but again that is more of an afternoon shot).

You will also be only a couple of miles from NJ's only covered bridge in Seargentsville just northeast of Stockton.

Sorry I'll be on the road still that weekend or I'd try to get out there with you all.

JamesG
04-12-2006, 09:33 PM
There certainly is a lot to photograph in the area. The Mill can easily be an all day affair. Another day can be spent photographing within 3-4 miles of Stockton. And then... well, you get the idea. Lots to do.

The buildings of the Mill complex can easily be photographed from 360 degrees; all of them. They are from late 18th to early 20th Century. Bring a lot of film.

James

aj-images
04-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Aslong it's on a Sunday, count me in. - Jim

JamesG
04-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Yes, Sunday, the 21st. YThe Mill has events every Saturday in May and most of June.

James