PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 3 - October 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

CarlRadford
09-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Geoff and welcome!

I'd like to be in one group, if it is not too late. Bit of a novice really.

Cheers

Geoff

CarlRadford
09-16-2006, 10:01 AM
or I'll drop from two groups leaving a nice number for groups of 4!

Carl

jimcollum
09-16-2006, 12:48 PM
add me to 2 groups

donbga
09-16-2006, 12:50 PM
or I'll drop from two groups leaving a nice number for groups of 4!

Carl
I can do two groups Carl.

CarlRadford
09-16-2006, 01:12 PM
unless there is a late new entry that is us - I'll post groups tomorrow!

CarlRadford
09-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Group 1
donbga - Don Bryant (I/E)
Rorye (I/E)
Carl Radford (I)
gwatson - Geoff Watson (B)

Group 2
Joe Lipka (E)
Carl Radford (I)
Phill Dresser (B)
Erin Hilburn (B)

Group 3
Nze - Christian Nze (E)
Todd Stew (I)
David A. Goldfarb (B)
Mark Fisher (B)

Group 4
Allen Friday (E)
colrehogan - Diane (I)
gr82bart - Art - (B)
Eric Jones (B)

Group 5
Jim Collum (E)
Magic823 - Steve Allen (I)
David A. Goldfarb (B)
gr82bart - Art - (B)

Group 6
Jim Collum (E)
donbga - Don Bryant (I/E)
Carl Radford (I) - slot open for late entry/another for a 2nd group!
morkolv - Morten (B)

Group 7
Gene_Laughter (E)
John Brewer (I)
Travis Nunn (B)
Anke Drewitz (B)

Any obvious erros give me a shout! We are aiming for end of October exchange - if there are any problems please communicate with eachother - its good to talk. Enjoy folks!

gr82bart
09-17-2006, 07:59 AM
PMs sent. Thanks for organizing this Carl!

Regards, Art.

CarlRadford
09-19-2006, 04:41 PM
counted the groups prior to removing Matt from the calculations so it was my error however....

Mark Fisher
09-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I finished mine and they are out in the mail except I have not heard from David Goldfarb.......if you are out there, please send me a PM with your address.

gr82bart
10-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Whew! I just finished all my prints for this exchange, but I don't have all the addys. Allen and Jim, please PM me your addy so that I can mail the prints to you this week. I needed to do this since I'll be traveling for the next 4-6 weeks.

Regards, Art.

Mark Fisher
10-01-2006, 09:50 PM
David's is out now too!

David A. Goldfarb
10-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks! I'll try to get mine out in the next few weeks or so.

I just got a PM from Mateo about the albumen print I sent him back in June--

Hi there David,

yesterday I went to change out the doormat at my house and found a package under it. The cardboard was in really bad shape but I could still read the addresses on it and was really surprised to find your print completely undamaged.[...]

Well, I guess the lesson is to pack carefully. I usually send mine either in an 11x14x1" box that I can get from Staples in packs of 5 or in a Savage corrugated cardboard print mailer. Not sure which I used for Mateo's.

CarlRadford
10-02-2006, 02:53 AM
Just check under the mat more often :)

Thanks! I'll try to get mine out in the next few weeks or so.

I just got a PM from Mateo about the albumen print I sent him back in June--

Well, I guess the lesson is to pack carefully. I usually send mine either in an 11x14x1" box that I can get from Staples in packs of 5 or in a Savage corrugated cardboard print mailer. Not sure which I used for Mateo's.

philldresser
10-04-2006, 07:54 AM
I printed my images for Round 3 last night.

This was the first photographic task I have done in almost 2 months and it felt good to get back to the darkroom. I really need to get back into the swing of things. Why do all the good things have to wait?

Now I just have to matt and mount them and get them in the post! (I am still waiting for 2 addresses as well)

Cheers

Phill

Travis Nunn
10-04-2006, 06:00 PM
I just received a beautiful Bromoil transfer from Gene Laughter.

gr82bart
10-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Yesterday, I sent all my prints out. Hope you guys enjoy them.

Regards, Art.

CarlRadford
10-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Just finished printing 7 of the 9 10x8 plt/pd prints to find a small fault on the neg which I hadn't seen as I was printing - an earlier piece of paper couldn't have been dry enough and I have plt/pd on the neg :( Whilst its small I notice and am in a quandry as to what to do - Need to think as I really like this neg! I've time but....

colrehogan
10-10-2006, 10:46 PM
I got a very nice print from Art in the mail today. Thanks!

Diane

Allen Friday
10-11-2006, 03:46 PM
I love the alt print exchange. Today, Dan-Dan-the-UPS-Man arrived with a beautiful polariod transfer from gr82bart, (aka Art, aka www.ArtLiem.com). The print is a delicate little jewel of a transfer--a beautiful, yet unique, woodland scene.

Thank you much, Art.

To those in my group, It finally rained, which means the combines have come to a hault, and I can get to printing. I mixed all the chemicals today and will let them age over night. Should be able to print tomorrow.

Thanks again, Art.

Allen

donbga
10-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Just finished printing 7 of the 9 10x8 plt/pd prints to find a small fault on the neg which I hadn't seen as I was printing - an earlier piece of paper couldn't have been dry enough and I have plt/pd on the neg :( Whilst its small I notice and am in a quandry as to what to do - Need to think as I really like this neg! I've time but....
I would go ahead and send it if it is really good image.

Don Bryant