PDA

View Full Version : Traveling Portfolio--Round 3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

David A. Goldfarb
07-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Seems like a nightmarish situation has occurred not with the APUG Traveling Portfolio, but with the Acutance.com Travelling Exhibition (formerly at f32.net), wherein one participant has gotten stuck with $240 in shipping fees so far and perhaps more to come, so to avoid that circumstance, I've updated the FAQ thusly--

Q: What method of shipping should I use? Should I insure the portfolio?
A: Use a carrier that offers the best compromise between shipping time and cost. It is not necessary to send the portfolio overnight or to use a costly courier or express service.

Do not insure the portfolio or declare a high value for customs when shipping internationally, or the recipient may be assessed a high duty to receive the portfolio, and will justifiably not accept it, and then the carrier may charge you a return shipping fee. This has not happened with the APUG Traveling Portfolio, but it did happen with a similar project on another site.

matt miller
08-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I received the portfolio today. What is the combination?

David A. Goldfarb
08-24-2006, 09:14 PM
I received the portfolio today. What is the combination?

PM sent.

Rlibersky is up next.

CarlRadford
08-25-2006, 10:48 AM
there seems to be no communication?

David A. Goldfarb
08-25-2006, 10:53 AM
there seems to be no communication?

At last check it was en route from Ole to Nige.

David A. Goldfarb
09-23-2006, 06:52 AM
Any news from Portfolio I? Nige, did you get it?

Randy has Portfolio II, and nsurit should be up next.

gbenaim has been added to the list for Portfolio II.

Aggie
09-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Any news from Portfolio I? Nige, did you get it?

Randy has Portfolio II, and nsurit should be up next.

gbenaim has been added to the list for Portfolio II.

Quick question David, do you have my current address? I know all the ladies at the post office are excited about it. I have two of them ditching their digital cameras and taking analog back up. Showing them that portfolio will be a great incentive for them to start doing their own work.

David A. Goldfarb
09-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Quick question David, do you have my current address? I know all the ladies at the post office are excited about it. I have two of them ditching their digital cameras and taking analog back up. Showing them that portfolio will be a great incentive for them to start doing their own work.

Not sure, Aggie. Send it to me in a PM (current address, phone, and e-mail) just in case, and I'll check it against the list.

Nige
09-24-2006, 07:23 AM
not here yet...

Ole
09-24-2006, 12:35 PM
I've got a tracking number, but not here with me right at this moment. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow (I'm at work for the next 12 hours).

Nige
10-04-2006, 05:10 AM
it has arrived!

David A. Goldfarb
10-04-2006, 06:35 AM
it has arrived!

Thanks for checking in. The next leg won't be such a long trip--Mick Fagan is up next for Portfolio I.

Hey, if any of you guys are in touch with Robert Teague while he's down there, maybe he can get a look at the portfolio.

Mick Fagan
10-04-2006, 07:29 AM
David, unfortunately I don't think Robert will be able to see it.

Nige must live about 10 minutes from my place, coz he works about 10 minutes from my place. Hopefully Nige and I can meet up.

Then I send it to Nicole, (I think) and from there I think it leaves this continent.

David A. Goldfarb
10-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Yes, Nicole is after Mick, then off to California, where I think we'll need to reconfirm a few addresses.

Mick Fagan
10-05-2006, 02:51 AM
What is most interesting right now, is that Nige lives about ten minutes from my place, and Nicole is about 11 minutes away in the other direction, on a working holiday.

It's a pity we didn't know the portfolio was going to turn up at this time, otherwise we could've worked out a trio of portfolio members meeting together.

Mick.

Nicole
10-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Hi Mick, just got back home last night. I would've loved to catch up with many of you but this trip was sooo tight!! I'll have to make another trip again soon at the next Melbourne apug get-together. Melbourne was incredible! Can't wait to visit next time.

David A. Goldfarb
11-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Nicole, I guess we'll give you a pass this round but will be anxiously looking forward to your participation on the next trip.

Chris Glanton is up next, but if Chris has disappeared, we'll move on to Tom Sauerwein.

Aggie
11-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Nicole, I guess we'll give you a pass this round but will be anxiously looking forward to your participation on the next trip.

Chris Glanton is up next, but if Chris has disappeared, we'll move on to Tom Sauerwein.
David, it might be a cheery thing to get the portfolio. I bet she would love it. If She can only have her hubby stick one of her already printed pictures in, when it gets to me, I will do the matting for it.

David A. Goldfarb
11-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Thanks Aggie. If she doesn't see this, have her send me a PM or e-mail with her current address, phone number, and e-mail address.

Aggie
11-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks Aggie. If she doesn't see this, have her send me a PM or e-mail with her current address, phone number, and e-mail address.
lol, I'm sure HE will be in contact