07-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Pandino,

Was that Rodinal developer? LOL

Regards, Art.

D76. I thought the "D" stood for digital? :confused:

simulatordan
07-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Hello All,

Four more cards arrived over the weekend, from EllenMarie, another IR shot 'deux' feels a bit spooky but great.

Justin Knotzke, thank you a nice landscape, a contact print? Got a bit beaten up by the post but I like it very much.

Kevin Caulfield, lots of interest in this one. I have a Bronica SQ and like the format. Its a change from my 35mm stuff. Thanks

Berger A, I see the two pipes are constructed differently; one rivetted and the other in welded sections? ( there speaks an engineer ). Like the perspective, gives real depth to the image. Thanks to you too.

Regards to all Daniel

BWKate
07-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Received 6 great postcards lately!
Thanks to Nancy: Very lovely shot of your granddaughter.
Kevin: Awesome shot of the train station. Love the format.
James(Blackmelas): Arrived totally pristine! Gorgeous still life.
Justin Knotzke: Lovely landscape, well done.
Randy Ellis: Beautifully done abstract of a plant.
Birger A : Love the inky black pipes taken in Norway. Stunning!

I'm almost finished writing mine out. As I write them out I mail them right away so they are getting to everyone at different times.
I've really enjoyed this exchange. Fantastic variety and so much fun to receive in the mail.

Buster6X6
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I received a beautiful landscape from jknotzke today.What lens did you use and what aperture? It is pin sharp.Well done.

Thank you Greg

jknotzke
07-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone,

Glad to see my landscape has arrived..

Some of you got a contact prints (six of you I believe) the rest got an "enlarged" print. After doing the first batch using contact print method, I realized it was ugly.. I didn't have enough paper to redo those six. So voila.

It was shot with a Shen Hao using a Schneider 150 APO Symmar at F11 or so.

Glad some of you have liked it.

I have been absolutely blown away by the quality thus far. Truly amazing stuff.

J

Buster6X6
07-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks Derek Lofgreen Your card arrived today. I am not familiar with Pentax PZ-10 but Temron lens sure is contrasty and sharp. Could you tell me what film, film developer and paper developer did you use?It seems some post offices plaster code paper strip right over the image. :(

Cheers Greg

blackmelas
07-14-2006, 12:10 AM
It seems some post offices plaster code paper strip right over the image. :(
I've pulled all of them off without problem. The worst thing the post offices are doing to the cards that I reveive is rubbing a 1/4" spot of the emulsion off. It happens on every 4th or 5th card I reveive. They're all beauties however, keep them coming!
James

Derek Lofgreen
07-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Greg,
I used the Astia.edu 400 stuff from freestyle. I actually kind of like the look it has, expecially for shooting old rusty stuff. I used the Ilford develpers and paper for the film and print. Pretty basic stuff. Glad you liked it.

D.

Buster6X6
07-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks Derek I like rusty stuff to.
BWKate I received your wonderful image today.Could you please tell me which camera did you use and what did you soup it in?
Thanks for your kind words about image on my post card. :D I'm glad you like it.

Cheers Greg

BWKate
07-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Hello Buster6X6,

Your welcome Greg! Because I blabbed on and on and wrote so much on the postcards I was going to post all the details of my postcard when I posted it. Anyways, the camera I use is a Contax 139 with a 25mm lens. I developed my film in Kodak D-76.

gr82bart
07-16-2006, 03:21 PM
4 more wonderfull postcards this week from Todd, Derek, Justin and Victor. Keep'em coming! This round has been exciting.

Thanks, Art.

toddstew
07-16-2006, 04:57 PM
I just wanted to finally thank everybody for the wonderful postcards. I was also wondering about the idea of splitting the group up a bit, because it makes it a bit difficult to do anything other than straight silver gelatin postcard stock prints. Any thoughts on this?
Todd

BWKate
07-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Just received your postcard today toddstew! I really like it; very dark and mysterious.

JerseyVic: Another incredibly unique and beautiful postcard!

EllenMarie: Love that infrared, and very nice composition!

Thank you postcard people!

Buster6X6
07-17-2006, 09:53 PM
I received three more post cards today Thanks guy's
EllenMarie I never tried IR it looks great.As I told David I think I will try it in 120.
Jersey Vic Very dreamy look to the image, I have to be honest I never heard of Zonal Pro HQ WT?What kind of developer is this? Also very familiar greeting Thanks.
toddstewI like images that make you think is it horizontal or vertical, what it is part of. Very inspiring. Thank you for kind words on my image.Well done.

Cheers Greg

Kevin Caulfield
07-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Buster, the Maco IR film is pretty good.

Buster6X6
07-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks Kevin I will research further to find out what I need.It looks great I really like David's post card.

Greg

Ellenmarie
07-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Just wanted to finally post and say thank you to all for the beautiful postcards. It's been so much fun to receive them. My granddaughter has enjoyed them as well!! And thank you for the kind words re: my infrared photo of the two swans from Middleton Plantation. I love when I have the chance to play with IR. I hadn't thought of trying it in my Mamiya but will have to now.

simulatordan
07-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Hello All,

Three more great Postcards arrived:

Thanks to Victor for the striking portrait.

I enjoyed Derek's steam shovel - I'll have to send you some pictures of derelict pullman carriages.

Finally, thanks to Todd for you sculptural image very interesting. Thanks by the way for your comments on my 'card.

Regards Daniel

BirgerA
07-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Hello all
So far I have received 29 postcards (not counting my own), but it has been a while since the last one arrived.
How many have the rest of you received.

It has been great fun to participate and to see the different images that all of you make. I'm already looking forward to the next round.

Best wishes from

Birger A.

gr82bart
07-19-2006, 10:09 AM
I've got 31 so far.

Regards, Art.