PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 3 - October 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

David A. Goldfarb
02-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I just got a fantastic 8x10 Ziatype from Christian. The more I see of this process, the more I'm interested.

Apologies again for the delay with mine. We're still sorting out things with the new baby and the darkroom, but getting there. Anyone expecting a print from me will get one.

nze
02-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi all just a few words to keep inform that I ship the prints To anyone 3 weeks ago. So if you don't receive them keep me inform.
Best

toddstew
02-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi all just a few words to keep inform that I ship the prints To anyone 3 weeks ago. So if you don't receive them keep me inform.
Best

I also received a beautiful print from Christian. Thanks for the wonderful image.
Todd

Mark Fisher
02-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I also received a beautiful print from Christian. Thanks for the wonderful image.
Todd

As did I....beautiful and well worth the wait. I've seen a couple of ziatypes and it definitely makes me want to try it. Christian, have you ever tried using other metal additions like gold? I am especially attracted by the chance to vary the color.

nze
02-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Mark

I added anything in ziatype. In fact my favortie additive is platinum (chloroplatinite salt) as it reduces the Drange of ziatype adn treuly improve the separation in the low light. should mention that in ziatype the addition of platinum give warmer tone . Another good one is gold in low quantity it as the same effect as platinum but give colder tone .

I should also add that ziatype may be control by many factor : humidity , chemistry , and even developer. Sullivan and Weesse demonstrate the use of a method where the humidity is control ( 50-65% Rh), in this case you control the color by the chemistry ( gold , ferric salt, platinum, tungstate, etc) . hope this help
best regards
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_nze/