View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 3 - October 2006

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Eric Jones
07-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm in again as well and I'm 100% committing to a PT/PD print - Beginner

philldresser
08-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Carl

How are we doing with subscriptions for Round 3?

My entry this time will be a kallitype from the Cathedral series. There, that should double the subscriptions! :)

Phill

CarlRadford
08-19-2006, 04:45 AM
the numbers might be down on the last but this is not an issue - as long as there is one other I can sucker a print from :) Dependant on numbers I'll probably do a gum over plt/pd print - not sure which! Have a 10x8 pinhole image that looks nice on vellum paper in plt/pd too!

Plenty of time yet, Carl

Carl

My entry this time will be a kallitype from the Cathedral series. There, that should double the subscriptions! :)

Phill

gbenaim
08-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Hi all,

I'm only set up for silver contacts, and am very interested in seeing other people's contact prints, alt or not. I was wondering if we could expand this exchange to include silver contacts, including AZO prints, or whether it'd be more suitable to start a general contact print exchange. Let me know what you think,

GB

jimcollum
08-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Carl

Phill

Carl,

will increasing the # of entries one submits, increase the chance of getting in Phil's group :^) (hmmm... last round there were 10 groups... so that's 40 prints to make )

Phil,

gorgeous images!!!

jim

David A. Goldfarb
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi all,

I'm only set up for silver contacts, and am very interested in seeing other people's contact prints, alt or not. I was wondering if we could expand this exchange to include silver contacts, including AZO prints, or whether it'd be more suitable to start a general contact print exchange. Let me know what you think,

GB

If you join any of the print exchanges or even the postcard exchange, there's a fair chance you'll get a few alt-process prints.

I got your PM about the Traveling Portfolio, which usually has some alt prints in it as well, and I should be able to fit you in. I'll get back to you when I've got the list in front of me to see where you fit best in the mailing sequence.

CarlRadford
08-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi GB

Not sure that we could extend the alt print exchange to include silver printing - albeit azo or silver - as this is getting away from the theme of the exchange. However, I have an alt print in the travelling portfolio and there were others in it too. You could always make a direct approach to someone whose work you enjoy if they'd be interested in an individual exchange with you!

All the best, Carl

Hi all,

GB

CarlRadford
08-28-2006, 11:54 AM
You are welcome to be in more than one group Jim as is anyone else - not sure my bank account was credited with enough to ensure you are in Phils group though :)

Carl,

will increasing the # of entries one submits, increase the chance of getting in Phil's group :^) (hmmm... last round there were 10 groups... so that's 40 prints to make )

Phil,

gorgeous images!!!

jim

philldresser
08-28-2006, 12:08 PM
You are welcome to be in more than one group Jim as is anyone else - not sure my bank account was credited with enough to ensure you are in Phils group though :)

Your bank account ????? :)

Thanks Jim for the kind comment

Phill

CarlRadford
08-28-2006, 02:33 PM
you're barred :)

Your bank account ????? :)

Thanks Jim for the kind comment

Phill

colrehogan
09-02-2006, 03:18 PM
What is the status of this exchange?

donbga
09-02-2006, 03:25 PM
What is the status of this exchange?
The cut off date for sign up is September 17th.

Gene_Laughter
09-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Carl - Sign me up. Bromoil (E), I guess. Point me to the rules and info again please.

Gene Laughter
Glen Allen, VA

CarlRadford
09-04-2006, 12:03 PM
will give you all the info you need! Welcome onboard!

Carl - Sign me up. Bromoil (E), I guess. Point me to the rules and info again please.

Gene Laughter
Glen Allen, VA

Gene_Laughter
09-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Carl, page one says, "same guidelines as the previous two rounds so please read through them to see what is considered acceptable etc."

I can't find these guidelines?

Gene

CarlRadford
09-04-2006, 03:13 PM
We split into groups of four or five. We try and balance the experts, intermediates and beginners in each group. Each member of the group mails a print to the other three/four members, and receives three/four prints. The only requirement being that it is a print made with one of the alternative processes. Up to individuals if images are over-matted, size etc etc. Some info on how the print was made etc always nice. You can always ask to be in more than one group should you wish!

Carl, page one says, "same guidelines as the previous two rounds so please read through them to see what is considered acceptable etc."

I can't find these guidelines?

Gene

CarlRadford
09-16-2006, 04:33 AM
so far we have 21! 24 would give us 6 groups of 4 and we'd get a nice balance of experience across the groups. I am happy to be in 2 groups - looking for 2 others to do 2, first come first served unless we get a few to do 2 and then I will redo the groups even if I need to pull out of 2 to make the numbers work?

All the best, Carl

gr82bart
09-16-2006, 06:17 AM
Carl,

I'd be in for 2 groups as well.

Regards, Art.

David A. Goldfarb
09-16-2006, 06:30 AM
I'd be in for 2 groups if you need another.

gwatson
09-16-2006, 07:23 AM
I'd like to be in one group, if it is not too late. Bit of a novice really.

Cheers

Geoff