PDA

View Full Version : It's time for a Dallas/Ft Worth/Denton breakfast

Pages : 1 [2]

Jeremy
05-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I may be working so I might not be able to come.

kwmullet
05-11-2006, 09:31 AM
I'll be there. Jeremy -- shoot us a note if you would like to go wtih us (& can make it).

I'll be bringing my new Rb67 "point-n-shoot". No grip yet, though. Of course, those that know me already know I need to get a grip. ;)

-KwM-

David Brown
05-13-2006, 04:15 PM
OK. This came off this morning. We had six apuggers and one guest. ;)

Me (David Brown), Lee (Carmichael), Photomc (Mike Castles), Peter Williams; our hosts: Kevin and Dianna Mullet, and their gorgeous (and very well behaved) baby daughter as our guest.

Good time had by all. It's always good to see other members and swap stories. Heard the progress on the Mullets' under-construction darkroom, and how Peter does his work in the den and bathroom! :cool: (we've all been there)

It's been roughly a year since we North Texans last did this, and we've got to have these get togethers a little more often. Let's shoot for sometime before May 2007. :D

Cheers, y'all.

kwmullet
05-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Yep. Very cool. First APUG-in-person anything Dianna's been to. She recognized a bunch of kindred spirits right away, and told me as we were leaving that barring any kind of emergency, she's going to every North Texas APUG thing from now on.

We had a lot of fun. Harper (our 5-month old daughter) got ansy about an hour and a half into it and couldn't be convinced to quiet down, so we had to take off somewhat abruptly. Next time, we'll get the two-fer kid care deal. I could have sat and talked during the sun's entire travel in the sky, then taken a pot of coffee out on the curb and talked some more while the moon did the same. I feel like I barely scratched the surface of what I wanted to talk to everyone about. Times like this, I remember how nice it was when I was in the Navy and in the company of fellow photographers pretty much 24 hours a day. I'll have to watch myself so I don't run at the mouth too much during the upcoming workshop with Les & Lee.

Having just acquired my new point-n-shoot, an RB67, I got a chance to show David how nice KEH Bargain grade really is. It was a wee bit close quarters, so I didn't do any shooting of everyone.

Next time, we need to get folks to bring prints, like we did for the first get-together.

Here's an idea, maybe everyone could bring a print next time, and we'll come up with some kind of randomization thing that would let everyone go home with someone else's print.

Thanks for the great time, all!
Thanks for organizing this, Dianna!

-KwM-

Andre R. de Avillez
05-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Man, I wish I had gotten up on time. I forgot it was today, and last night the allergy medication I took knocked me out...

dianna
05-13-2006, 05:25 PM
It was wonderful to finally get to meet my fellow APUG-ers! It was fun and I look forward to the next one. Andre, I hope to meet you at the next gathering!

Man, I wish I had gotten up on time. I forgot it was today, and last night the allergy medication I took knocked me out...

photomc
05-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Enoyed the gathering as well...very nice to me Dianna, Harper and Peter. Had met Kevin at one of the earlier gatherings, and of course Lee and David are old hands as travel mates. Missed Andre and Jeremy. Is that really it for the metro-mess? Any other APUGgers out there in the area are most welcome to join us next go round.

lee
05-13-2006, 05:54 PM
been there and done that and a good time was had by all :)

lee\c