PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Buster6X6
08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
I got two more today.Very nice images from Paul Sorensen and Lee Turner. Paul I don't think I would like to eat my lunch in that lunchroom :) Tonality of the image is excellent. Lee I love to photograph old structures also and HP5 + LC29 ? work well together.

Thanks guy's ,few more to come.

Greg

simulatordan
08-10-2006, 05:20 AM
Hello All,

Three more postcards arrived in the last few days.

Paul Sorensen 'Lunchroom' - interesting 'frame' -within a frame.

Ailsa's "Lottie" - nice image. I like the square format too.

Ray Heath's "Rusty Texture" was a bit knocked about by the postman but I liked the pitted texture a lot; the contrast of rough and smooth against the sky is good too.

Thanks to all of you. Regards Daniel

BWKate
08-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Received gordrob's and Lee Turner's postcard's today! They are awesome!!!

Both postcards were immediately posted on our fridge. Usually I carefully place the postcards in a special box and show anyone who wants to see them but these last two were a huge hit with my mom! She said she wants a copy of each image. I told her it doesn'y exactly work that way! Unless of course if Lee or Gord wants to trade me a print! I owe noseoil a fibre print and I haven't been able to get in the darkroom lately! I can do RC prints fairly quickly but fibre I need a bit of time!

Buster6X6
08-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Another one came in today. Thanks Peter(Peter Schrager). A bit dark IMO never the less nice image.

Keep them coming.

Greg

gordrob
08-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Received gordrob's and Lee Turner's postcard's today! They are awesome!!!

Both postcards were immediately posted on our fridge.

Thanks for your comments Kate and I appreciate having the postcard being posted in such a prominent place. The fridge in our house has been the major showcase for the kids art and photography as they grew up. If you want to swap photographs - PM me when you have a moment.

Regards
Gord

leeturner
08-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Thanks Kate. As a relative newbie to the darkroom it's really encouraging to get some positive comments. As luck would have it I printed a few 10x8's of the same photograph on FB so I'll send you one over.

Also a big thank you to everyone for their postcards, some truly great images. 45 cards was a bit of a slog and I was sweating as the last card was printed on the last sheet in the box. Some of you may have received cut down cards. Apologies as I processed 15 cards in my Nova before I realised that the dev level had dropped and cut off part of the image :mad: . Next time it's trays.

Jersey Vic
08-13-2006, 07:51 AM
g'day all,
i've received some great images, thanx to all the creative souls out there, i'm way behind and will post mine within the week, sorry

Jersey Vic, sorry to report that your beautifully concieved and skillfully crafted image arrived a little (well actually grossly) worse for wear, check out the attached images

Hi Ray

Considering I dropped it at the US Postal facility intact I'm at a loss to see how it might have arrived in such damaged condition.

My apologies Ray, I'll get you out another next time I'm in the darkroom in a couple of weeks. I often think, or have thought, that the postmark and wear and tear add to the experience of these traveling exhibitions but there certainly are limits.:)

BWKate
08-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks Lee!

That would be so awesome!

BWKate
08-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Received Ailsa's awesome postcard of Lottie, her photogenic shnauzer(sp).

Thanks Ailsa!

Aggie
08-16-2006, 02:37 PM
I haven't forgotten, and will get them done! I juust have been so busy the past few months I think I see myself coming and going.

Buster6X6
08-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Another arrived today Thanks Ailsa Lottie is very cute.

Couple more

Greg

simulatordan
08-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Hello All,

Postcard from Gordrob arrived yesterday. I've always had a soft spot for steam engines, and this one looks a beauty. Great photo'.

Thanks by the way for your comment on my effort.

Regards Daniel

Ray Heath
08-19-2006, 08:05 PM
My apologies Ray, I'll get you out another next time I'm in the darkroom in a couple of weeks. I often think, or have thought, that the postmark and wear and tear add to the experience of these traveling exhibitions but there certainly are limits.:)[/QUOTE]

g'day Vic,

thnx for the offer of a replacement, i wasn't actually fishing for another copy, i only wanted to show you and the rest of the group what may sometimes happen to our tenderly created works

your print now carries the scars of an adventure and a life lifed to the full

it is now more than it was

BWKate
09-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Any more postcards coming for Round #7 ?

Ray Heath
09-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Any more postcards coming for Round #7 ?

yes, from me, sorry all, i'll make them something special

Ben Taylor
09-06-2006, 04:06 AM
yes, from me, sorry all, i'll make them something special

From me too I'm afraid.

Our new baby has taken over our lives for the past several weeks, so I've take a little while away from doing any photography (newborn babies and long darkroom sessions don't mix...).

She's just about starting to get into a routine now so hopefully I'll get back into my darkroom and to doing my postcards soon!

I should have got my postcards done before she arrived, but life just got in the way... apologies again,

Ben.

Aggie
09-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Me four. I will print them while I'm up at Robert Hall's next weekend. I will make sure that I print a few rounds then so I will be ahead of this. Life got crazy for me the last few months.

Derek Lofgreen
09-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Can't imagine why Aggie :D

D.

Aggie
09-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Can't imagine why Aggie :D

D.

I do have a partial mailing done from back in January. Problem is at that time I thought 30 postcards would be enough for the next round. Oh well. It is popular.

Nige
09-06-2006, 04:48 PM
I got a whole magazine from you Aggie! :)