PDA

View Full Version : Quiet out there.

Christopher Walrath
05-23-2006, 12:10 PM
How's it going guys? Whatcha been taking pictures of? Just got some ND filters and after readnig for months on how to use them, finally got the chance to put it to practice. Went to a local lake and caught water going over the spillway. Think I hit it pretty well right on the mark. Some pics in my gallery. How about you?

TheFlyingCamera
05-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Just got home from the Intro to Platinum class at CFAAHP in New York. Terrific class - I can't wait to get back in my darkroom and do it again. I'm also waiting on new lensboards for the 8x10 so I can use my array of lenses. I'll be in the Florida Keys this weekend, doing some snorkelling and some fishing, so I'll have my underwater rig with me and shooting some 35mm color print film. We're aiming for a weekend get-together maybe 1st or 2nd weekend in June. Theory has it going up to Philly to take in Eastern State Penitentiary and maybe the old waterworks on the Schuykill river behind the Art Museum.

c6h6o3
05-23-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm committed on Sunday, June 4th all day. So if it's the first weekend, make it Saturday.

Christopher Walrath
05-23-2006, 04:47 PM
It's definitely a possibility. Keep us up on details.

c6h6o3
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
At last count I tallied 3 threads concerning a Mid Atlantic outing, namely: "Middy Meeting", "Mid Atlantic Apug Group" and "Quiet Out There".

This is ridiculous. May we please consolidate these into one thread?

wfe
05-24-2006, 02:57 PM
I have been doing some film speed testing and a bit of shooting. Also headed to Texas on May 25th for the les McLean darkroom workshop.

Regards,
Bill

c6h6o3
05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
I've been making the best photographs I've ever done. Can't wait to shoot more. Where are we going?

wfe
05-24-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm going to try to organize an outing to Eastern State Penitentiary and maybe the old waterworks on the Schuykill river behind the Art Museum in Philadelphia. Depends on the load at work and how much time I can find.

Regards,
Bill

TheFlyingCamera
05-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Bill- if you need any help with the organizing, let me know. I've shot at Eastern State before, so I know some of the logistics.

As an aside, how would folks feel about taking a day off work and doing a shoot mid-week? I know it is far more conducive to shooting at Eastern State mid-week, as the volume of people there is much lower.

For some more info on Eastern State, here is their website...

http://www.easternstate.org/

SteveH
05-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Im up for the mid-week thing. I have been to Eastern State Penn, and put the seed into Bill's head about waterworks. There's also a place off of the towpath/forbidden drive that we should check out.

c6h6o3
05-25-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm game for a weekday, but give me some lead time. It has to be arranged.

Travis Nunn
05-25-2006, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't be able to take off from work so I won't be able to make a mid-week shoot.