PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Mick Fagan
06-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Nige, does that mean you now have your round 8 neg in the can?

Mick.

Nige
06-18-2006, 08:30 AM
lol! Probably not... not a photographically memorable trip I'm predicting! (2 films developed, several more to be done)

Markok765
06-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Im wondering, what should i send out? soccer photo, landscape, street, still life. what genre?

Kevin Caulfield
06-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Marko, the answer is "anything and/or everything". If you have a series of potentially useable shots, then why not send out several of each? Anything goes, so nothing is "wrong".

Kevin Caulfield
06-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Okay, I feel like I'm lagging a long way behind here, but I've processed my film and have a couple of potential shots to use. I should get into the darkroom again some time within the next day or two, so I'm on target.

simulatordan
06-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Hello David and Ben,

Received both postcards 17th June, interesting view from David, Ben's 'moon lander' and passing 'ET' looked like old TV pictures great idea and a fun shot.

Regards Daniel

Tom Kershaw
06-19-2006, 09:41 AM
I've just posted all of mine off. Although I only appear to have sent 44 cards, so I think I've missed one. If you don't get yours within a couple of weeks, send me a PM and I'll send you a card as I have a few spare.

Disclaimer: This doesn't apply to people who's cards get lost in the post, only the person I missed.

BWKate
06-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Kevin,

You still have lots of time! I've got mine all printed but I have to address them all and of course write on all of them. I picked a negative that required no dodging and burning to make it easier.

BWKate
06-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Tom,

Don't forget to enter the postcard contest! The details are on a different thread that is B&W Film, I think. It wouldn't be hard to find.

Kevin Caulfield
06-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I've just posted all of mine off. Although I only appear to have sent 44 cards, so I think I've missed one. If you don't get yours within a couple of weeks, send me a PM and I'll send you a card as I have a few spare.

Disclaimer: This doesn't apply to people who's cards get lost in the post, only the person I missed.

No offence, but how will you know the difference?

Markok765
06-19-2006, 06:56 PM
I have chosed the perfect neg. a street photo of 2 resturant chefs carrying a huge pot of soup to a wedding. on PAN F+ i love it!

Printing as soon as i get nore paper

Tom Kershaw
06-19-2006, 06:56 PM
No offence, but how will you know the difference?

I have a list of the people I sent the cards to.

tommy5c
06-19-2006, 07:03 PM
so why not cross refrence the ones you sent with the original list? you should have 2 names left, yours and the unsent postcard.

Buster6X6
06-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Today I got only one post card Thanks ArtThis is an amazing gigantic project.Well taken for difficult lighting.

Greg

metod
06-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi to all! I got Buster6x6 card today. I really like it, creative and different. And so Canadian:). Now you have to tell us all how you made that carton of cream stand in the air? I think I know how, but let's hear it from you.

Derek Lofgreen
06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
I just orderd my paper so I am going to try and get mine printed and out in the mail next week. This round is shaping up to be very nice. Keep them coming.

D.

meltronic
06-20-2006, 01:08 PM
OK! All the cards wet into Japan Post today (the 20th). I printed 4 images. You'll receive only one, but I'll post scans of all the cards in a week or so. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Thanks to Metod, Gary Beasley, David Goldfarb, Art, Alex Wei, Ben Reed, and Dharmendra! I received a bundle of your cards yesterday. Seven cards on one day, but none today! Loved all of them. Dharmendra, your's is really special. I love the minimalist composition, and I think that exposing for detail in the moon was the right approach. Now I've got to go out and try something similar.

Buster6X6
06-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Now you have to tell us all how you made that carton of cream stand in the air? I think I know how, but let's hear it from you.Hi Metod it was very simple.I used glass cup with some colored resin in it then I stuck white plastic spoon bend it a bit with heat glued carton on to it.
I also received Ben's card today Thank you very much. There is no limit to creativity simple and unique.I just wish post office did not stick a peace of paper with code over the image.

Greg

Kevin Caulfield
06-20-2006, 10:49 PM
so why not cross refrence the ones you sent with the original list? you should have 2 names left, yours and the unsent postcard.

That's what I thought. If the list was checked, there should not be a problem.

b1ltr1te
06-21-2006, 01:11 AM
I just wish post office did not stick a peace of paper with code over the image.

Greg

I've had a few of those sticky bits of postal nonsense stuck to the front arrive and have been able to gently coax them off, Greg.