Pages : 1 [2]

JJC
05-23-2006, 05:30 PM
We won't say what kind of camera took those photos, will we? :o

Great shots Jim! :)

And thanks for the great outing!

JamesG
05-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Naw, we won't say. But, here's are some hints... It can be mounted on a tripod; you can use a darkcloth with it; the images can be "contact printed;" and you can get 8x10's or larger photos from the camera.

If anyone wants a larger web size image, let me know. I had done a batch processing with a resize of 400x600, but that was set up for the portrait-oriented images. The landscape-oriented ones came out with 400 on the horizontal side, but only 238 or so on the verticle.

Cheers,
James

aj-images
05-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks James for posting those. When are we going to see the film shots guys????? I'll start processing the sheet film tomorrow and will post as I print. - Jim

Tom Duffy
05-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks for posting, James. I'll try to make the next outing.

Take care,
Tom

JamesG
05-25-2006, 11:19 AM
We'll be glad to have you on board, Tom. Robert Triffin and I, and anyone else who may be interested, are going to Mt. Holly, NJ on Monday to scout out some photo ops. If you are interested, please let me know.

And, of course, anyone else who may be interested, let me know too.

James

Tom Duffy
05-25-2006, 08:50 PM
We'll be glad to have you on board, Tom. Robert Triffin and I, and anyone else who may be interested, are going to Mt. Holly, NJ on Monday to scout out some photo ops. If you are interested, please let me know.

And, of course, anyone else who may be interested, let me know too.

James
Thanks for the invite, but I can't make it. In my spare time, I ride on two volunteer ambulance corps. Monday is a big parade day...

David A. Goldfarb
05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Just keep announcing them here, and I'll try to make them when I can. I'll be away for two months during the summer and have a lot to get done before I leave, but maybe in the Fall I'll be able to join in.

aj-images
05-30-2006, 07:20 PM
So I come to find out that a 300mm lens just falls short of covering 8x10 format. Duh. But I did use a uni-roller system that I picked up on Ebay and I absolutely love it. So, I will be looking for a new lens on Ebay so I will be all set for the next shoot. Live and learn. - Jim

Bruce Osgood
05-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Yes, please keep the line open. July is out for me again but keep posting and I would like to make at least one outing.

AndrewH
05-31-2006, 01:00 PM
You'll find that ill-matched yellow socks lead to extensive film fogging ;)

Terryhull
06-01-2006, 03:05 PM
It must have been the yellow socks mentioned in an earlier post. My 4X5 shots were not so professional as to merit posting, but they did confirm my Arca Swiss does what it is intended to do!

polaski
08-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Photo Opportunities:

Naturally, for those who would be interested Della Sandro's - one of Philadlephia's best cheese steak "joints" - is located in Manayunk on Ridge Ave. & Walnut Lane.
Robert J. Triffin

Dallesandro's. The address is Henry Avenue and Walnut Lane, and the neighorhood is Roxborough. Up Ridge from Walnut Lane is Bob's Diner, good breakfasts. Right next door to Bob's is an old cemetary, with a grave of a nurse who died in the Spanish American War. Way south on Ridge, past Midvale Ave (East Falls), is Mt Laural Cemetary, a Victorian "monumental/garden" cemetary that includes General George Meade. I used a Bessa 66 to photograph the annual ceremories on Memorial Day. Got the negatives, but still have to print out them out.

JamesG
08-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Dallesandro's. The address is Henry Avenue and Walnut Lane, and the neighorhood is Roxborough. Up Ridge from Walnut Lane is Bob's Diner, good breakfasts. Right next door to Bob's is an old cemetary, with a grave of a nurse who died in the Spanish American War. Way south on Ridge, past Midvale Ave (East Falls), is Mt Laural Cemetary, a Victorian "monumental/garden" cemetary that includes General George Meade. I used a Bessa 66 to photograph the annual ceremories on Memorial Day. Got the negatives, but still have to print out them out.

I have been there, but fortunately I had someone with me who lives in Philly. It is a good place for photograhy. This would be a good location for a NJ/PA/NY get together if we had an organizer. Let's consider the opportunity. Thanks for the info.

James

polaski
08-04-2006, 05:26 AM
JamesG -- First I should pay for membership. This is an excellent forum. Secondly, day job is all comsuming for next two months. October might be a good time. Gravestone and monuments photograph better in oblique light. I'll contuinue to lurk on off hours, and getting together with a group would be a kick-start on my current photo doldrums.