PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

jknotzke
07-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Ya, about the same here.. in the low 30's.. Me thinks there are a few dead beats out there..

BirgerA
07-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Got a new one today, from Todd. Fascinating forms.

Regards
Birger A.

toddstew
07-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks Birger. Glad to hear it made over the pond. I got Kate's beautiful card today. What a trip that must have been! Sorry to hear about your camera.
Todd

BWKate
07-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Thanks Todd,

I did get my camera repaired thanks to my mom for a loan! She is very supportive.
Yes, that trip was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I tried my best to enjoy both the good and the unexpected. I sent my ten year old son's grade five class an email journal with photos. First time being away from him for such a long time.

Best Regards,
Kate

k_jupiter
07-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Many apologies to all in the exchange. I have been amazed at the cards received, I was remiss in not ordering my Post Card stock in time. Now that it's here (Thanks John), it's too dern hot to print. Next week the weather here in san jose should break and I will get them out.

tim ( i am not a dead beat, well, not a very good one) in san jose

BWKate
07-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Looking forward to it, Tim!

leeturner
07-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Mine have finally gone (along with my sanity) today. Apologies for the delay but it's been a few weeks of chaos. Right....I can go on the hols (vacation) without any guilt :)
Regards

Lee

BWKate
07-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Received John Havard's postcard today! Very nice John, I like the image! Was it almost dusk? It looks like the lights were on. Do you live in Mississippi or Missouri?
Thanks for the postcard!

Peter Schrager
07-24-2006, 07:21 PM
mine went out today. Thanks everyone for the great cards and SORRY for the delay. Hope you'all enjoy it...
Best, Peter

Nancy
07-24-2006, 08:10 PM
They're still straggling in, and it's such a treat to recieve each and every one. Kate, I got yours today. You must have spent a lot of time writing on the cards, but I really enjoyed reading it. Great image.

BWKate
07-25-2006, 02:28 AM
Yup, Nancy!
I wrote a personal message on each and every card and it did take awhile but I enjoyed it! Thanks.

reellis67
07-25-2006, 07:15 AM
...I wrote a personal message on each and every card...

I really thought that was a nice touch - it inspired me to do all of the writing by hand this round.

- Randy

jhavard
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Received John Havard's postcard today! Very nice John, I like the image! Was it almost dusk? It looks like the lights were on. Do you live in Mississippi or Missouri?
Thanks for the postcard!

Thanks for the compliment! It's Mississippi. When I shot that roll, it was completely dark. Fortunately, that part of the park is well lit, sometimes annoyingly so.

Bob F.
07-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Continuing my seemingly constant attempt to be the last person to send his postcards (not intentional, but it seems to work out that way at least 50% of the time) - mine went out a couple of days ago so should be falling on to people's doormats soon.

Anthony Uk nearly got a test strip - I only just noticed as I was putting the stamp on after already having put the address and info labels on it... ooops.

Cheers, Bob.

gordrob
07-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Well Bob it looks like your not the last. I am late as well but have had to resolve a plumbing issue in the darkroom and I am once again able to print so I hope to have mine out in the the mail by Monday. My apologies to everyone for being late but I have enjoyed all the cards I have received and I regret that I didn't get involved in this in an earlier round. The fun part is to see who get to the mail first cause everyone on the family has been enjoying the postcards.
Gord

simulatordan
07-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Hello All,

Five postcards arrived in the last 2 days, and every one a good one.
Thanks go to:
BobF, Really like the sense of open space and quite.

Lee Turner, Old Stone and Churches do it for me every time, nice perspective too.

Peter Schrager, Interesting juxtaposition of working machinery and affluence, great depth of image.

Randy Ellis, Stunning abstract from such a simple subject, beautiful.

Jhavard, different textures and the sweeping curve, invite me to take a walk in the park.

Thank you all for great images, I'll be sad when this round ends.

Regards Daniel

Buster6X6
07-28-2006, 11:07 PM
It's kind of sad that cards are fahr and between now, I was looking forward every day coming from work to enjoy another image. O well , I hope we will have more of this post card exchanges.
Today I received card from jhavard Thank you very much John. Very interesting image. I have been trying to shoot some night images before with some success but learning curve is slow.

Thanks again to everyone who had send cards to date.

Greg

mikeg
07-29-2006, 05:29 AM
Don't worry -- I'm sure Nige will kick off the next round soon

and the fun starts all over again ....

Cheers

Mike

Nicole
07-29-2006, 05:45 AM
I'm also late getting my cards out due to a large workload and never enough hours in the day. But I will get there, as always. I hope you enjoy them when they fly out the door, I will continue the little 'ballet dance series' for you. Not much longer to go.

jhavard
07-29-2006, 07:20 AM
Today I received card from jhavard Thank you very much John. Very interesting image. I have been trying to shoot some night images before with some success but learning curve is slow.

Light is still light, no matter the time of day.