PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

jknotzke
07-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Mine just got sent out..

I had a really hard time with the labels. I bought Avery 08920 labels and they all printed a little too long. After 3 attempts I decided to take the scissors. You know the post card is mine by the really nasty labelling job! ;-)

I think the problem might be the printer.. Hard to say. Anyhow, they are off.

Justin

David A. Goldfarb
07-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Nige's labels are formatted for A4 sheets. If you use the DOC file, you have to reformat for 8.5x11" and tweak the margins a bit.

jknotzke
07-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Nige's labels are formatted for A4 sheets. If you use the DOC file, you have to reformat for 8.5x11" and tweak the margins a bit.

AH HA! That explains it. Thanks.. next time.

J

Markok765
07-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Printing soon, in the next few days. special treat, i dont have postcard or 4x6 so in sending 5x7s. Thanks meltronic, for than intresting street shot, and i Love the photo of the floer! great tones!

Kevin Caulfield
07-04-2006, 06:35 PM
into the "rest month" and less than half of the cards seem to have been sent... is everyone going to make it before Rnd 8 sign up?

Apologies, Team, for my tardiness. Mine all went out yesterday.

Thanks for all the ones I've received so far. My favorite so far is Buster's special effects shot.

Buster6X6
07-04-2006, 09:23 PM
After a long weekend two more arrived today.
Thank you Nancy I can appreciate your excitement I have become grandfather for the second time a month ago.Always great opportunities with grandchildren. Lovely shot.
Thank you Blackmelas I am new to this (I am trying to stay with one film and developer until I learn the ropes) but it looks like FP4 with Prescysol and Ilford paper with Ansco 130 as a good combination.Great image.

Cheers Greg

Nancy
07-04-2006, 11:19 PM
I've recieved about half of the postcards so far and have to say there are some very talented people here! I've enjoyed each and every one so far.

As far as the labels and printing, those of you that have recieved mine know how my addresses were printed, the analog way. :p Lucky for me we had a slow afternoon at work one day.

Tom Kershaw
07-05-2006, 03:53 AM
Nancy,

Great photograph, so natural, and very well observed.

Tom.

gr82bart
07-05-2006, 05:46 AM
I posted my postacrd image in the Postcard section of the Gallery. I added a few details about the image for those that interested.

When you get a chance, those that have sent their postcards, I'd encourage you to also post your image in the gallery.

Thanks, Art.

Derek Lofgreen
07-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Mine are going out tomorrow. I had to fit the printing in between family vacation and family visiting. It's been a bussy summer so far. I'll be ready for round 8 when it comes though.

D.

Buster6X6
07-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Hi Randy(Reellis67) thank you for your card it arrived today.I would be interested in what film , developer and also what paper developer have you used?What camera?I like the tonal values and detail on the leaves.Well done.

Greg

Ben Taylor
07-06-2006, 03:20 AM
First off, an apology to everyone who's sent me a card and who I've yet to thank - there's some fantastic work here. Life has been unusually hectic over the last month and I've not really had time to sit down and enjoy them all yet, hopefully I'll get a bit of time at the weekend.

That leads me to my second apology, for not having sent my cards out yet - they *will* be done this weekend and sent out at the start of next week.

Cheers,

Ben.

reellis67
07-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi Randy(Reellis67) thank you for your card it arrived today.I would be interested in what film , developer and also what paper developer have you used?What camera?I like the tonal values and detail on the leaves.Well done.

Greg

Greg,

I used FP4+ @ 125 and Rodinal @ 1:100 for the standard time - I often adjust both exposure and developing to control the contrast, but in this case I wanted a strong image so I used the straight box speed and development times. The paper is Ilford Postcard Glossy (RC) printed at grade 2 1/2 and developed in Ilford Cooltone @ 1:9. The camera used was a Mamiya M645 and the lens was a 55mm with a #1 extension tube attached. Thanks for the kind words on my card for this round.

- Randy

Buster6X6
07-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks Randy I found that I can learn a lot about different films and developers combinations in this post card exchange. Very interesting images and approaches to an image.
David I received your card today thank you very much. I never tried IR film before. You have inspired me to give it a go in 120 size.Excellent detail.
I like it a lot.

Cheers Greg

leeturner
07-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Guys, I'm running a bit late but will have all of the cards out this week. After months of inactivity at work it became chaotic over the last month, plus childrens birthdays, house renovation, buying a new enlarger etc. Excuses over. Now back to the darkroom.

gr82bart
07-09-2006, 05:19 AM
6 more postcards this week! Thanks Kevin, Dave, Blackmelas, BW Kate, BirgerA and the whoever sent me "Deux". All very beautiful images. Hope you all upload your images to the gallery so others can see them.

Regards, Art.

jhavard
07-09-2006, 11:15 PM
After a few snags and delays, I finally printed all the cards tonight. They'll go out in a day or two.

Buster6X6
07-10-2006, 09:57 PM
I received two more post cards today.
Thank you BirgerA Great looking image I wish a bought more APX100 couple years ago.Still have couple boxes left.
Thanks KevinC Good angle of view and you used my favorite camera.

Cheers Greg

pandino
07-10-2006, 09:58 PM
When you get a chance, those that have sent their postcards, I'd encourage you to also post your image in the gallery.

Thanks, Art.

I tried, but my scanner is a piece of crap. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

I put the paper in the glass bed, placed the scanner in the developer, stopped, fixed and rinsed. Now it's quit working altogether. Ruined a perfectly good sheet of postcard paper...:(

You'll have to be content with your print copy.

gr82bart
07-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Pandino,

Was that Rodinal developer? LOL

Regards, Art.