PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Tom Kershaw
06-21-2006, 05:34 AM
I have just cross-referenced the lists and they match up, so I may have made a mistake in counting the cards before I sent them out.

Kevin Caulfield
06-21-2006, 07:47 PM
I have just cross-referenced the lists and they match up, so I may have made a mistake in counting the cards before I sent them out.

Thanks for the update, Tom. I have miscounted before too, and this time it's a much bigger group.

gr82bart
06-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Woohoo!

After 2 and half weeks of traveling, I come back what do I have? 12 postcards! Thanks to tommy5c, Ben Reed, cpandino, glbeas, Mark Fisher, Danial, Shmoo, David Goldfarb, Nige, Alex, metod, and Mick Fagan - in no special order.

Awesome. Can't wait for more.

Regards, Art.

simulatordan
06-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Hello All,

Four more postcards arrived today 21st June. Thanks to:

Buster6x6 - Having read the 'how' before the 'card arrived didn't spoil the pleasure at all. Great idea. Thank you

Tom Kershaw - nice waterscape, full of movement. Thanks

Dharmendra - I keep putting off doing some evening/night shots, this will inspire me to get on with it. Really nice. Thanks a lot

David Goldfarb - this is your second 'card to arrive, lots of movement in this one too. Thanks

Regards Daniel

BWKate
06-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Received 8 postcards in the last two days!!

Thanks to:
Nige-I finally got what you wrote about the ghost in the image and I could see it!

Alex Wei- Lovely dead tree-a wavy postmark left by the post office adds to the image.

Dharmendra-beautiful graduated sky leading to the moon and rocks.

Buster 6X6- I had a double-double today! Made me smile!

Ben Reed- very cool image from your holga. Love the effect of the crumpled tracing paper.

David Goldfarb-got your other lovely image from Round 6! It's a keeper.

Tom Kershaw-Love images with water in them and yours is beautiful.Thanks for the personal note!

This round is going great! Keep em coming!

Kate

BWKate
06-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Forgot to mention that I received Art's postcard! Thanks Art!

Wow, what an interesting place to shoot. Do you have more to shoot or is the project completed?

Buster6X6
06-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Two more arrived today. Thank you Tom I have not mastered water yet either shutter speed is to slow or to fast, you have been able to nail this one.Thanks Dharmendra Night shots are so difficult to expose well done especially because you were using my favorite camera LoL :p .

Greg

Buster6X6
06-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Yet another one .Thanks tommy5c I feel you should have shown more of the tractor and a bit more depth of field. Well exposed.
Keep them coming

Greg

reellis67
06-24-2006, 11:22 PM
First, thanks to all who have sent their cards already! I've seen some really great cards and with all these exchanges my wife has gotten interested in shooting with film - woohoo!

My own cards are almost completely printed (13 shy of the total as of today) and they should be going out just before the end of the month. Sorry about squeeking in just under the deadline, but things are a bit hectic right now and the cost of postage has caused a very slight delay. I should have everything ready to go just before the end of the month though.

- Randy

Markok765
06-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Would 5by7 be more expensive to send?

David A. Goldfarb
06-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Check the Canadian postal regulations, but I think that 5x7" is over the international postcard size, and would require first class postage, same rate as a letter.

reellis67
06-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Would 5by7 be more expensive to send?

Yes. I sent 5x7 prints for my first postcard exchange and the postage was significantly higher than the postcard paper size which, as David mentioned, is a different cost scale, at least in the U.S.

- Randy

BWKate
06-25-2006, 01:00 AM
David,

You still have to pay first rate postage even if it's a postcard! I just bought all my stamps and it was over $50 Canadian.

Dave Miller
06-25-2006, 03:03 PM
After a morning printing session I have my cards ready for posting. :cool: Tomorrow I talk to my bank manager about a loan to cover the stamps. :(

Nancy
06-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Mine are sitting on the dining room table and ready to go to the post office tomorrow morning. My grandkids were here yesterday and their mom was reading them some of the addresses that they'll be going to. Apparently they were quite impressed because my grandson said "Grandma, you're going to be famous." :D

pandino
06-25-2006, 06:18 PM
My grandkids were here yesterday and their mom was reading them some of the addresses that they'll be going to. Apparently they were quite impressed because my grandson said "Grandma, you're going to be famous." :D
It occurred to me that I can now boast that my work has been shown on four continents. Before the exchange, I was merely incontinent.

Shmoo
06-25-2006, 08:00 PM
It occurred to me that I can now boast that my work has been shown on four continents. Before the exchange, I was merely incontinent.

ROFLMAO!!!

simulatordan
06-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Hello All,

Three more postcards arrived over the weekend. FrankB - like the patterns and the light, very nice. Mikeg - You put a lot of work into this one; I'm still getting to grips with split-grade printing and basic dodge and burn. I see Iv'e got a lot to learn. Tommy5c- interesting piece of farming history here, nice.

Regards Daniel

Tom Kershaw
06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm going to post a more detailed run through of a few of the great postcards I have received soon, but I must say that Mikeg's card was very impressive in terms of producing something dramatic from a subject that might not appear so with another's eyes.

Tom.

reellis67
06-26-2006, 07:48 PM
OK, all of mine are now in the mail, so you should be seeing them shortly. Thanks again to all who have sent cards so far.

- Randy