PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 3 - October 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

philldresser
11-05-2006, 02:01 PM
I received a lovely Pt/Pd print from Joe Lipka on Friday. Thanks Joe.

What I love about the exchange is that I get to see:

processes that I have not yet tried
excellent examples of Alt Print work
different presentation styles
etc

What I dont like is:

That I want to now try these new processes
knowing I still have 'a lot' to learn about the processes that I have tried

This is my second exchange and I must commend all on the quality of submissions that I have received so far.

Phill

Anke Drewitz
11-06-2006, 03:03 AM
Anke, Gene and Travis - they're on their way!

Jake.

And the print has just arrived on Saturday, really nice work, I like the choosen pigment colour and the image very much and I will thank you for the words about yourself. I think I will do this next round too.

:) Carl count me in for the next round! :)

And I agree full with Phill's thoughts about the exchange, the prints I got so far are a stimulus to go on with and learn more about all these nice processes.

Best wishes
Anke

gwatson
11-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Received two wonderful pt/pd prints from Carl over the weekend. Thank you so much. Mine hopefully on their way next week at some point.

Thanks again Carl, not just for the prints, but for organising this exchange as well.

Geoff

CarlRadford
11-06-2006, 01:50 PM
your comments are appreciated!

Received two wonderful pt/pd prints from Carl over the weekend. Thank you so much. Mine hopefully on their way next week at some point.

Thanks again Carl, not just for the prints, but for organising this exchange as well.

Geoff

CarlRadford
11-06-2006, 02:06 PM
well three actually:

Joe Lipka sent me two - both stunning - one from Chinatown, Vancover with a juxtaposition of kanji signage and a normal no entry sign. Also an image from the Labyrinth series that was published in Lenswork. The quality is stunning - and no the one produced from a digital camera has amazing detail - masterful and something I can only aspire too.

Rory - the man who had the temerity to suggest he might not be an expert - sent a stunning portrait the strength of which is incredible! The image is of Clarence Clemens whom I do not know - I did search the web and came across a Clarence Clemons - a sax player who is fantastic so if this is a mistake its a great one as I am about to order some of his music for sure - whoever the image is of it is stunning with wonderful blacks and a great range of tones and just lovely light.

More for my wall and thank you for images that will find space of my walls!

Carl

Kerik
11-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Clarence Clemons also happens to play in a little combo called the E Street Band. If only I could remember the lead singer's name...

I'm lucky enough to have a copy of that print hanging on my wall, too. Plus, the maker is a hell of a nice guy...

philldresser
11-06-2006, 02:33 PM
I received two print from Carl today. Lovely pinhole work Carl.

Thanks very much

Phill

rorye
11-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi Carl,
I'm so glad you like the print! It was a fun one to shoot, and fun to print!
Thanks for your kind words :) I recommend his album Peacemaker, just sax and drums.
Hi Kerik, thanks! (Kerik completely changed the way I print Pt/Pd, he's the man)

CarlRadford
11-07-2006, 02:07 AM
you should've seen him in a kilt and playing the bagpipes. I'm sure there are some incriminating photos of him knocking about - acting up on the last day of our course. But you're right Rory everyone should do his plt/pd course!

Hi Carl,
I'm so glad you like the print! It was a fun one to shoot, and fun to print!
Thanks for your kind words :) I recommend his album Peacemaker, just sax and drums.
Hi Kerik, thanks! (Kerik completely changed the way I print Pt/Pd, he's the man)

magic823
11-07-2006, 02:09 PM
It would be nice if "some" people actually sent their prints. I got one from Art and that was it. In all the exchanges I've been in I've averaged about 33% of the time receiving prints.

CarlRadford
11-07-2006, 02:46 PM
have you pm'd those concerned and asked re an update of delivery. We are only a week overdue & looking back through the posts David Goldfarb has already made his intentions clear which only leaves Jim. It would be more appropriate if this be done by pm first and then I will follow up if there are still problems. As always we rely on peoples integrity!

Keep me posted - preferably by pm at this stage, Carl.

It would be nice if "some" people actually sent their prints. I got one from Art and that was it. In all the exchanges I've been in I've averaged about 33% of the time receiving prints.

rorye
11-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Carl,
What a treat to recieve your wonderful print today! It's so rich and moody, just fantastic. You're right, the garlic flowers really make it. My wife (being Scottish) wants it on the wall soon.
Thanks for a great treat!
Rory

CarlRadford
11-07-2006, 04:25 PM
just been to your site and see you're a notherner too - having been raised in Ramsgate I am allowed that one - if you ever return to these shore let me know. We are just outside of sunny Glasgow! Why is there no plt/pd on your website?

All the very best, Carl

Carl,
What a treat to recieve your wonderful print today! It's so rich and moody, just fantastic. You're right, the garlic flowers really make it. My wife (being Scottish) wants it on the wall soon.
Thanks for a great treat!
Rory

ErinHilburn
11-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Hey I've got everything packaged up and should be sending it out today, so everyone in my group should be recieving it withing a week give or take ;). Sorry it took a bit been working on portfolios for school:) Hope you like it.

rorye
11-09-2006, 09:56 AM
just been to your site and see you're a notherner too - having been raised in Ramsgate I am allowed that one - if you ever return to these shore let me know. We are just outside of sunny Glasgow! Why is there no plt/pd on your website?

All the very best, Carl

Hi Carl,
We go back pretty much every summer and fly in to Glasgow. I'll give you a shout next time we go! There's no Pt on my site because it's strictly my commercial stuff, although maybe it's time to do a seperate site for b&w...
Best,
Rory

CarlRadford
11-09-2006, 11:06 AM
And yes it is time for B&W on your site - still smiling at Clemence who is sitting beside my monitor at the moment.

Take care, Carl

Hi Carl,
We go back pretty much every summer and fly in to Glasgow. I'll give you a shout next time we go! There's no Pt on my site because it's strictly my commercial stuff, although maybe it's time to do a seperate site for b&w...
Best,
Rory

gwatson
11-10-2006, 10:47 AM
I am delighted to say that I too now know what CC looks like.

Stunning, Rory. Can't say more than that.

Many thanks

Geoff

John_Brewer
11-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Carl, count me in please.

John

CarlRadford
11-10-2006, 01:50 PM
You were counted but I could always count you in on round 4 :)

Carl, count me in please.

John

rorye
11-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi Geoff,
I'm glad you like it! Thanks for your kind words.
Best, Rory