PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Buster6X6
06-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi Nige
I received your card today. Thanks again for organizing this it is a lot of fun. Every time I looked at the pin hole image it look grainy and fuzzy not this one. Well done. Why do I buy expensive lenses? Hah. :p

Greg

jhavard
06-14-2006, 11:11 PM
I was planning to print the bulk of the cards tonight, but I ran into a snag. I noticed a lack of contrast on one print, and then another, and then another. I fiddled with exposure, and things were still off. So, I developed an unexposed card, and it came out a nice dull grey. I pulled five more from various parts of the stack, and they progressively got worse, eventually ending with solid black edges.

Apparently, I exposed the entire stack of paper to light. At least I had already used half of it. I already have another box on order with the local camera shop, but it may not arrive by the end of the month.

So far, all the postcards I've received have been wonderful. Great work guys!

BWKate
06-15-2006, 03:22 AM
Got Schmoo's card yesterday! Wow, that was fast. It's amazing what you shot your film at and the results. Such fine grain and detail.

I finally picked a negative! Just have to get in the darkroom and have at it.

Tom Kershaw
06-15-2006, 07:52 AM
I should be sending out my postcards within the next few days.

b1ltr1te
06-15-2006, 09:52 AM
I've recieved several post cards and for each one, all I can say is WOW! No wonder this postcard exchange is such a popular idea. Thanks for letting me in on this one. :)

Nancy
06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Apparently, I exposed the entire stack of paper to light.

This is a huge fear of mine!

I will be printing mine the first of next week and will get them sent out asap after.

I just wanted to add that my family is enjoying seeing the postcards almost as much as I am!

glbeas
06-15-2006, 05:50 PM
They just keep coming in, three today. Two of David Goldfarbs and Alex Weis shot. That tree is really something Alex. You pulled that one off quite well.

Buster6X6
06-15-2006, 10:08 PM
My tang is still sticky from all the hundreds of stamps I had to lick tonight but I think it was well wort it. I hope you all are going to enjoy my post card.
I received David's and Shmoo's cards today thank you very much.
Maui sure looks different in B\W
Shmoo grain is almost not exsistant ,tonal range is great, well done.

Keep them coming :)
Greg

tommy5c
06-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Well so far the post cards are great, I take them to work with me to show off. And as for my contribution... they are printed and as of friday they will be off to the four corners of the globe courtesy of the usps.

gr82bart
06-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Art another shot with lots of 'perspective' including aerial, as an engineer I find it fascinating - is it part of a hydro scheme ?Hi Dan,

That wasn't exatly an aerial, but I get what you're talking about. It was shot underground (I assume several hundred meters; I don't remember) and yes, it was part of the James Bay (this photo was at the La Grande Baleine - translation: "The Great Whale") Hydroelectric Project in Northern Quebec. I will post a detailed explanation (from what I can remember) in the gallery in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, Art.

meltronic
06-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Have received six cards so far in Japan: Mick Fagan, Chris Pandino, Daniel, Mark Fisher, Sharon? (Shmoo), Nige, thank you all! Mick takes the prize for Most Entertaining, Chris for Slick Presentation, Daniel for Darkest Interpretation of a Sunny Boat Ride, Mark for Scene I'd Most Like to be Part of, Sharon for Coolest Reflection, and Nige for Best Homage to an Auto Trader Classified Ad.

This is really fun getting cards everyday. Thanks again, Nige, for organizing.

My cards are printed, and being flattened now. I'm planning on taking the "Only Card not on Ilford Postcard Paper" prize. It's not available in Osaka. We have Fujifilm postcard stock over here. It's beautiful paper, but fiber based, so you'll get some rather wavy postcards soon. I got tired of printing the same image over and over, so you'll receive one of 5 different prints. I'll scan them all so you can see if you got the best one, or if you were totally ripped off.

Matt

simulatordan
06-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Hello to Alex and metod,

Both postcards arrived today 16th June. The more I look at the tree Alex the more things I can see in it; I like it.
Yours is quite spooky Metod, a bit sinister. Is it an IR shot? The light has an unusual feel about it. Great image though, thought provoking.

Regards Daniel

glbeas
06-16-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm planning on taking the "Only Card not on Ilford Postcard Paper" prize.
Matt

Too late Matt, mine are on Kodabromide.:p

Buster6X6
06-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Two more cards came in today thanks to Metod and AlexI really like how road leading to church and the clouds create an angle leading your eye toward focal point. Alex DOF creates a special feeling in your image ,well done.

This is fun Greg :cool:

BWKate
06-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Got Metod's and one of David Goldfarb's. Love your infrared shot Metod.

David, I like the view in your image. What an amazing place Maui is!

David,
Should we mail our postcards to you in Hawaii?

Spent 3 hours in the darkroom today and printed 50 postcards! Woohoo! Now I will be writing on each and every one and that will take at least a week. I enjoy blabbing on and on when I write on my postcards. So far no one has complained.

David A. Goldfarb
06-17-2006, 05:07 PM
David,
Should we mail our postcards to you in Hawaii?

Thanks, but it's probably better just to send them to New York. I may have my mail forwarded here, but if not, I'll just see them when I get back.

Tom Kershaw
06-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I printed and labeled my postcards on Saturday so they should be entering the worldwide postal system next week.

pandino
06-17-2006, 09:02 PM
The postcards are trickling in. Some truly excellent work there!

My family is really enjoying each of the images. The minute I get home from work, the first thing the kids say is, "Daddy, we got another postcard!"

The fridge will be totally covered before the Summer is out.

When does Round Eight start? I have the perfect neg picked out... ;)

gr82bart
06-17-2006, 09:13 PM
When does Round Eight start? I have the perfect neg picked out... ;)Jumpingjuhosufax! We need to get you to join the Blind Print Exchange!

Regards, Art.

Nige
06-18-2006, 07:53 AM
Just back from a weeks holidays... actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow and seeing what's in my in-tray!