PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest In a Fall Texas APUG Gathering?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

photomc
05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
and of course any of our neighbors in NM, OK, AK or LA would be welcome as well.

Just posting to see if there would be any interest in a get together, there are a few of us. Say maybe late Sep. early Oct. so it is not quite so hot. Ideas on when/where welcome.

mikebarger
05-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Is Garland anywhere in the area?

mike

Jeremy
05-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Is Garland anywhere in the area?

mike

If you're talking about Garland, TX, then yes, it's really close (for Texas standards) being about a 1/2 hour or so from Dallas (if my mental metroplex map is accurate).

I missed the last one so I will try my damnedest to make this one, I'm in! Meet&Greet or do we go out shooting? I say we make it a day of shooting! Just my thoughts, though, which are worth less than naught :p

david b
05-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Did someone say ROAD TRIP?

Peter Williams
05-31-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm always in for a group shoot. What about trying one before then at night? It might make for some interesting images.

Nathan Smith
05-31-2006, 09:52 PM
Sounds like fun, count me in.

Dave Parker
05-31-2006, 10:03 PM
I would love to, but think it may be a bit to far for me, if I were to shave before I left, my beard would be about 6 inches long when I arrived!!!!

LOL

:D

R.

Gay Larson
05-31-2006, 10:33 PM
sounds great for me as long as it is not the first weekend in October since that is the workshop in Arizona and I am going to that. Would just love to take a trip to Dallas!

Curt
05-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Will the "Chicks" be there to play?

scootermm
06-01-2006, 12:12 AM
I will attend with bells and whistles.... or at least a camera and some film.

Bruce Osgood
06-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Just posting to see if there would be any interest in a get together, there are a few of us. Say maybe late Sep. early Oct. so it is not quite so hot. Ideas on when/where welcome.

Mike,
I doubt I can make it but I would like to point out October 6 is reported to be the Harvest Moon. Bright, bold and beautiful. I think it max's out at about 3:13 [EST] on Saturday Oct 7.

Just an idea of when...

wilhelm
06-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I would be down for something like this, depending on work/school/etc. I missed the end-of-year get together last year.

Will

David Brown
06-01-2006, 09:26 AM
If you're talking about Garland, TX, then yes, it's really close (for Texas standards) being about a 1/2 hour or so from Dallas ...

Depends on your part of Dallas. For me, it's five minutes away. :) But, then: Garland, really? :confused:

If we are going to meet and eat, Dallas/Ft. Worth is about as central as we can get. If we want to shoot, well, we might have to think about this ... ;)

But, I'm in.

Silverpixels5
06-01-2006, 09:33 AM
I'd like to attend as well, provided that I'm avaliable.

Valerie
06-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Sure!! (If the kids' schedules allow)......

lee
06-01-2006, 04:32 PM
I am in Providing I am not in arizona with that aforementioned workshop.

lee\c

photomc
06-01-2006, 05:45 PM
OK! Sounds like the interest is there.

I was thinking in terms of something like our friends across the pond have been doing..The UK folks seem to have this down (IMHO). Pick a weekend, meet up...enjoy some good food and spirits, then burn a bit of film. So at this point I am open (it is after all for all who can attend). If someone has a place that they think would be good to meet and shoot let's hear it. Places that come to mind for me are the Lost Pines in Bastrop (31/2 hrs from DFW), if around Oct Fair Park would be out due to the State Fair - otherwise, the Mission trail in San Antonio.

If everyone could toss out ideas, think we can figure out some place - central to all and still a lot of fun. We could try to keep drive times for everyone (except our neighbors across the borders) to less than 4-5 hrs. Then think about any activities that might be going on - this could be good or bad, and a place to stay - always a good thing. There are a few places that come to mind around Austin that might fit the bill - you guys down there could help us out with the logistics around there.

If the timing does not work out, let's see when a good time for most would be.

Thanks everyone....Bruce you going to be down here anytime soon? Let us know we could try to meet up.

David Brown
06-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I will attend with bells and whistles.... or at least a camera and some film.

Really looking forward to the bells! :p

We'll supply the whistles.

Valerie
06-05-2006, 07:54 PM
http://www.texrenfest.com/

Just a thought. This place is great fun! I know a few folks who work here and we may get be able permission to stay after closing.......

clay
06-05-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm interested. If it is in the Houston area, I can volunteer my darkroom for any demos or whatever. I also have a nice space to sit and look at photos.